PDA

View Full Version : The Sigmarite Army of Leopold Mannenheim

SchultzChaos
26-01-2011, 10:55
Hello, and greetings!

I'm trying to build up an army list from my Empire-collection so that I can finally find some motivation to paint it up, and stuck with the idea of a pious Arch-Lector, marching through town to town and gathering an army for a Holy Crusade; and this is two lists that stuck on the paper.

List 1
Wizard Lord, level 4, seal of destruction - 255pts
Arch Lector, van Horstmann's Speculum, sword of power, heavy armour, shield -204pts

Warrior Priest, gw, barded horse, dawn armour - 143pts
Warrior Priest, enchanted shield, heavy armour - 104pts
Captain, Bsb, AoMI - 100pts
Captain, Sword of Sigismund, Full plate, pistol - 109pts

25 Swordsmen, csm - 175pts
39 Halberds, csm - 220pts
20 Handgunners - 160pts
49 Free Company Fighters, csm - 265pts
12 Archers - 96pts
9 Knights, great weapons, csm - 247pts
20 Flagellants - 200pts

18 Greatswords, csm - 210pts
5 Pistoliers, muscian - 97pts
Mortar - 75pts
Cannon - 100pts

Helblaster – 110pts

2499pts

List 2
Wizard Lord, level 4, seal of destruction - 255pts
Arch Lector, van Horstmann's Speculum, sword of power, heavy armour, shield -204pts

Warrior Priest, gw, barded horse, dawn armour - 143pts
Warrior Priest, enchanted shield, heavy armour - 104pts
Captain, Bsb, AoMI - 100pts
Captain, Sword of Sigismund, Full plate, pistol - 109pts

25 Swordsmen, csm - 175pts ----- detachment of 10 Free Company Fighters, and 12 Archers - 146pts
40 Halberds, csm - 220pts ---- detachment of 20 Free Company Fighters x2 - 200pts
20 Handgunners - 160pts
9 Knights, great weapons, csm - 247pts
20 Flagellants - 200pts

18 Greatswords, csm - 210pts
5 Pistoliers, muscian - 97pts
Mortar - 75pts
Cannon - 100pts

Helblaster – 110pts

2489pts

Which list is the better of the two?

The idea is to bunker the wizard in the swordsmen unit, and the archlector and bsb will lead the halberds. The ASF Captain with a Warrior Priest will go with the Greatswords and the mounted Warrior Priest will support the GWs with his knights.

Schultz

SchultzChaos
27-01-2011, 11:07
Please comment guys! Pretty please with sugar on top? :<

gorbad
27-01-2011, 15:49
i hate empire:mad:

Slayerthane
27-01-2011, 16:09
Make some of those units into detachments for other units. I would make the handgunners and free company as detachments for the Halberdiers and Swordsmen. I would try and bump the knights up to 11. It looks like you plan to throw a warrior priest in there for the re-rolls to hit, so that's good.

I would probably drop the archers and use the points to beef up the great swords. The problem with great swords is that I fear they will take alot of casualties having only toughness 3 and a 4+ save. 18 win probably only last a couple rounds of combat....I would try to go for at least 25.

Otherwise, I think it looks ok.

Jind_Singh
27-01-2011, 17:39
I liked list 2 more than 1 - just for the presence of detachments and a mounted Warrior priest (he's key when using Knights)

The 40 Halberdiers - they just need one of those 20 strong detachments, not two.

When a detachment counter charges they have done their work already - broken enemy ranks, given you +1 for flanking, and I think also another +1 for charging (or countercharging in this case) and they may, or may not do some wounds.

But they take punches like drunk retired boxers WAY past their prime - they fall so easily - so by having two units WORKS AGAINST YOU as you'll give away combat res

Attach the 2nd unit of 20 to the Greatswords - the GS don't have the numbers to sustain long-term fights so the detachment will really boost their combat effectiveness

I would also drop the spare captain - he's a points sink - and replace him with either a unit of Outriders or crossbows or a warmachine - in this case Outriders as you already have one of each warmachine - but the Outriders are fast cav so they get vangaurd at start of game, they move forwards a bit, not too much, just so they can shoot their amazing guns in turn 1 - with a 24" range their drawback in 7th was unless the enemy moved first in turn 1, you would miss a turn of shooting - now with vangaurd these boys can get stuck in! A nice thing about them - their champ can take a pistol - why would I sacrifce the long range firepower of another long-rifle for a pistol?

Because when an enemy charges them and they stand and shoot, the outriders wait for their shortest range weapon (in this case pistols) to be in range before standing and shooting - so now you're hitting on 5's and not 6's when being charged! Makes the world of difference, trust me, when those suckers are charged!

oldschoolmonk
28-01-2011, 19:09
Its a Sigmarite army on crusade, so start dropping all those little units and squish them together into big mobs. Form into giant hordes to burn those witches (and stay alive in combat forever with steadfast). Big mobs look simpler than organized battle lines of little units, and it makes sense for gameplay as well.

I'd think you should max out your detachments whenever possible, especially the 20 handgunners (who will gain a round of shooting). The 20 Free Company make good hanger-ons for the main unit of Halberdiers (especially if they think they will be protected by being so close to a warrior priest!). The swordsmen work, but aren't going to kill much of anything with or without support.

The second captain is a waste. Make him a warrior priest or drop him, and dropping him would be better. The other Captain needs a horsey, so he can have a better rerollable save and stay alive longer. His AoMI goes to WP#2 to keep him alive (they are huge targets, and get to use a Great Weapon this way).

By this time you've probably saved a few points. This is a good time to buy 10 man units of free company to act as charge redirectors and general fodder. Every good crusade needs crazy religious hooligans to throw to the wolves (or trolls). From here I'd look to either pick up another Knight unit, more warmachines, or maybe a War Altar, depending on your preferences.