PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 2,000 points

Dexter099
26-01-2011, 20:29
Heroes:

Sorceror of Chaos: MoT, Level 2, Infernal Puppet, Scroll of Shielding. 190 pts.

Exalted Champion: MoT, Battle Standard Bearer, Banner of the Gods. 270 pts.

Core:

24 Warriors of Chaos: MoS, shields, full command. 424 points.

40 Marauders of Chaos: MoS, shields, light armor, full command. 270 pts.

5 Marauder Horsemen: MoS, light armor, flails, throwing spears. 101 pts.

5 Warhounds. 30 pts.

5 Warhounds. 30 pts.

Special:

14 Chosen: MoT, shields, great weapons, Full Command w/ Favour of the Gods and the Banner of Rage. 404 pts.

5 Ogres: MoT, great weapons, chaos armor, musician. 280 pts.

Total: 1999 pts.

Are the Ogres and BSB worth it?

Jind_Singh
26-01-2011, 22:43
Not bad - but lacks punch! I'd personally go MoK on the Chosen - just to help munch through units - MoT gives them what? A 6+ ward? Not worth it!

With will of Chaos AND a BSB you can also save points by dropping a bunch of MoS if you wanted to free up points.

Your block of Warriors - now there's something that needs mark of Tzeentch!

Again with the Ogres I'd go big - MoK them to get the extra attack - savage!

BSB would be totally worth it - adds another break point to the army for Blood and Glory AND will keep your army combat effective

Dexter099
26-01-2011, 23:02
I'm just making this abrupt change to 8th; what size should a typical unit of warriors be? I have 15 Tzeentch Warriors with Halberds and Shields.

As far as the Ogres go, I don't think losing control of them is worth an additional 3-4 attacks. I'd rather keep the 6+ ward. However, is it worth giving the Ogres additional hand weapons?

Or are Trolls better than Ogres?

Dexter099
27-01-2011, 19:34
Any other comments? I could really use some guidance in terms of 8th edition.

Dexter099
28-01-2011, 02:55
Updated:

Heroes:

Sorceror of Chaos: MoT, Level 2, Infernal Puppet, Scroll of Shielding. 190 pts.

Exalted Champion: MoT, Battle Standard Bearer, Banner of the Gods. 270 pts.

Core:

18 Warriors of Chaos: MoS, shields, full command. 328 points.

40 Marauders of Chaos: MoS, shields, light armor, full command. 270 pts.

5 Marauder Horsemen: MoS, light armor, flails, throwing spears. 101 pts.

5 Warhounds. 30 pts.

5 Warhounds. 30 pts.

Special:

14 Chosen: MoT, shields, great weapons, Full Command w/ Favour of the Gods and the Banner of Rage. 404 pts.

7 Knights of Chaos: MoT, Full Command. 350 pts.

1973 pts.

tmarichards
28-01-2011, 03:02
Mark of Slaanesh is a bit of a waste on the marauders, go Mark of Khorne and great weapons- pts for pts, once these guys get to around 40 strong they are the best unit in the game. 50 is only a handful of points more... and don't forget, mark of khorne gives you all the benefits of mark of slaanesh- that unit would never be fleeing charges anyway- with the added benefit of an extra attack. Sure it always has to over-run, but you can use your hounds to try and block that to a certain extent.

I'm not sure about knights AND chosen- I think you'd be better off investing in one or the other. 20-30 Chosen with mark of Tzeentch, halberds, shields and the terror banner is a horrible unit to face. The reason for the terror banner is that along with the Favour of the Gods, there's a very high chance of this unit getting the double 6 roll on the eye of the gods at the start of the game. Even higher if you take a warshrine...

Try and get up to 20 warriors if possible, and take them with either Mark of Khorne and halberds (maybe shields if you have points left over) and the flaming banner (they'll carve through abombs and hydras like there's no tomorrow), or mark of Tzeentch and just shields, along with the Razor Standard, or flaming banner to help with the Watchtower scenario.

A level 4 with Heavens or Shadow is always nice, but make sure not to drop the BSB if you're looking for points.

Homefry1111
29-01-2011, 05:11
I'm pretty new to this forum and can understand that the use of characters is not allowed in tournaments? My friends and I are playing a mini tourney and we are allowing characters and was wondering if you guys would look at my army and critique it? From what I've seen I've been sorely playing my army all wrong. I've been using the almost indestructible Warriors instead of the plentiful and plentifully strong frenzied marauders with GW's. After speaking with my DE friend, he wasn't too happy that for half the point cost, all we're losing from his black guard is +1 armour and +1 str. Anyways, this is my 2k army:

Vilitch 395
Festus 185
Wulfrik 185
50 marauders GW's light armor khorne full command 350
27 marauders GW's light armor khorne full command 212
2 hell cannons 410
2 warshrines 260

The 27 marauders are with Wulfrik coming behind the stationary Magic casting enemy (We are all using magic armies), while the hell cannons are blasting away at the units that I fear the most. The warshrines and Marauders are moving up, hopefully bestowing the magic resistance bonus on the unit that is frenzied and has the 5+ regen from Festus. If need be, the hellcannons can come up and "try" to protect the flanks of the marauders but I'm not too worried about close combat considering most of my enemy models are going to be trying to stay out of it. Also, since one of the enemies are Lizardmen, Can I challenge his Slann with Wulfrik and have my marauders beat up on his Temple Guard? My buddy isn't sure I can challenge him since we aren't sure if he's a "character" but Wulfrik can "force" him to accept right? Please, any feedback is welcome... I know there are flaws but what would be a better tactic when I'm pretty sure I won't see a ton of CC, even though thats what I want. BTW, the 3 armies I'm against in the tourney are LM, DE, and WE... Thanks!