PDA

View Full Version : 2k lizardmen slann priest

Necronoxz
23-01-2011, 21:56
Hey all,

well, I havent play warhammer for a while so the whole 8th edition is new for me. But next week I play my first battle again! almost 13/14months ago (I know its a shame). I just made a list and I want some feedback on it. mayby some things that arent right in 8th edition or some tactical changes.

here is my list

Lord: (450pnt)
==================================
Slann mage priest 275 punten
Three Disciplines of the Ancients (+100pnt)
-Focus of mystery
-The focused Rumination
-Soul of stone
Magic Items:
-Divine plague of protection (+30pnt)
-Cupped hands of the old ones (+45pnt)
Totaal 450punten
================================================== =======
I want to weaker my opponent with some magic and I think a slann will do that. I prefer it alone instead in a tempel guard tank division. That's why I take Divine plague of protection for the 2+ward agains range attacks. I dont want to have my slann close to anny combat. I took cupped hands of the old ones couse the miscast is a hard one. If I can give it to my opponents it usaly cost him a mage becouse I can reroll my miscast table with the disciplines. I think the rest will speak for it self.

Hero's:
Hero's (280pnt)
============================
Saurus scar-veteran (+85pnt)
light armour (+5pnt)
Magic items:
-Enchanted shield (15pnt)
-Sword of the horned (+25pnt)
-Venom of the fire fly frog (+10pnt)
Totaal: 140 punten
============================
Saurus scar-veteran (+85pnt)
light armour (+5pnt)
Magic items:
- The maiming shield (+30pnt)
- sword of battle (+20pnt)
totaal: 140pnt
=============================
I got 2 close combat saurus wariors. 1 with 6 attacks and the onther one with 4asf poisoned attacks. I think they will be hitting hard in the combat both are in my units of saurus warriors with spears.
================================================== ======

Core units: (916pnt)
24 Saurus warriors (11pnt each)
Spear (+1pnt each)
Full command (+30)
Totaal: 318pnt
24 Saurus warriors (11pnt each)
Spear (+1pnt each)
Full command (+30)
Totaal: 318pnt
10 skink skirmizers
totaal 70 pnt
10 skink skirmizers
totaal 70 pnt
10 skink skirmizers
totaal 70 pnt
10 skink skirmizers
totaal 70 pnt
well the saurus warriors are for cleaning up the mess after my magic phase. every unit should have reseaved some dmg and my saurus warriors are able to wipe out a unit at time. My skinks are for slow down the enemy They must try to stop them from march, hold down fast cavalary, and block shooting at my saurus wariors. mayby inflict some little dmg with the blowpipe. they are realy mobile so I like them. mayby they even can get a warmachine crew down.

Special units
==========================
Stegadon
totaal 235pnt
8 skink chameleon (12pnt)
totaal 120pnt
I wanna try the stegadon dont know how it will work out since they have the thunderstomp attack. I know in the 7th that they could not get a 4rank unit down easy but I want to see what they do now. I also can assist a unit of saurus warriors that's not a big problem. also the giant bow will inflict some little dmg so units will loze there rank bonus and i will get some advanice from it. The chameleon skinks are also a try. I tried in 7th terradons and I liked them the stone drop inflict mayby 1 or 2 wounds what cost a rank and they take out some war machines so they did what I want from it. now I wanna try chamo skinks couse I think they can do some more dmg and they are not easy to take out from shooting and the terradons are ;).

TOTAAL POINTS WHOLE ARMY 2001points

I realy want some feedback on it wanna hear other idee's also mayby some-1 have a simolar list and played it. so let me know! mayby I made some mistake with selecting my army but I dont think so.

also if you think its a good list post it becouse than I know what I am up to (dont like 300+ views and no reply's)

everybody good luck and have fun! regards Bas

tmarichards
23-01-2011, 22:17
If the Slaan is going to be on his own, he'll need the Discipline that makes him immune to non-magical attacks. He should also be your BSB. This combo means that you can throw him into monsters like hydras, and win combat by 2 if you charge.

You can never go wrong with adding 2 single salamanders into a list.

One of the scar vets should have the burning blade, this'll help massively against Hellpits and hydras.

Stegs are good, until you run into cannons- now that they hit every part of the model (including each skink crew individually... oh the stupidity) they'll get taken off fairly fast. Obviously this isn't a problem if you don't see cannons often, but it's something to be aware of.

