PDA

View Full Version : Lore of death

xXBrentXx
23-01-2011, 15:52
What are some effective ways to us the lore of death.

Korraz
23-01-2011, 16:12
Point at character. Kill him.
Point Purple Sun at units. Kill them.

The lore is nearly as straightforward as Life. Just kill and maybe debuff, once in the while, so you can kill them easier.
Or you can combo it with things that require a Strength or T-Tests, like Dwellers or Lightnet.

T10
23-01-2011, 16:16
Perhaps the tactics forum is the place you want to ask this question.

-T10

tmarichards
23-01-2011, 16:24
Doom and Darkness on the general, as units that are near him MUST use his leadership.

t-tauri
24-01-2011, 08:38
Perhaps the tactics forum is the place you want to ask this question.

-T10

Agreed. Moved.

PeG
24-01-2011, 12:50
Doom and Darkness on the general, as units that are near him MUST use his leadership.

this is actually one of the most efficeint uses of lore of death and the spell that I have become to view as potentially the most powerful in the list.

Especially if you can lower the LD additionally by other methods such as slaanesh magic, -2 LD icon, masque, Hellcannon etc. Facing large steadfast units isnt so bad if they are at -4 or more to their LD.

SilasOfTheLambs
24-01-2011, 14:00
this is actually one of the most efficeint uses of lore of death and the spell that I have become to view as potentially the most powerful in the list.

Especially if you can lower the LD additionally by other methods such as slaanesh magic, -2 LD icon, masque, Hellcannon etc. Facing large steadfast units isnt so bad if they are at -4 or more to their LD.

This. As much as I hate the thought of using death magic, with the huge proliferation of steadfast and stubborn units in the game, combat res is a bad joke that keeps getting less funny... unless you can do a leadership nerf.

Purple sun is nice vs dwarfs, lizards, and decent against the human armies, but Doom and Darkness ALWAYS works, and is particularly powerful against the power armies, particularly skaven (whose base LD is very low and who need to do some shenanigans to get it up to a reasonable range.) Then you've got soulblight to deal with the elite types (hey look chaos warrior! you're now a 2-attack clanrat!) and some character sniping which really ruins the day of low-stat heroes like rats, humans, and elves.

tmarichards
25-01-2011, 10:52
The only army D+D doesn't work against is VC, but is is nice against Daemons.

Steam_Giant
25-01-2011, 12:52
What are some effective ways to us the lore of death.

Roll more dice than you deem necessary, because it means more chance of success, less chance to dispel and more dice thanks to lore attribute.

Point click roll

ScytheSwathe
25-01-2011, 23:03

Not sure where youre getting that MUST from, p100 (of the small book) in the characters section- under leadership tests; 'As we already mentioned on page 10, leadership tests are always taken on the highest value present in the unit...normally the character...occasonally prove to be the rank and file...

RMacDeezy
25-01-2011, 23:36
Not sure where youre getting that MUST from, p100 (of the small book) in the characters section- under leadership tests; 'As we already mentioned on page 10, leadership tests are always taken on the highest value present in the unit...normally the character...occasonally prove to be the rank and file...

i agree, i always thought that models used the highest LD available to them.

narrativium
25-01-2011, 23:56
The rules for Inspiring Presence says that units within range of the general use his Leadership. Not 'may use', implying an option, just 'use'. Apparently if you take a low-Ld general (skink priest on engine, perhaps) this demoralises your army.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
26-01-2011, 00:29
I'd say Doom and Darkness should be the first spell you cast whenever you get the chance on any enemy characters. Then assuming you have spirit leech I'd start to knock these guys off with their lowered Ld hopefully to draw some dispel dice out from your opponent. Then assuming you've got Purple Sun I'd cast that next at full power. This is turn will probably generate more power dice to use for your other spell casters.

This works great if you have an item that allows to ignore miscasts like the Lizardmen & High Elves do.

Hashulaman
26-01-2011, 00:48
I read that too, I even looked on the FAQ they do not touch on it. That thing about higher ldr I believe was for if characters are in a unit. The Inspiring Presence is the exception it seems. On page 107, it says units within 12 inches "use the generals leadership" not may or can.

Da Crusha
26-01-2011, 03:54
I'd say Doom and Darkness should be the first spell you cast whenever you get the chance on any enemy characters. Then assuming you have spirit leech I'd start to knock these guys off with their lowered Ld hopefully to draw some dispel dice out

Spirit leech works by using unmodified leadership.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
26-01-2011, 04:36
Spirit leech works by using unmodified leadership.

I stand corrected then. :)

However the casting order is still sound even if it doesn't has the secondary effect I've mentioned. Cast D&D on the General the whole army within 12 to 18" make all related LD tests at the lower leadership value. Spirit Leech will still cause some concern since it: 1) can kill a character outright 2) Generate more Power dice. Lastly Purple Sun if successfully cast will mostly like cause some units to fail panic tests due to casualties in addition to generating more power dice.

Goldenwolf
26-01-2011, 23:07
When people block D&D then use the attack spells, and hopefully generate more power dice. If you get lucky with this you can get 14+ dice in a round with no boosters