PDA

View Full Version : Daemon armies 2500 similar base

Gramolarian
26-01-2011, 11:30
ok so Im participating a tournament even of 2500 pts WHFB
army of my choise would be Daemons Of Chaos
these supposed to be "nice" all-arounders trying to avoid the basic lack of units or super units and also bring army "back-to-basics"

Both armies has same general and same heralds (since these are the mandatory units I want) Unit compositions varies in both lists. Now Im asking which one do you guys think is more solid in tournament games. or would either one be valid for tournaments.

# List 1 #
BloodThirster
Dark Insanity
Immortal Fury
Armor of Khorne
545 pts

HoT
MoS
Spell Breaker
165 pts

HoN
Staff of Nurgle
BsB - Std of Sundering
240 pts

35 Horrors
Full Command
450 pts

35 Plaguebearers
Full Command
Seeping Decay
475 pts

3 scraemers
90 pts

3 scraemers
90 pts

2 Fiends of Slaanesh
110 pts

2 Fiends of Slaanesh
110 pts

6 Flamers
pyromancer
225 pts

2500 PTS

# List 2 #

BloodThirster
Dark Insanity
Immortal Fury
Armor of Khorne
545 pts

HoT
MoS
Spell Breaker
165 pts

HoN
Staff of Nurgle
BsB - Std of Sundering
240 pts

24 Horrors
Full Command
318 pts

24 Plaguebearers
Full Command
Seeping Decay
343 pts

5 scraemers
150 pts

10 Flesh Hounds
350 pts

3 Flamers
105 pts

3 Flamers
105 pts

3 Fiends of Slaanesh
165 pts

2486 PTS

thesheriff
26-01-2011, 13:15
First list, but swap the Plaguebearer size to list 2 (24 strong) and maybe the screamers for lots of flames.

Don't take sundering. The -2 is usually negate by evereyone having a lv.4 is they can more or less

Um, dark insanity?. Ok, bit weird. Perhaps the more tried, tested and generally better combo of Obsidian armour, Immortal fury and (depending on the amount of dragon armour) either Axe of Khorne, Firestorm blade or Spellbreaker?

thesheriff

Gramolarian
26-01-2011, 13:36
thanks sheriff I was a bit dubious about the sundering myself too prehaps this confirms me to take it off. Dark Insanity is something that I wont change off =) I like my thirster to be "weirdball". Plaguebearers are worse now than they were in last edition and thats why I took big unit so that they could last a bit longer ... everyone has flamable attacks nowdays so regen aint much good exept against missilefire. but prehaps I take it down a notch and prep something fast for it

jrbercier86
29-01-2011, 20:22
I use to think dark insanity was ok, until I read that the maximum attacks you can have is 10. Which makes sense cause the maximum for any stat is 10.

thesheriff
29-01-2011, 21:19
Dark insanity is a bit sketchy, just 'cus you don't want your 500pt investment going down the drain.

Also, 7 attacks re-rolling comes out teh same as 10 attacks (thats if you get maximum). And if you don't, its a loss.

All this for 50pts cheaper :p

thesheriff

Bazzal
30-01-2011, 11:31
i like the first list only thing id suggest is try ande add a single horror to the unit so least for 1 turn u'll have a lv4 for dispelling attempts.

sundering is ok i still run it but it has def lost its impact. im still a huge fan of staff of nurgle tho i did try the noxious vapours and breath atk combo the other day it works quite well specialy if on palinquin so any characters in oposing unit striking last even after plague bearers only othe dif is i run the eternal virulence banner for double combat res on posioned atks

everythin else seems ok but if u want to save points pos change screamers into furies for war machine huntin and Int4 isnt too bad for them but depends on wether uv had better luck with screamers than i have lol

RMacDeezy
30-01-2011, 11:42
don't know if it has any bearing on your decisions but dark insanity was FAQ'ed to allow more than 10 attacks.