PDA

View Full Version : First Empire game in years (2000pts)

dante76
27-01-2011, 15:27
This will be my first game in about 2 years, and obviously my first with the new rules. Had a little read through some of the threads about how the game has changed and have come up with this list:

Lords: Grand Theogonist Volkmar on War Altar 360 Pts

Heroes: Battle Wizard Lvl 1 with Luckstone 90 Pts

Battle Wizard Lvl 2 Mounted + Barded Armour of Tarnus 149 Pts

Battle Standard Bearer with Armour of Metoric Iron + Pistol 106 Pts

Core: Spearmen x 40 inc Full Command 220 Pts

Swordsmen x 20 inc Full Command 145 Pts

Handgunners x 10 inc Hochland Rifle 105 Pts

Flagellents x 20 inc Prophet of Doom 210 Pts

Special: Great Cannon 100 Pts

Great Cannon 100 Pts

Rare: Helstorm Rocket Battery 115 Pts

Steam Tank 300 Pts

2000 Pts

I used to run more knights and Karl Franz on Deathclaw, but the point change has dropped Karl and Knights are are point waste now.

I'll be fighting either High Elves or Orc / Goblins.

KimikoPT
27-01-2011, 15:46
I would take the volkmar guy as a normal Arch Lector, special characters arenīt that great anymore. And take out both wizards and get a lvl 4, with life as you have the tank.
Take out the prophet, as he is easily killed, the sniper and get 1 mortar.

dante76
28-01-2011, 09:31
Thanks.

Didn't realise that characters had dropped so much, not a bad thing though. Not to sure about 1 lvl 4 wizard, always worried that he'll explode and I'll have no anti-magic at all.

I have a mortar in the process of being built, so I think we're both in agreement there!

KimikoPT
28-01-2011, 09:47
Special characters, i donīt see many lists with them as in most of the tournaments they arenīt allowed. I would swap the spear for halberds, but itīs just my opinion.

Grandfather Nurgle
28-01-2011, 15:41
volley gun is nice to have now that engineer can remove misfire from them, if GW haven't FAQ that from the last time I read it.

thesheriff
29-01-2011, 20:05
volley gun is nice to have now that engineer can remove misfire from them, if GW haven't FAQ that from the last time I read it.

But usually hit on 6's. So even with 30 shots, thats 6 hits, 4 wounds, 3 dead. That sucks somthing else...

All magic is now 'hope not to blow-up' style. One lv.4 is infinatly better than two lv.2's. More spells (especially with life for throne+other stuff combo), more dispel bonus, more power in general.

thesheriff