PDA

View Full Version : Base high elf 2000pt

xXleumasXx
23-01-2011, 14:04
here is a base 2000pts of high elves. i have played a few games with the army and they are turning out alright, i had one disaster but mostly ok. i am looking to build this army up and modify it slightly to fix any downfalls it may have. any suggestion on expansions of minor changes would be ok, bearing in mind that this is the extent of the high eles if have when you suggest changes, thankyou in advance.

Core-500
30 spear- full command
295 pts

------------------

18 archers-full command(mage 2)
105 pts

--------------------------
Lords-498

prince
-dragon (sun) 230
-lance 6
- D armour 9
-shield 3
-_-_-_-_-(magic items)
blade of leaping gold 60
Reaver Bow 40

------------------
Heroes-500
Mage 1- 196( in with reaver unit)
lvl2 35
Barded elven steed 16
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
the seerstaff of saphery 30
staff of solidity20

Mage 2- 185(with archer unit)
lvl2 35
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
starwood staff 40
silver wand 10

Special

5 reavers- 102 pts
(mage 1)
--------------
Rare-400

4 bolt throwers
-------------------------

2000 pts

gorbad
23-01-2011, 17:25
to may throwers:confused:

vinny t
23-01-2011, 17:45
well it seems like played well, it could be an effective list. One potential problem I see is that your mage in the reaver unit is really fragile. 5 5+ armor save T3 wounds are all that's saving him from being on his own. I would maybe drop the mage and the reaver unit. Then with those leftover points, take an archmage instead of the dragon lord and take a BSB to put into the spears.

This list has a good amount of rookie mistakes like taking a magic weapon and a lance on your lord when he can only use the magic weapon. Also your mages have 2 Arcane items each which is illegal.

Good luck, hope my suggestions help

xXleumasXx
23-01-2011, 18:39
to may throwers:confused:

thanks for your suggestions. about the throwers, the more the merrier, these four have been kicking some real ass, volleying until i had 2 left the solid shotting just rips them to shreds.:shifty:

Trains_Get_Robbed
24-01-2011, 02:02
Not bad, but if your going to run a shooting H.E list (which they tend to not due to hotley with) then why not run Alithnar and a Lord with the Bow of Seafarer in addition to your bolt throwers?

As previously mentioned, there is no purpose in taking the BoSG, its quite worthless, unless on foot with a strength potion.

Also, consider grabbing a BsB on Horse, with the A.P banner to stick into your archers.

Lastly, take either H.E or Heavens with one of the two casters, and run the A.C instead of S.W staff, it will come in handy.

xXleumasXx
24-01-2011, 15:47
thanks, but just for confirmation, could you guys not abbreviate the magic items, it means looking them up and confuses me :(

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
25-01-2011, 03:03
My comments will be in blue:

here is a base 2000pts of high elves. i have played a few games with the army and they are turning out alright, i had one disaster but mostly ok. i am looking to build this army up and modify it slightly to fix any downfalls it may have. any suggestion on expansions of minor changes would be ok, bearing in mind that this is the extent of the high eles if have when you suggest changes, thankyou in advance.

Core-500
30 spear- full command
295 pts

------------------

18 archers-full command(mage 2)
105 pts

--------------------------

The core total don't add up. I have it at 518 pts.

Lords-498

prince
-dragon (sun)
-lance
- D armour
-shield
-_-_-_-_-(magic items)
blade of leaping gold
Reaver Bow

------------------

Your Prince setup is also illegal as you have 2 magic weapons. You may only have one magic item per type per character. Also you're paying for things you can't use (the lance will never come into play as the character will use the Blade of Leaping Gold, assuming you keep that as your magic weapon of choice, due to the rule stating you'll use the magic weapon over other weapon choices.).

