PDA

View Full Version : 500 pt last edition brets vs WoC

blue penguin
23-01-2011, 03:48
My brother and I played a game after not playing for a long time. It was an awesome game which I lost but I'm ok since I had a couple of brain farts and still whooped ass. Since we got away from the hobby some we don't have the new rules yet so we used last edition. also we usually play till death

Me:
Paladin: Warbanner, warhorse
Damsel: lvl2(lore of beasts rolled crow's feast and sixth spell which was changed to bear's anger)
14 men-at-arms: full command
10 bowmen
5 Knights: full command

Brother:
exhalted champion: don't remember what he had
20 marauders: hand weapons and shields, full command, nurgle
around 10 marauders: great weapons, maybe mark of nurgle
spawn

I deployed my knights dead center with the paladin, bowmen on their left at an angle, and the men at arm with the damsel at the knight's right.
the spawn was opposite between knights and bowmen, then big unit with hero to its left(front of knights, then small unit in front of men at arms.

1st turn
he moves all forward
I moved my knight and men at arms to be facing the units opposite them and shot and caused a wound in spawn.

2nd turn
he moves to within charge range
I charge both units and shoot down the spawn. damsel casts bear's anger on self and small marauder gets decimated to like two which get over runned. Knights kill one and receive two unsaved wounds.

3rd
his unit kills the rest of the knights of the realm and paladin runs.
paladin rallys, men at arms move closer to his unit, bowmen kill 1 marauder and the damsel kills some more by casting crow's feast

4th
he charges paladin and issues challenge( we had forgotten that he had to in the previous fight) paladin flees off of table.
bowmen wheel some to give front to marauders and fail all their to wound rolls. damsel kills some more with crow's feast.

5th
he regroups into two ranks(12 left maybe) and faces bowmen.
I think of attempting to charge his rear but decide to just get closer and cast CF since I thought I would fail the charge(found out that I would have reached when I measured my movement) bowmen make a wound, damsel casts crow's feast, rolls 12 wounds but he saves all that wound).

6th
he charges bowmen kills all but 3 who get overrun out of the table.
I have my guys position themselves for the marauders return.

7th
he returns and faces me and I think I'm going to charge you and cast bear's anger and destroy you.
my turn and first thing I do is roll to cast crow's feast realizing then that I didn't charge him and that he would charge me :( don't kill anything.

8th
he charges I accept his challenge with my champ which he kills, some wounds are exchanged and I flee.
I rally cast crow's feast and leave him with only his hero and full command

9th
he charges and kills my damsel with his hero. only 5 of my guys remain and they stand their ground.
his guys kill my remaining guys.

we enjoyed the game and had a great time. my younger brother then asked my older brother(the one from this report) to play with him and they had a terrible time (mostly because my younger brother whines about just everything whether he is winning or loosing:rolleyes:.

Homefry1111
29-01-2011, 09:40
Interesting way of playing... till death! Maybe I'll try that sometime... Welcome back to the game, first off. I'm pretty new as well but my buddies have played for quite a while, so they've helped me out a lot. If you ever get serious into the game, and want to know tournament rules and what not, there is a lot of people here ready to help :-). Good Battle Report though. You'll find in the new edition, if you want to start 8th edition rules, you can measure everything out beforehand but things are more random. instead of infantry only charging double their move, they can now charge several inches farther on a good roll. It's a lot of fun and thats all this game is about. Keep playing and keep the battle reports up :-)

blue penguin
30-01-2011, 19:29
thanks, I've been thinking of getting the new rulebook, but since I don't know if I'm gonna get back into it good rather than just maybe play with my brothers twice a month I'm waiting a bit;however I'm still reading about them here and there. that charge thing sounds good for my dwarfs that is something I'm looking forwards to.