Necronoxz
24-01-2011, 08:17
Well in my oppinion if my slann get charged I did something VERRY VERRY VERRY wrong.
so there are 2 options 1 the discipline that makes him immune to non-magical attacks or the 2+ ward save agains ranged attacks. I chose for the 2+ ward save becouse the only thing that posible hit me are range attacks and that makes another 20 points availible.

so also the bsb isnt needed I think. I also think if I charge hydras that the hydras make a would or 2/3 so I loze combat annyway ;).

The burning blade is in the list now I dits the sword of battle
--> tnx for reminding on that one.

The steggie is a try for now till I get my temple guards. Than I switch for a while so I can try the temple guards also. I running in to a bunch of cannons in my first battle next week I think so I can try what they do with a steggie hahaha.

tnx for the feedback hope for more reply's soon!!!

Necronoxz
25-01-2011, 07:18
anny-1????

Kugruk
26-01-2011, 01:10
anny-1????

Your list is illegal for 2k. You are over budgeted.

Necronoxz
26-01-2011, 08:52
Your list is illegal for 2k. You are over budgeted.

what is illegal be a little persific pls

we agre to got a marge of 10 points abouve the 2000. so if thats the problem it is already soved

Riocard
26-01-2011, 10:10
Venom of the Firefly only works with mundane weapons so no poisoned asf attacks.

I prefer running my Saurus in a Horde of 40 guys because in 8th i feel like "small" units of 20-25 get butchered too fast. I also prefer to have at least one skink mage with a scroll, not for casting just to have a cheap scroll. I would also drop a unit of skinks for at least a single sallie maybe free some points more to get a second one.

PeG
26-01-2011, 13:36
Any list including the Slann is competitive and I assume that your opponents will bring strong lists as well. The list almost completely builds on the Slann and a powerful magic phase whihc means that if you roll low for winds of magic or go up against for example empire with lots of magic defence you will be in trouble.

Empire also happens to have cannons and a single steg will be excellent target practice.

In addition keeping him out of combat might not be that easy if he is walking around. You only have three combat units whihc means that you have to trust your skinks to hold off any flyers, fast cav etc. If you face hordes such as skaven those units will most likely be playing attrition games with slaves rather fast while other rats try to reach the Slann. Being able to fly would certainly help. A large unit of tomb king or goblin archers, other skinks etc will make him take lots of ward saves.

If you plan on giving him lore of life it will help as well.

Necronoxz
27-01-2011, 08:26
@ Riocard First of all tnx for reply

I will drop venom of the firefly tnx for that missed that part

Mayby I gonna try that in my next battle to run bigger units. I always played units of 19 with a hero and they worked out as well. so if they get in big trouble everytime i go and overthink that. My biggest consern about that is it's point valuta I think a unit of 40 saurus wariors got a big sign up there head "SHOOT ME" and "USE MAGIC AGAINS ME" so they will be big time targeted! also big rear big flank what wouldn't help out that mutch.

@ PeG first of all tnx for reply

Well I think I dont get in mutch trouble with the roll on the winds of magic. a medium roll give me a total of 6. What means He got 3/4 dispell dice. In that case I can cast at least 4 spells becouse of the "FREE DICE EACH SPELL". Also I got all spells from a lore so I will have all the spells I need :)

The cannons that's something I am afraid of becouse I hear everybody "LOOK OUT FOR CANNONS" in the 7th rulings they weren't that scarry so Soon I gonna find out I think.

About the slann dont worry! In 7th rullings I played over 500 battles with a single slann and I have only 1 big lost with a massacre and that was the only battle that my slann faced a CC (and lost ofc.). So I know how to keep my slann out of trouble. on the other hand mayby the rulles are changed so mutch that it will be a little more problems this time. Than I gonna reconsider tempel guards. Another combat unit that is stubern. And my slann can keep casting :D

about the shooting agains my slann (2+ ward save) I am not that afraid. and most players that already faced a slann think they cant hit im becouse of the disipline.

I was also thinking about a skink priest but I donno if he is worth it. Also thinking of a skink hero BSB with the banner that give a unit frenzy and put that in my saurus warrior unit but again I dont know if it is worth it. The Saurus warriors are decent and I know they will do that they are sepoce to do.