PDA

View Full Version : Stegadon Question

Necronoxz
23-01-2011, 10:27
Hi all,

another Question related on tactics from me.

I reconsider to take a skink chief or skink priest on a stegadon or acient stegadon.

As far as I know the points from riding the stegadon or acient stegadon counts as hero points becouse, it count as mount what make the whole model a character.

Characters can join units so here is the big Question:

Can my skink chief or skink priest on a stegadon or acient stegadon join a unit? I'm not sure about it becouse the stegie is a large target. and dont have the 8th BRB yet.

If so I think about playing them with my saurus warriors or skink kroxi unit.

Would here some comment on it mayby some-1 already played it.

BramGaunt
23-01-2011, 10:45
Monsters cannot join units, therefor your priest is on his own.

The priest on stegadon is, in my opinion, much more dangerous than the chieftain.

Necronoxz
23-01-2011, 10:51
hhmmzzz this is changed in the 8th?

In the 7th rullings a saurus lord on carnosaur can join a unit of saurus wariors this was no problem. and a carnosaur is also a monster right?

So this means that a carnosaur has a big negative affect in the 8th rullings.

Gaargod
23-01-2011, 15:29
One of many. Although i would never, ever put a carnosaur in a saurus unit to be honest.

Monsters (including monstrous mounts) cannot join units of non-monsters.

RMacDeezy
23-01-2011, 15:50
Monsters (including monstrous mounts) cannot join units of non-monsters.

good thing too, the last thing we need running around is greater daemons with static CR from joining units.

Necronoxz
23-01-2011, 18:24
well I think it was quit funny to have a slann priest with unit temple guards and a bigg skink unit with 5 rank and 2 kroxies be joined by a acient seggie with skink priest. and for the remaining points filled up with skink skirmizers ( 1 unit chameleon skinks)

2 big hard CC units, 2 big fat wizzy's and much irritating skinks.

But well now looking for other thing to do with my army :P