PDA

View Full Version : Lores

TheYoungin
22-01-2011, 19:53
I know this is probbly a stupid question but does every army get to choose lores? I know every wizard gets to pick his own, but are there some armies that can't have a lore?

enyoss
22-01-2011, 20:00
Yes. Which lores a wizard has access to is stated (usually pretty clearly) in the army book. For example, amongst other things, Chaos sorcerers don't have access to Life and Light magic.

Rhamag
22-01-2011, 20:02
Tomb Kings have their own "lore".

Skaven have 2 lores of their own. A Grey Seer can chose from either, a Warlock Engineer gets one, Plague Priests get the other.

Beastmen have a lore of their own, but can chose from a few of the main 8 lores.

Wood Elves also have their own lore, but level 3/4 mages can pick from a couple in the BRB if they want to.

Hope that's some help.

TheYoungin
22-01-2011, 20:07
Okay, so I play orcs and does that mean i can only use the little waaagh and the big waaagh and i cant use beasts or death or light or any of the other ones in the 8th ed ruelbook?

Ultimate Life Form
22-01-2011, 20:22
Yes this is correct; you will notice in the entries of your characters that it says they use their respective Waaagh Lores. A caster can only use the Lores offered in his description (unless he has a Magic Item or special Skill that says otherwise, like for example the Wizarding Hat).

TheYoungin
23-01-2011, 04:23
Kay thanks everybody that was enlightening.

AMWOOD co
23-01-2011, 08:12
Specifically, goblins use Little Waaagh! and orcs use Big Waaagh! No choice at all for greenskin shamans other than what shaman you take.

Note: 'Itty Ring is always nice (for us). Sniping is mean (to them).