PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Worlds Edge Mountains.

Gharnukk
23-01-2011, 22:10
After eleven years I have decided to take on the stubborn Dwarfs once more.
And I need some advice rather than tactics regarding my build. My biggest concern are the warmachines. I want to use three cannons and one organ gun. Which runes are suitable? I was thinking Forging, Reloading and Burning.
Can I only use a rune once?

And then I would like to use one unit of warriors with great weapons, one unit of longbeards and then one Ranger unit with crossbows. And a unit of Hammerers for my lord and a small unit of miners for support. Maybe 12-15 (Either 6x2 or 5x3). And lastly, the characters. One lord, Thane BSB, a Runesmith and then? Master engineer? Dragon slayer?

Would appreciate the help guys.

Regards Gharnukk

the_slosh
23-01-2011, 23:48
I am gently going to nudge you towards this direction; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263774

That is the "official" tactics thread for Dwarfs here and you will without a doubt find all the answers you seek there ;)

rodmillard
23-01-2011, 23:58
You can use any rune that is not a Master rune any number of times, but no two war machines can have the same combination of runes. So you could have one cannon with forging and reloading, one cannon with forging and burning, and one cannon with all three.

Your unit selection looks pretty solid. The size and formation of your miners depends on how you intend to use them on the battlefield - if they are going to be targetting war machines and/or missile troops then you can keep them small, but if you intend to use them to support your main combat blocks you really need a third rank to ensure you still have the two full ranks needed for disruption at the end of the combat.

Hero choices are as much a personal preference thing as anything else - I normally try to include a naked dragonslayer and a basic master engineer, but there are good arguments for only taking one or the other and tooling them up. Slayers are great against large monsters like the HPA or hydra, so if you aren't taking a unit of them I would err towards the dragonslayer.

Hope this helps!

Gharnukk
24-01-2011, 13:06
You can use any rune that is not a Master rune any number of times, but no two war machines can have the same combination of runes. So you could have one cannon with forging and reloading, one cannon with forging and burning, and one cannon with all three.

Your unit selection looks pretty solid. The size and formation of your miners depends on how you intend to use them on the battlefield - if they are going to be targetting war machines and/or missile troops then you can keep them small, but if you intend to use them to support your main combat blocks you really need a third rank to ensure you still have the two full ranks needed for disruption at the end of the combat.

Hero choices are as much a personal preference thing as anything else - I normally try to include a naked dragonslayer and a basic master engineer, but there are good arguments for only taking one or the other and tooling them up. Slayers are great against large monsters like the HPA or hydra, so if you aren't taking a unit of them I would err towards the dragonslayer.

Hope this helps! Thanks, that answers a lot of my questions :)

I am gently going to nudge you towards this direction; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263774

That is the "official" tactics thread for Dwarfs here and you will without a doubt find all the answers you seek there ;) I have seen this thread and it didn't answer my questions. It's a good thread for the Dwarfs as an army but not specific for my army. Thanks for the tip anyway :)

Gharnukk
25-01-2011, 20:09
Just curious, is it worth taking a Grudge thrower and replacing a cannon?
Giving me two Cannons, one Organ gun and one Grudge thrower.

shelfunit.
25-01-2011, 20:14
Bugman's should be your first stop (and last) for all Dwarf related tactics and info..

http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/

russellmoo
27-01-2011, 04:53
I take 2 cannons, a GT, and 2 Organ guns-

A Lord on sheildbearers
Runesmith w/balance
Runesmith/ 2 runes of spellbreaking
A horde of Great Weapon Longbeards
20 Thunderers
20 Hammerers

But yeah, Grudge throwers are almost essential- (they are our best way of whittling down hordes of troops)

I was going to say that 3 cannons is overdoing it, but it looks like you came to your senses.

I was taking a Master Engineer- but I haven't seen too many monsters- so I now have Runes of Forging on both cannons, so they can operate independently on the flanks-