PDA

View Full Version : Kroxigors with skinks stomp

Necronoxz
28-01-2011, 13:59
Hi all,

Last weak I opent a treat about this and after reading the rullings over and over I want to open a discusion about this (again).

====================================
Situation:

I run a unit from x skinks and in it are 3 kroxigors

Question can my kroxigor make a stomp attack?
====================================

In last treath everybody say's no becouse they arent in base contact with the enemy.

Now I read the rullings more carefully about this so this is what the rullings say:

Great Reach: --> the special rule form krox to make the attack.
Kroxigors in mixed units can reach over a single row of skinks to join in a close combat as follows. If a kroxigor is in base contact with a skink of its own unit which in turn is in base contact with an enemy, THEN THE KROXIGOR TOO IS COUNTED AS BEING IN BASE CONTACT WITH THAT ENEMY. This means that it may attack and be attacked by that enemy model.

Stomp:
A model with this special rule can make a stomp in addition to its other close combat attacks. A stomp has the always Strikes Last special rule, and inflicts 1 automatic hit, at the model's Strength on one enemy infantry, war beasts or swarm unit in base contact with the model.

Both rulles are copied from rule books.

So as I read it right,
Stomp say's if a monsteres creature is in base contact it can make a stomp.
and Great reach say's that the kroxigor counts as in base contact when the skink in front is in Close combat.

What will mean that the kroxigor can make the stomp attack when walking in a skink unit.

I want to hear other peoples toughts about this. Am I right or not, mayby things I overlookt so please give me commend on this one.

dwarf Ironbeard
28-01-2011, 14:13
Great reach removed in FAQ.:(
No Stomp.

Necronoxz
28-01-2011, 14:22
:( didnt know....

This also means that blowpipe is a quick to fire weapon? <-- I hope so!!!!!!

where can I find the FAQ?

dwarf Ironbeard
28-01-2011, 14:26
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1610148a_FAQ_Lizardmen_V1_3.pdf

Blkc57
28-01-2011, 14:27
Blowpipe NOT quick to fire, which is weird.

N810
28-01-2011, 14:30
On the upside your Kroxigor can't ne hit untill most of the skinks are dead and the move to the front row, (then they get their stomp attacks) also they still get 3 attacks from the second row.

yep javelins quick to fire, also they have longer range in 8th,
(don't forget about their hand weapon & shield bonus in close combat)

Blowpipes are not quick to fire but they get double shot.

Necronoxz
28-01-2011, 14:43
On the upside your Kroxigor can't ne hit untill most of the skinks are dead and the move to the front row, (then they get their stomp attacks) also they still get 3 attacks from the second row.

yep javelins quick to fire, also they have longer range in 8th,
(don't forget about their hand weapon & shield bonus in close combat)

Blowpipes are not quick to fire but they get double shot.

well about the blowpipes
move -1
multi shot -1
over half range -1
usealy make 7's
so I have coise no move, or move in range (what will kill my skinks becouse they get charged) or no multishot.

ggggrrrrr they still blow....

well if they dont get the stomp attack saurus wariors cost almost the same for a unit and will get more attacks and usealy kill more in close combat. also they do have a decent save so will keep up longer in a fight.

Necronoxz
28-01-2011, 14:47
Even do I was thinking,

If They dont get the stomp rule they realy are wothless.

IF you now field them out and you want to give some serieus dmg you must field them with 4 and 4x 8 skinks. What will give you
15A from the skinks ws 2 str 3
12A from krox ws 3 str 4
If you just field out 40 skink warriors in a rank from 10 you got 30A ws 2 str3 (horde!)
that is mutch cheaper and will dmg amoung the same in combat

Tregar
28-01-2011, 14:50
And on the plus side enemies can't stomp the Skinks back, so it all evens out :)

T10
28-01-2011, 14:52
Blowpipe NOT quick to fire, which is weird.

Blowpipe Strength 3 and poisoned attack, which is weirder.

Now that stuff can always be wounded on 6+ the Blowpipe should (in my opinion) be Strength 1. Sure, it's a poisoned dart. But if the poison doesn't take effect then it's just a tiny dart.

-T10

Necronoxz
28-01-2011, 15:03
Blowpipe Strength 3 and poisoned attack, which is weirder.

Now that stuff can always be wounded on 6+ the Blowpipe should (in my opinion) be Strength 1. Sure, it's a poisoned dart. But if the poison doesn't take effect then it's just a tiny dart.

-T10

well the sling is also a str 3 its a stone trowed right?