PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC for tournament

Morkash
24-01-2011, 11:03
Hey guys,

in a few months I will play in a tournament for the first time. The rules are not final yet, so far we only know it is 2500 points, other restrictions will follow.

This is the list I currently have in mind:

1 Lord: 395 Pts. 15.8%
2 Heroes: 451 Pts. 18.0%
5 Core Units: 693 Pts. 27.7%
1 Special Unit: 534 Pts. 21.3%
2 Rare Units: 365 Pts. 14.6%

Sorcerer Lord, lvl4, Lore of Shadows, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling Roar, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar - 395 Pts.

Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle on Chaos Steed, lvl2, Lore of Nurgle
Stream of Corruption, Opal Amulet, Infernal Puppet, - 226 Pts.

Exalted BSB of Nurgle, Soporifik Musk, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield - 225 Pts.

17 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch with HW/Shields, FC, Blasted Std. - 362 Pts.
40 Chaos Marauders of Khorne with Great Weapons, FC - 250 Pts.
5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails, M - 81 Pts.
5 Chaos Warhounds - 30 Pts.

21 Chosen of Nurgle, Halberds, FC, Favour of Nurgle, Wailing Banner - 534 Pts.

Hellcannon - 205 Pts.
Chaos Warshrine of Nurgle - 160 Pts.

Total: 2498

Chosen, BSB and Shrine have the MoN because I have the models. (Chosen of Tzeentch displayed by Pestigors is a bit awkward, same for a marked BSB with a huge Nurgle Standard)
Sorclord goes with the Warriors, BSB either in the Warriors or the Chosen. Nurgle Sorc goes with the Horsemen, the Stream could be a nasty surprise. :)

If the restrictions allow SCs, the Nurgle Sorc could be swapped for Festus, to maximize the Chance for -D3 Toughness/Curse of the Leper combo.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

reddevil18
25-01-2011, 21:06
Just wondering if special heros are allowed and if so ill share my list with you.

Morkash
25-01-2011, 21:34
I'd like that! :) We will know in a few days I guess.

thesheriff
28-01-2011, 17:57
Sorcerer Lord, lvl4, Lore of Shadows, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling Roar, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar - 395 Pts.
I would always give him a ward over a Regen. even if its only 5++.

Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle on Chaos Steed, lvl2, Lore of Nurgle
Stream of Corruption, Opal Amulet, Infernal Puppet, - 226 Pts.
Unique. Depends on the sort of success you have with him.

Exalted BSB of Nurgle, Soporifik Musk, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield - 225 Pts.
Make him Tzeentch for 3++

17 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch with HW/Shields, FC, Blasted Std. - 362 Pts.
Good. Not sure if you would want these as chosen, and the Nurgle ones as normal warriors (if you roll No.12, 3++ is handy)

40 Chaos Marauders of Khorne with Great Weapons, FC - 250 Pts.
More of these :p

5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails, M - 81 Pts.
Are they any good? I would give them throwing axes over flails.

Good

21 Chosen of Nurgle, Halberds, FC, Favour of Nurgle, Wailing Banner - 534 Pts.
VERY Expensive for a unit which only has a 4+ and will atract sooo much firepower its not even funny.

Hellcannon - 205 Pts.
Good

Chaos Warshrine of Nurgle - 160 Pts.
Make Tzeentch for ward save +1 (recurring theme)

Total: 2498

Chosen, BSB and Shrine have the MoN because I have the models. (Chosen of Tzeentch displayed by Pestigors is a bit awkward, same for a marked BSB with a huge Nurgle Standard)
O.k. Be inclined to ignore what i just said :p. If thats your models. Lots of finetuning on WoC comes in with the marks....

Sorclord goes with the Warriors, BSB either in the Warriors or the Chosen. Nurgle Sorc goes with the Horsemen, the Stream could be a nasty surprise. :)
Intresting Sorc. idea. But i would make him a death wizard for reduce T personally...

If the restrictions allow SCs, the Nurgle Sorc could be swapped for Festus, to maximize the Chance for -D3 Toughness/Curse of the Leper combo.
Recently learnd you cant do this. See my old army list thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289799), post 12#. (was very upset when i heard about this :cries:)

thesheriff