PDA

View Full Version : 5000 point dwarf list - is there to many shooting units?

Dwarf Longbeard
23-01-2011, 04:40
Hi all
After spending a bit of time with my Beastmen army I've decided to give my Dwarfs a try again
After getting a few bits to round the army off at roughly 5000 points with runic items I've been looking at it and have got wondering is there to many shooting and artillery units in here, so I thought I'd seek some advice :)
Here's the list of models which I've currently got and the units their arranged into I haven't put any rune items on but i've included the equipment they are modelled with, all have full command

Dwarf lord with 24 Hammerers - he's the army general

Runelord with Anvil of doom

Master engineer

Runesmith with 24 Longbeards

Army standard bearer (with oath stone) and 34 dwarf warriors with hand weapon and shields

Dwarf thane with 24 dwarf warriors with great weapons and shields

20 Quarrellers

16 Thunderers

Dragon slayer with 19 troll slayers

20 Miners

Cannon

Organ gun

Flame Cannon

My main opponents are - Beastmen - Orcs and Goblins - Vampire counts - Tomb kings - Dark Elves
As I say most games are played at around 5000 points + (sometimes team up with other armies) but as a stand alone army is there too many shooting units in here?

Thanks for any replies

ftayl5
23-01-2011, 04:57
Is that 5000pts? Well anyway I've seen that much, if not more, shooting at much lower point games so no, if anything you could get some more shooting.

Dwarf Longbeard
23-01-2011, 05:54
Hi
It currently rounds out at around 4000 points once I've put runes on the characters and stuff, gives me a few points sparer to play around with, am looking at possibly including some rangers
Thanks for the advice I might look at getting some more thunderers or a grudge thrower?

russellmoo
23-01-2011, 07:00
A Grudge thrower is a good idea- definitely not too much shooting-

ftayl5
23-01-2011, 07:49
Grudge Throwers with Rune of Penetrating are devastating.

Dwarf Longbeard
23-01-2011, 19:17
Thanks for the advice I'm going to give that a try, good to cut the hoards down
That'll be 5 pieces of artillery and with the rest being mostly close combat troops it shouldn't be to bad

LoadsaOrcs
23-01-2011, 19:39
Lots of good stuff in there, but it doesnt look very optimised to me, to be honest. You need more artillery! :D
Its all extra money, but for the 5k army go for..
-2 cannons (runed)
-2 grudge throwers (runed)
-I like the Flame cannon in big games like this.
-Give the Quarellers great weapons
-Bulk up the Hammerers if you can. (i know they're expensive though!) Hoard Hammerers are devastating.