PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Tournament with DE's, tons of pics

Deathpepper
27-01-2011, 12:56
I went to another local tournament this weekend, here's the batrep. Enjoy!
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=818785#818785

SevenSins
27-01-2011, 16:36
excellent reps yet again, very enjoyable :)
Always go for the throat

giant stegadon
27-01-2011, 17:31
great batrep.

sssk
28-01-2011, 13:32
Really enjoyed these batreps. Excellent concise reporting (only telling us the key info) and let the pictures do the rest.

An excellent way to pass a Friday afternoon.....uh, I mean I'm working...hard

Deathpepper
28-01-2011, 14:11
Glad I was able to waste your workday. :P

If you like these, I've got quite a few older batreps here (scroll to the bottom for the fantasy ones):
http://pittsburghbloodbowl.forumsland.com/pittsburghbloodbowl-about152.html

TheSanityAssassin
28-01-2011, 19:50
Thanks for the reports. I agree about going for the throat though....would have been good for you in the 2nd game and for the High Elf player in your last one. I honestly think he could have made more of a mess of you after the first couple turns if he had have been more aggressive.

BTW how common are those Super Deathstars around your area? I've seen some nasty ones (heck I often run 35 Phoenix Guard with 3-4 Characters) but 40 Warriors in a horde seems crazy.

vinny t
29-01-2011, 18:08
Great couple of games, I think in your 3rd game had you focused more shooting on a swordsmaster unit it could have made a big difference, as those units tend to be very pricey, and you killing on would have netted you a lot of points.

Love the list, very tactical useage.

Trains_Get_Robbed
30-01-2011, 05:35
Awesome battle reports! I'm thinking about using this style (or just doing a vid series with some film editing software at my college's media arts center) what is the progarm you used? I would also like to point out that unlike many battle reports that people display, you actually have a bird's eye/first person high shot perspective to give scope to the battle, well done again, kudos! :)

Post Anaylsis (my opinons?!?!?! D: )

Game 1: You could have uber annihalted his maurder unit in turn 5 with your knights as they were in charge distance, and even with S.C.R you probably would have killed enough to make them test LD 7 or 8 for a turn before being wittled to only one rank. This statement above however, didn't even apply to your situation though as they were in a forest at the time, and in a forest you recieve no ranks or rank bonus ie; no steadfast. Rout them up! ;D

Game 2: Your end game comments about hordes I found can be true, but you went all about taking his horde unit out from turn 3 on wrong. Also, again had a chance to charge maurders in a forest (again, rout them up!) didn't seize the day, but were able to take them out (with your witches I believe) later regardless. However, you were never going to kill a Chaos Lord/Bsb etc.. with only 1 to 2 Knight's attacks being able to redirect, any Chaos player worth their salt is going to have at least a +4 if not +3 Ward on their charcters, just because they can, a couple S6 attacks on 4's is a no for sure. The Hydra and Hapries would have add C.R until they lost it taking wounds back, and you may have actually lost one or two of those units putting you into fourth perhaps.

So actually, the best move was staying put! XD Whatever works right?

Game 3: (I play H.E and Brets by the way) The last game was a confounded mess as you stated. Your unlucky failed stupidity rolls bit ya, and poor deployment (as you stated) didn't really help. As some posters have said, focus fire with your units on a single S.M unit would (in my opinion) been better, but not the best thing.

If from turn one, you started to trying to kill his LSG it would hav gone better; they are only two points less than S.M! O.O Perhaps you didn't know (alot of folks dont -when they find out, H.E players get sad lol). Killing that block along with getting a charge in with the Knights in the forest again (no S.C.R and Steadfast *repeat*).

Odd that the H.E player didn't sit back. Yes, Xbows are dangerous, but he had more LSG, and also had Transmutation (first turn XD) and instead of coming to you, should have been preparing to counter-strike your advance.

Great games! You are a very skilled tacticain evident in your list and more importantly, how you used your units. I find the best players bulid lists with tools to handle every and all threats like you did, responding to change and adapting like you displayed! Congrats on the third place, and putting annoying small childern where the belong, out of sight and earshot. :D

asphodel
30-01-2011, 13:16
Enjoyable batrep and fantastic performance! I don't really think you could've played the first two fights much better (forget charging that horde of marauders, I'm not sure it would've been worth it) those were really neat to read - you controlled the battlefields beautifully.

You seem to be aware of how you could've done better on the third battle. Aside from a different deployment, I think a little more aggression might have been your best friend this time. But it was your first time against HE, and this opponent was obviously skilled (at least in terms of army composition) so it strikes me as more of an excellent learning opportunity than anything.

Very well done!

Lord Dan
30-01-2011, 14:46
I'm confused, it doesn't appear the Pheonix guard were removed from the game when they got to -3T? Am I missing something?

Deathpepper
31-01-2011, 12:19
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll have to work on my anti-elf strategies a bit more.

I'm confused, it doesn't appear the Pheonix guard were removed from the game when they got to -3T? Am I missing something?
That spell just drops toughness to a minimum of 1. I don't think you can kill anything directly with a hex.

Eatery
31-01-2011, 17:04
great reports, thanks

Lord Dan
03-02-2011, 21:37
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll have to work on my anti-elf strategies a bit more.

That spell just drops toughness to a minimum of 1. I don't think you can kill anything directly with a hex.

Ah, right. I was confusing it for that Skaven spell that permanently reduces toughness.