standard 215

25 tombguard
full command
banner of the undying legion 355

25 tombguard
full command
firebanner 340

3catpults 270

should I take out he icon bearer for some scorps? or add chariots? perhaps a casket would do well?

ftayl5
24-01-2011, 05:06
... niiiice.
2 Tomb Guard units - awesome
lots of skellies for heaps of double firing poisoned attacks - cool
3 catapults - very cool EDIT: But illegal

Good list. Might wanna drop the Icon Bearer and the standard of the snads for some scorpions or something, but the banner does mesh very well with a list liek this.

A casket would be a great addition, but would have to make the list a lot more fragile so, probably not a good idea when you already have Khalida and such.

But as I said, a good list. One thing you might consider is merging the skeleton units into 2 of 30 or 1 of 40, one of 20. That way horekha's (including the free one from khalida) will have more effect.

jthdotcom
24-01-2011, 09:48
I like the list, but you need to remove the points costs fo individual items, you can only have the total unit costs due to forum rules

xXleumasXx
24-01-2011, 15:51
... niiiice.

Good list. Might wanna drop the Icon Bearer and the standard of the snads for some scorpions or something, but the banner does mesh very well with a list liek this.

dont drop the icon, usefullas hell. i fought a tomb guard unit with icon bearer, khalida and tomb prince included, it kicked my high elf ass. battle res was for herrendous for me.

Ax'ataxa
24-01-2011, 16:11
dont you have to have an icon bearer in a tk army? and are the S.S. catapults rare? (if so you can only take 2) other than that i like the list too.

xXleumasXx
24-01-2011, 16:19
dont you have to have an icon bearer in a tk army? and are the S.S. catapults rare? (if so you can only take 2) other than that i like the list too.

nice spot, they are indeed rare. you can have 4 at 300pt+ but under that you have a max of 2 XD

exodusofman
24-01-2011, 17:18

no you dont. thank ptra cuz icons are crap, yes they are rare and only 2 are allowed in less than 3k

Lordy
24-01-2011, 17:33
If i was using Khalida i would be taking 80 Skelly Archers minimum, she casts smiting every turn which can't be stopped so that's a horde of skeleton archers with volley fire 30 extra shots) a turn if they haven't moved.

You will need more priests to get the Catapults and other Archers firing, in the magic phase too, with Khalida, the Tomb Kings step up a tier, she's ace.

xXleumasXx
24-01-2011, 17:56
no you dont. thank ptra cuz icons are crap,

THEY'RE NOT CRAP!!!

Seriously, they help.

xXleumasXx
24-01-2011, 17:57
If i was using Khalida i would be taking 80 Skelly Archers minimum, she casts smiting every turn which can't be stopped so that's a horde of skeleton archers with volley fire 30 extra shots) a turn if they haven't moved.

You will need more priests to get the Catapults and other Archers firing, in the magic phase too, with Khalida, the Tomb Kings step up a tier, she's ace.

her poisin is just annoying XD its soooooo damnnn good.

Maoriboy007
24-01-2011, 18:38
THEY'RE NOT CRAP!!!

Seriously, they help.

Icon bearers are amongst the worst character choices in the game. The only saving grace is that they do count as a BSB,but outside of that they are barely better than a tomb guard champion.

As an aside Khalida is probably the most viable option TKs have now. Probably my favourite special character in the game in terms of balance and design.

metalloveman
24-01-2011, 23:43
So I will remove the icon bearer and my illegal third catapult that gives me 230 points to spare. I was thinking adding a casket to enhance the firepower as well as the magic then squeeze a scorp in. or should I add a third lich to keep my SSC firing? Thoughts?

ftayl5
25-01-2011, 06:27
Icon bearers are amongst the worst character choices in the game. The only saving grace is that they do count as a BSB,but outside of that they are barely better than a tomb guard champion.

Actually, compared to characters in other armies, he's quite good. It's when you compare him to our other options that he becomes more of a waste of points.

Maglok
25-01-2011, 07:46
Two tomb guard units are actually not very good in this list. They don't shoot. You pay hefty premium for the power to shoot, use it. :)

I would also suggest merging 2 of the archer units so you get a 40 horde, much better when they do reach you.

Maybe a tomb scorpion?

And yeah 3 SSCs cant be done. :)

ftayl5
25-01-2011, 08:36
Two tomb guard units are actually not very good in this list. They don't shoot. You pay hefty premium for the power to shoot, use it. :)

I would agree.

siero
25-01-2011, 17:08
What do you think of about 16 skelly unit, deployed as a line (1 model at front ) to be a good sponge?

Enigmatik1
25-01-2011, 20:12
What do you think of about 16 skelly unit, deployed as a line (1 model at front ) to be a good sponge?

Never, ever make the mistake of thinking skeletons are good for anything other than shooting. The can't take damage. They can't deal damage. They are just there until destroyed (and they destroy easily).

A unit of 16 skeletal archers is decent for shots though, especially in a Khalida list. Just don't expect them to be of any use in any other capacity.

siero
25-01-2011, 23:07
I asked about making a line of them having one model at front (think of it like it had 16 ranks). This way only 3 enemy models can attack us, this can be useful sometimes.

exodusofman
26-01-2011, 02:00
actually 6 models would be bale to. If models dont kill you combat res will

siero
26-01-2011, 08:14
6 models? How? I'm fairly sure only 3 models can attack, + supporting attacks.
And I'm not saying we would stop Chosen with this setup, but smaller regiment may be an option.

Maglok
26-01-2011, 08:32
Lining up like that gives you other problems. No rank bonusses, easier to get charged by more stuff, more difficult to maneavure, etc.

I tend to field my archers in 2 lines, then reform when they are about to get charged. This way I get the most out of my shooting and they make a decent tarpit. That said, they will still die very, very, quickly.

siero
26-01-2011, 13:14
Rank bonuses give only +3 cr. That is next to nothing. Forming a line, and thus minimizing attacks can save You a unit.

exodusofman
26-01-2011, 21:09
+3 CR is huge idk what your talking about. and the 6 i get from is assuming that your facing single attack enemies on 20mm bases you get 3 from the front and 3 from the back therefore 6 attacks. Things like sword masters or monsterous infantry will ruin this unit in a single round. Your hurting yourself by having a frontage of 1 not your opponent.