PDA

View Full Version : Tretch Craventail

Tavendale
29-01-2011, 16:08
I'm putting together a list for a 3k match tomorrow and I'm looking at Tretch.

He is listed as having 3 attacks and I'm not sure if this includes the bonus for having two hand weapons (I'm really not sure).

So basically does he have 3 attacks or 4 attacks, not counting the tail weapon?

If anyone is able to clear this up for me, that would be great.

papabearshane
29-01-2011, 16:30
He has 3 on his profile, 4 with his extra hand weapon then you add in his tail weapon at str 3 so:

4 at str 4
1 at str 3

Tavendale
29-01-2011, 16:32
Ty for quick response. I was leaning towards it not being on the profile, after looking at the plague monks who have 2 hand weapons but only one attack on profile. But confirmation is good :)

Just to be sure, can anyone else confirm or deny?

edit: also, is he worth taking over a normal Chieftain?

Agoz
29-01-2011, 17:06
yeah, the extra hand weapon extra attack is never listed in the profile, so yes, 4 str 4 attacks, 1 str 3. As to his effectiveness, I don't know, I've never considered using him.

Ultimate Life Form
29-01-2011, 17:12
I looked at him once; if you compare stats you'll see that Tretch is basically a run off the mill Chieftain, so you pay around 100 extra points for a hefty Ward Save and the 'extra-backstabby' and 'I'm outta here' skills. You'll have to decide yourself if it's worth it.

Blkc57
29-01-2011, 20:51
I've used him in several games. He's actually quite good for his cost. Tretch is currently the only way you can get the item that all Skaven used to have in 6th that allows them to reroll one dice during the game. His "stay here, I'll get help" ability is also killer if you've managed to get units onto several flanks of a bigger more costlier unit. Basically you flank a unit with something then use his ability to jump into the flanking unit and provide it with free rerolls.

Tavendale
29-01-2011, 21:52
Basically you flank a unit with something then use his ability to jump into the flanking unit and provide it with free rerolls.

Hadn't considered that, yet it seems so obvious once you've said it.