PDA

View Full Version : Chosen weaponry

streetsamurai
26-01-2011, 14:29
Hi

I'm currently building a saquad of chosen and wondering whar would be the best weaponry

Plasma gun , melta gun or a mix of both

also

what would be the best heavy weapon choice.

Thinking currently of going with

1 lascannon and 4 plasma gun,

Lord Inquisitor
26-01-2011, 14:36
Personally I run mine 4x melta and a powerfist champion. But my list has a horrible lack of anti-tank otherwise. Ultimately Chosen are a great swiss army knife of a unit, but they need to fill a gap in your list that isn't filled with something else. 4x plasma and a lascannon is a great anti-MEQ ranged unit... but are they really going to be sitting around outside a transport shooting while stationary? I would think they'd be sitting ducks. If they're going in a transport, why the lascannon?

Personally, I'd go for spamming melta, flamer or plasma depending on what you want from them. Heh, a 5x flamer unit could really make a mess of large guard or nid blobs.

Erwos
26-01-2011, 15:06
Well, given how standing around on foot as a marine is basically a death sentence, I'm assuming these guys are in a Rhino. I'm also assuming this is an all-comers list.

In that case, you want to go 2x melta 2x plasma (possibly 2x flamer, but your choice). You can only shoot two guns out of a Rhino at a time, so there's no point in more than two of any special weapon.

AlphariusOmegon20
26-01-2011, 17:00
I usually go 3 melta, 2 flamer myself (One of the melta's is on the Champ himself.)

That third Melta is insurance that something armored dies when I shoot it.

Dragoon King
26-01-2011, 17:05
I almost always run a 10 man squad with 4 PG and an Autocannon, infiltrating every time. Busts light armor early, and makes the enemy think twice about coming too close to all that Plasma goodness. Also working on a 8 man squad with 4 Power Fists and IoK. Mounted in LR with a powerful termie leader (Abby sometimes, Typhus now and again, sometimes a Lord). Expensive, but with 12 str.8 attacks on the charge (minus said head honcho) fun and deadly. Might just run them by themselves in the LR too.

Chimaera2000
26-01-2011, 17:23
I've enjoyed the five plasma guns load-out for being the scourge of Monstrous Creatures everywhere. I do like the sound of Dragon King's configuration, though, swapping one for an autocannon; the heavy weapon takes great advantage of their Infiltration ability!

A missile launcher would likewise work well with four Plasma Guns. The Missile Launcher has the advantage of additional effectiveness against Monstrous Creatures, MEQ's out of cover and T4 infantry with Feel No Pain. The autocannon would of course be a better choice against light vehicles and light infantry.

NowScreamForIt
26-01-2011, 19:09
Ill be a 3rd on the all plasma guns and autocannon load out..its a solid choice..great anti light armor.

MarshalFaust
26-01-2011, 19:44
it really depends on what niche you need it to fill in your army, 4 melta or 4 plasma are both good choices. my army has a lot of melta scattered around in other places and i needed something that can dea with carnifexes and mawlocs so it was a no brainer to take the plasma. they do really well for me, they are very good a taking out monstrous creatures, whole tactical squads, light vehicles or rear armor of anything but landraiders.

TheMav80
26-01-2011, 20:32
Rhino with a hacok launcher and 3 meltas in a five man squad. Maybe a flamer if you want.

camulus316
26-01-2011, 21:49
Personally, I have alot of success running three Chosen squads in Rhinos. It would be 5 flamers, 5 meltaguns and 5 plasma guns. I'd outflank them all and, since you have 2/3 chance of getting them on the side you need them, have them pick out a prime target and wipe it off the board. Granted, if prime target is next to something with a good counter attack, they're all dead, but it is what it is :)