Heroes-500
Mage 1- 196( in with reaver unit)
lvl2
Barded elven steed
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
the seerstaff of saphery
staff of solidity

Mage 2- 185(with archer unit)
lvl2
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
starwood staff
silver wand

I wouldn't attach the mounted mage with the Ellriyan Reavers as it would keep them from using their fast cavalry rules. If you want he could just march behind & slightly to the side of the Reaver Knights in order take advantage of the Look Out Sir rule while still be able to cast spells due to TLOS. Again the mages are illegal as you have multiple arcane items per mage.

Special

5 reavers- 102 pts
(mage 1)
--------------
Rare-400

4 bolt throwers
-------------------------

2000 pts

I have the army total at 1899 pts. so you have about 101 pts. to play with.

I think the problem with this army is that you have no depth and will easily fold to horde type armies with strong shooting and/or magic. Also you've totally disregard the use of your special choices selections which is the true strength of the HE army. My suggestions is go with minimum core, reduce the number of RBTs to 2, tool up your 2nd lvl. mages for anti-magic protections and go with buff/de-buff lores, & select some hard hitting special choices regiments to bolster your lines. BTW you should revised this list as soon as possible as you're not supposed post individual point costs of an army list as it violates the intellectual property rights of GW and the forum rules.

xXleumasXx
25-01-2011, 16:09
:

BTW you should revised this list as soon as possible as you're not supposed post individual point costs of an army list as it violates the intellectual property rights of GW and the forum rules. [/COLOR]

why arent we supposed to put up the points cost, itelluectuall property rights?:confused::confused::confused:

BigbyWolf
25-01-2011, 16:36
why arent we supposed to put up the points cost, itelluectuall property rights?:confused::confused::confused:

That's pretty much the reason, yes.

As Pointy Headed Elven Paladin says, I'd revise the list without the illegal/ unneeded items/ weapons, and bunker both mages in your core units.

I'm worried about the general as well, the Sun Dragon is nowhere near as effective as the other ones, and as there's nothing in the list to back him up, I can see him going down easily to hordes or elite units.

I'd really suggest getting a few more troops in there. I know you've stated that this is all you have at the moment, but if you want to take this army further, they would be a necessary addition.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
26-01-2011, 06:30
I'm sorry I miss the part about these being the only units you currently own.

Ok in that case I'd suggest the following changes to your list:

Prince: 499 pts.
Equipment: great weapon, dragon armor, & shield
Magic Items: Star Lance, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix, & Ironcurse Icon
Mount: Sun Dragon

With this setup you have a 2+ save with re-rolls for failed saves, 2+ ward save vs. flaming attacks, a 5+ ward save, 4 STR 7 atks with no armor saves on the first turn of combat followed by have a 3+ save with re-rolls for failed saves, 2+ ward save vs. flaming attacks, a 5+ ward save, 4 STR 6 atks in subsequent close combat turns. In addition the Dragon now gets a 6+ ward save vs. warmachine attacks.

Mounted 2nd Lvl. Mage: 201 pts.
Magic Items: Seerstaff of Saphery, Amulet of Light, & Dragonbane Gem
Mount: Barded Elven Steed

I would recommend using either Lore of Shadows or Death as this wizard will probably get close to the fighting. IF Lore of Shadows I'd probably go with Withering and Pit of Shades. If Lore of Death then Purple Sun & Soulblight.

2nd Lvl. Mage on foot: 185 pts.
Magic Items: Annulian Crystal & Talisman of protection or Reaver Bow & Silver Wand

The first option gives the HE army some additional protection against magic by increasing the dispel dice pool and reducing the opponent's power dice pool by one die. The second option gives the army an additional "RBT" if you will. Either way I'd suggest High Magic (especially in the case of second option) since the army is built around shooting.

So with your RBTs, Core units, & the Reaver Knights the army now stands 1905 pts.

That leaves enough room for a Tiranoc chairot & a cheap magic banner or if you downgrade on of the Lord's or mages magic items this will give you the options of fielding 2 Great Eagles to include in your force to get up to 2000 pts.

I hope that helps.

Vordor711
02-02-2011, 23:18
If shooting is the main aim wouldn't lothern sea guards be a better choice then spearmen?

-Wes