PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Engagement & Scouts

WizzyWarlock
28-01-2011, 06:35
Hey there,

I'm going to be playing the Meeting Engagement scenario next week and was wondering how the deployment affects Scouts. Are they placed with the rest of the army behind the 6" line? Are they placed after deployment as usual? Are they also up for being placed in Reserve?

I'm guessing that they're placed after Deployment as usual and not placed in reserve, which would make sense to me as they're the Scouts and should be up ahead of the Army.

Just looking for an opinion before people start shouting next week. :)

FestHest
28-01-2011, 07:18
You have to roll for every unit, including scouts, and see if they are to be kept in reserve. Otherwise they are set up with the rest of the army, and they can deploy in their own deploymentzone or 12" away from an enemy unit, using the scout rule.

WizzyWarlock
28-01-2011, 17:10
Are you sure about that?

Meeting Engagement - Deployment: The player that won the roll-off must deploy their entire army first. Before deploying the army, roll a dice for each seperate unit, including each individual character and war machine. On a 1 the unit must be held back as reserves. After all units have been rolled for, those that are not reserves can be deployed in their sides deployment zone. Once the first player has deployed, his opponent does likewise.

Scouts: Scouts are set up after all other non-Scout units from both armies have been deployed.

So the way I see it, if the unit HAS to be deployed then it can be placed in reserve from the random roll. As Scouts are deployed after everything else, including the other players units, surely they're exempt from the reserves roll as they wouldn't be placed in the deployment phase anyway.

tmarichards
28-01-2011, 18:37
Read the rulebook, the scenario is very clear. Scours set up as per usual.

WizzyWarlock
29-01-2011, 07:36
Yeah, so clear I didn't even need to post this. What was I thinking? I should just read the rulebook. Thanks for your insightful input. I go away enlightened.