PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Strigoi List - Reclaiming Morgheim one Orc at a time -

Rabid Bunny 666
23-01-2011, 00:57
Hey, I jotted up a list at work a few days ago but I haven't had the chance to post it up, so here goes;

LORDS: - 385
Vampire Lord: Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls, Infinite Hatred, Ogre Blade, Talisman of Preservation - 385

HEROES: - 485
Vampire: Summon Ghouls, Infinite Hatred, Talisman of Protection: 155
Vampire: Summon Ghouls, Infinite Hatred, BSB, Talisman of Endurance: 195
Necromancer: 55
Necromancer: Sceptre de Noirot: 80

CORE: - 768
20 Ghouls: Ghast: 168
20 Zombies: Standard: 88

RARE - 350
Varghulf: 175
Varghulf: 175

=1988

Righy then. I'm more of a 40k bloke but i'd like to get a Fantasy army up and running. The general idea is the army marches forwards as quickly as possible (helped by Ghoulkin). Vampires run with a unit of Ghouls each and spend the game making more. Necromancers either fix the units up or bump up the Zombies. Varghulfs watch the flanks. The only reason Zombies are in the list is for the banners.

This is mainly a friendly list for modelling purposes but if there is any way to tweak it to make it a little more powerful, or if anyone has any ideas about making it work on the tabletop, i'd be thankful. As for modelling chances, the Necromancers are going to be Ghoul Shamen, whilst the Ghouls will have their bone piercings removed. The Lord is a WIP based on Ghulvar and the Vampires will be greenstuff heavy.)

Agoz
23-01-2011, 08:43
Generally I think its best to use skeletons instead of zombies in a strigoi themed list for fluff reasons, as the ghouls tend to strip the meat off of any corpses they find.

martijn
23-01-2011, 11:11
haha that would indeed make more sense xD

IMO this list could work better if your zombies were 2 units of 30. That way, they have a bigger chance of outranking the enemy so they wont be steadfast should you win the combat.

martijn

metalloveman
24-01-2011, 04:02
Take the standards off the zombies. and give your lord an extra level instead of the ogre blade.and drop some zombies for more GHOULS! I like your fluff btw.