PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Skaven 2k - First 8th Ed List, Assistance is gratefully appreciated

spikedog
26-01-2011, 07:28
Hi all,

Just throwing some ideas around regarding my first list in 8th Edition, I have played a couple of practice games of 8th using loan armies but none with my own figures so this is a list I was thinking about taking with my own army, please let me know what you think and if I have made any stupid errors:

----------
Lords - 20.8%
----------

Warlord
Warlitter, Warlock Weapon, Shield, Warpstone Armour, Dawnstone

(This guy obviously goes in the Stormvermin and is designed to just kick out some more attacks as well as punish any unit champions or weaker characters that challenge with his Warpstone Armour)

Warlord
Bonebreaker, Shield, Obsidian Amulet

(This guy obviously goes in the Rat Ogre unit and is there again to bring some extra attacks as well as try and prevent too much magic pain)

----------
Heroes - 3.6%
----------

Chieftain
Battle Standard Bearer, Shield

(Cheap and cheerful, this guy goes where he is needed but probably most of the time will end up in the Stormvermin to give that awesome leadership bubble in the centre of the line)

----------
Core - 53.2%
----------

46 x Stormvermin
Shields, Musician, Standard, Champion, Under Empire Banner, Warpfire Thrower

(I know it may not be the most effective unit but it looks so bad-ass and with the Warlord should be able to crank out a fair bit of hurt)

30 x Clanrats
Shields, Musician, Standard, Champion

(To go on one flank)

30 x Clanrats
Shields, Musician, Standard, Champion

(To go on the other flank)

30 x Giant Rats + 6 Packmasters

(To go on the side without the Ratogres)

30 x Skaven Slaves
Musician

(Goes between the Stormvermin and Clanrats)

30 x Skaven Slaves
Musician

(Goes between the Stormvermin and Clanrats)

----------
Special - 22.3%
----------

5 x Rat Ogres + 3 Packmasters

(This is the other Warlords bunker, just point it at something hard and hope it smashes them)

5 x Jezzails
Sharpshooter

(Here to take out knights, loan wizards or other annoying things)

5 x Jezzails
Sharpshooter

(Here to take out knights, loan wizards or other annoying things)

----------
Total Points - 1991
Total Figures - 263
Total Units - 12
----------

Battle Line:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/spikedog_woof/Warhammer/Army%20List%20Images/Moulderline.jpg