PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Packmaster!

Karolinen
24-01-2011, 16:32
One easy:

how do you set up and move a unit of ratogres and the packmaster?
The ogres in the front rank and the master in the 2nd rank?

larabic
24-01-2011, 17:10
Depends how many models but if you have like six ogres and 5 handelers you want the 6 rat ogres in front 2 ranks 3 wide and the pack masters behind, the packmasters wont be able to attack but all 6 ogres would be able to.

Like so:

[] [] []
[] [] []

kaffis
24-01-2011, 18:21
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]

Would be a little clearer, as the ogres are on bases twice the dimensions of the packmasters, right?

Karolinen
24-01-2011, 18:24
If I got it right:

[][]

I have 2 ratogres and 1 packmaster. In this case he can use his attacks.

jaxom
24-01-2011, 19:05
That is correct as long as it is a regular packmaster. If you upgrade to a Master Moulder it becomes a unit champion and that means it would have to go to the front rank.

[][][][]m

hashrat
24-01-2011, 19:38
Glad I saw this thread :) I would have stuck the master in the back.

What about illegal formations though? Don't they have to go 3*3 as they can?

Dante blackfur
24-01-2011, 19:41
Glad I saw this thread :) I would have stuck the master in the back.

What about illegal formations though? Don't they have to go 3*3 as they can?

according to the BRB, same as if a Char base doesn't fit with the unit they are placed next to the unit, even if it would cause the formation to be odd.

Tregar
24-01-2011, 20:44
In a unit of Rat Ogres, one Master Moulder and one Packmaster I would tend to place the Packmaster directly behind the Master Moulder, just to make the unit nice and square. And you can of course still make the supporting attack...

jaxom
24-01-2011, 20:55
I tend to agree with Tregar on the basis of nice ranking but I'm not so sure that it's correct. I tend to think of that particular unit as having a character with the wrong footprint. Otherwise it gets silly if you get into the regime of 5 Ogres, 1 Master-Bred, 1 Master Moulder and 3 Packmasters...

OOOOMMm
OOOOMM*
OOOOOO*
OOOOOO*

or

OOOOMMm
OOOOMM*
OOOOOO
OOOOOO

Tregar
24-01-2011, 21:26
I think this is the kind of thing where you can and should do it however you like, and it's not worth drawing that many diagrams over ;)