PDA

View Full Version : Transformation of KA-BOOM!

Ludaman
23-01-2011, 02:17
O.K. I tried to figure this one out myself to no success. I cast transformation of Kadon and turn myself into a giant mountain Chimera, I also miscast. My miscast result causes me to lose my wizard levels as well as my transformation spell. I am no longer a wizard, however in the BrB it says a remains in play spell lasts until I choose to end it or die, so uh, do I get to stay a Chimera?

tmarichards
23-01-2011, 02:29
Yes- the spell is cast before you resolve the miscast, and there's nothing in the remains in play spell section to say that losing your wizard levels ends the spell.

DaemonReign
23-01-2011, 02:55
Yes- the spell is cast before you resolve the miscast, and there's nothing in the remains in play spell section to say that losing your wizard levels ends the spell.

Seconded.

What can happen of course is that you roll the "remove model on 4+" result on the Miscast table and in that case, of course, since the Wizard/Chimera actually is the spell - it all goes down the drain.

T10
23-01-2011, 17:15
On the plus side, any damage effects are solved against your new Toughness value! Though it will be a rare occasion where this actually helps since all applicable damage from miscasts is Strength 10 and the highest base Toughness value of the arcane creatures is 8.

-T10

Ludaman
23-01-2011, 19:51
Awesome, my caster is no longer a wizard but can maintain remains in play spells? remember when they said miscasts were going to b so bad people thought twice about rolling 6 dice, hehehe

Lex
24-01-2011, 19:50
From the FAQ:
Q: If a Wizard has had his level reduced to 0 does he still counts as
a Wizard and can he still attempt to channel Power and Dispel
dice? (p28)
A: Yes.

Make it easier to figure out what happens?

a18no
24-01-2011, 20:02
Awesome, my caster is no longer a wizard but can maintain remains in play spells? remember when they said miscasts were going to b so bad people thought twice about rolling 6 dice, hehehe

Your error is there, since 8th wizards no longer "maintain" remains in play. When succesfully casted, a remain in play spell does exactly what it is supposed to do: it remain in play!

Lex
24-01-2011, 20:22
Your error is there, since 8th wizards no longer "maintain" remains in play. When succesfully casted, a remain in play spell does exactly what it is supposed to do: it remain in play!

Not quite, killing the wizard or if he leaves the table while fleeing will end the spell, but as the FAQ says losing levels doesn't matter as he is still a wizard.

Blkc57
26-01-2011, 08:00

You do realize that your opponent is just going to be able to toss power dice to dispell that during his magic phase? That poor wizard will only be a man. A little man surrounded by angry angry enemy troops.

Ludaman
26-01-2011, 21:42
unless he rolls like 3 dice for his power pool.... always seems to happen to me against Purple Sun... stupid purple sun...