Knights x6
.full comman
.steel standard

this was pretty much my first list so im sure i screwed up somewhere

LoadsaOrcs
23-01-2011, 16:36
It looks pretty good overall to me.
- How many Greatswords are there?
- I think you need a cannon. At the moment you'll get eaten if you meet a Hellpit or Hydra. I'd consider taking one instead of the gunners.
- 20 Halberdiers feels small for 8th edition - it means you're not getting full use out of the Warrior Priest. Dropping a knight would let you take an extra rank on these guys.

xXleumasXx
23-01-2011, 18:42
i agree, some artillery is needed. cannon or mortar would do. a few hellblasters later on if you enlarge your army.

and if any of you have read the black libray book 'grimblades' you will know that you need at least a good 40 halberdiers, just coz the kick so much ass, you also need to call your leader Karlich XD i would also suggest that your greatswords (how many are there?) follow the carroburg scheme as that would make them that much more kick ass for no extra cost :D:D:D

Torpedo Vegas
23-01-2011, 19:02
General of the Empire
.warhorse
.barding
.full plate armor
.shield
.runefang
Nope. Way to expensive for such a small game. I'd go for an arch lector IF you need a lord choice at all, with a barded horse, IoMI and the hammer of judgement. A captain makes a better general at such a low point level.
Warrior Priest
.great weapon
.heavy armor
.casket of sorcery
Drop the casket of sorcery.

A wizard, lvl2, would be very helpful here, though not needed. If you drop the general like I suggested, I would make the WP the general, and get a captain BSB

Halberdiers x19
Nope, I'd make them 25 strong at least.
.full command
.banner of duty
detachment of swordmen x10
Will only serve to give your opponent VPs. Either make it a ranged unit or increase thier numbers along with the Halberdiers

Handgunners x10
.marksman
.longrifle
I'd take a unit of Pistolliers over this unit

Greatswords
.full command
How many? In any case, it will be too few or too expensive. Drop them, get another unit of State Troops, Halberdiers are good, or Swordsmen to hold enemy units.
Knights x6
.full comman
.steel standard
Solid

this was pretty much my first list so im sure i screwed up somewhere
Comments are in green

xXBrentXx
24-01-2011, 00:14
oh um 10 greatsword

lacurra
24-01-2011, 00:57
i might actually drop the knights or drop the general. i love to run 20 great swords w/ a detachment of 10 militia and a warrior priest in with them. i find that to be a very effective unit. but that is just me. really as someone pointed out the equipment you were putting on your guys is really excessive for such a small game. i would definitely want more bodies on the field. also artillary is a good thing. mortors for light armor guys or a hellblaster

Torpedo Vegas
24-01-2011, 02:24
oh um 10 greatsword

No. I cannot stress this enough, NO. 10 Greatswords are a horrible choice. Not Killy enough to handle equivalent sized elite troops from other armies, not numerous enough to hold back a horde. 10 Flaggelants work better as a tarpit. 20 Greatswords MAY work in a small game, but as your army grows, its more or less a rule that State Troops units (everything but calv and knights) that are meant for CC need to be 25 strong at least.

EDIT: Came off sounding a bit more hostile than intended sorry about that.

xXBrentXx
25-01-2011, 03:17
its ok i made that list based on the current models i have