PDA

View Full Version : Another army of Saphery vs. Beastmen at 5000 pts.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
25-01-2011, 06:59
Hi all,

My fight with the lizardmen has been postponed till probably next month but I've got another challanger in the form of Beastmen!!! He wants to play a 5000 pts. game so I wanted to run my main Saphery army against him. This is what I came up with:

High Elf Army of Saphery 5000 pts.

Lords:

Prince: 298 pts.
Equipment: Hand weapon, great weapon, dragon armor, shield, & barded elven steed
Magic Items: Radiant Gem of Hoeth (Lore of Beasts), Reaver Bow, & Jewel of Dusk

4th Lvl. Archmage: 384 pts. (Lore of Death)
Equipment: Hand weapon & Barded Elven steed
Magic Items: Talisman of Endurance, Seerstaff of Saphery, Ruby Ring of Ruin, & Sword of Might

4th Lvl. Archmage: 360 pts. (Lore of Shadow)
Magic Items: Magic Items: Folariath’s Robe, Talisman of Preservation, & Silver Wand
Sub-total:

Lords Total: 1042 pts.

Heroes:

Noble Army Standard Bearer: 168 pts.
Equipment: Hand weapon & great weapon
Magic Items: Armor of Caledor & Guardian Phoenix

Noble: 205 pts.
Equipment: Hand weapon, lance, dragon armor, & longbow
Magic Items: Ring of Fury & Enchanted shield
Mount: Great Eagle

2nd Lvl. Mage: 185 pts. (High Magic)
Magic Items: Annulian Crystal & Talisman of Protection

Heroes Total: 558 pts.

Core:

Archer Regiment: 270 pts.
20 Archers with full command armed with hand weapons, longbows, & light armor.
Standard Bearer equipped with Banner of Eternal Flame.

2x Archer Detachments: 115 pts. per detachment (230 pts. total)
9 Archers & musician armed with hand weapons & longbows.

3x Spearmen Regiments: 250 pts. per regiment (750 pts. total)
25 spearmen with full command armed with hand weapons, spears, & shields.

Core Total: 1250 pts.

Special:

Sword Masters of Hoeth Regiment: 385 pts. pts.
20 Sword Masters with full command armed with hand weapons, heavy armor, & great weapons. Blademaster equipped with Ironcurse Icon & standard bearer equipped with Banner of Sorcery.

Sword Masters of Hoeth Regiment: 385 pts.
20 Sword Masters with full command armed with hand weapons, heavy armor, & great weapons. Blademaster equipped with Talisman of Loec & standard bearer equipped with Razor Standard.

Sword Masters Detachment: 255 pts.
14 Sword Masters with full command armed with hand weapons, heavy armor, & great weapons.
Standard bearer equipped with Banner of Ellryion.

Sword Masters Detachment: 255 pts.
14 Sword Masters with full command armed with hand weapons, heavy armor, & great weapons. Standard bearer equipped with Banner of Swiftness.

Silver Helms Cavalry: 270 pts. pts.
10 Silver Helms with full command armed with hand weapons, heavy armor, lances, barded elven steeds, & shields.

Special Total: 1550 pts.

Rare:
3x Repeater Bolt Throwers: 300 pts.
6x Great Eagles: 300 pts.

Rare Total: 600 pts.

Total: 5000 pts.

I plan to either play a refused flank formation (either left or right) in 2 "T" formations with the army pivoting of the center units to hopefully hit the opposing units with some flank charges with the Main Archer Regiments & RBTs firing off (hopefully from high ground) to support the advance.

So the setup would be something like this:

SM = Sword Masters
SD = Sword Masters Detachment
SP = Spearmen
AC = Archers
AD = Archer Detachment
SH = Silver Helms
GE = Great Eagles
RBT = Repeater Bolt Throwers
EH = Eagle Hero

Refused Right Flank example:

GE GE GE.....SP...SM...SP...AD...SD...SP...SD...AD
GE GE GE........... SH......................SM.................AC
....EH
.......................RBT.........RBT............ ..RBT

The mounted Prince & Archmage will join the Silver Helms as a character bus delivery system / Counter Charge unit while the BSB & 2nd Lvl. Mage will each join a large SM regiment. The Prince will cast the Lore of Beasts signature spell to hopefully draw out some dispels while the 4th Lvl. Mage will character snipe and debuff/damage with Death Spells while providing extra Power Dice during the magic phase.

The 2nd Lvl. will have Shield of Saphery and hopefully a damage type spell or curse of arrow attraction to help with the advance and bolster the SM unit he's in.

The Immortal Mage (casting from the flank with debuffs & damage spells), great eagles, & Eagle mounted hero will be used as distractions to hopefully draw his units out into making positioning mistakes.

Is there anyway I can make this list better without breaking the theme? As always C&CC is welcomed as well as any tactical advice that can be used against the opposing army.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
27-01-2011, 03:48
So I guess I got it right the first time? :)