PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves Kinda Fluffy Sethayla Kindred 2500pts C&C Please

Matt.Wood88
29-01-2011, 20:12
Hello there everybody
I have been reading through the Wood Elf tactica and it has made me want to pick up my woodies again since the start of 7th ed. Back then they were far too powerful and I won almost every game, which resulted in nobody wanting to play me
I have been thinking of running one of the two following lists, both are exactly the same really apart from the equipment on the magic users:
Highborn, great eagle, bow of Loren, arcane bodkins, armour of fortune, luckstone, shield 301pts
Spellweaver, level 4, book of ashur, lore of life 320pts
Spellsinger, level 2, dispel scroll, ironcurse icon 155pts
12 glade guard, musician, standard 162pts
10 dryads 120pts
10 dryads 120pts
4 warhawk riders 160pts
4 warhawk riders 160pts
3 treekin 195pts
3 treekin 195pts
Treeman 280pts
2492pts total

2nd List is just the same apart from:
Spellweaver, level 4, WoWE (Wand of Wych Elm), Ironcurse Icon 305pts
Spellsinger, Level 2, HoDA (Hail of Doom Arrow), Ranu's Heartsone 170pts
Comes to same total as first :)

So, what does everyone think? C&C welcome

Plan is for the warhawks and highborn on great eagle vanguard up and then march behind the enemy harassing and taking out small units or whittling down larger ones. Glade guard move and shoot lots, not staying in one place for long. The trees (men, kin and dryads) on both flanks for flank charges and the like.

In the 2nd setup of characters I decided to give the weaver the WoWE because I really only just realised the awesomeness of it lol, and gave him the ironcurse icon instead of the singer. I also gave the singer HoDA and Ranu's Heartsone, firstly to have a nasty surprise under the singers sleeve for any unit that comes too close and the Hearstone so I have a greater chance to dispel stuff, and combined with the WoWE on the weaver there is even more chance to dispel things the enemy throws at my fragile units.

Cheers
Matt

thesheriff
29-01-2011, 21:05
Looks good.

With your mage gear, Wand of Whych elm, Talsimain of Preservation for her. And dispel scroll for the lv.2.

Yoru lord is cool, but needs a ward. Consider Aramanthine broah?

I would personally trade dryads in for Eternal gaurd (along with a couple of GG, so they can have flame banner and command). Work great in watch tower mission.

Oh, and combine the kin

thesheriff

Matt.Wood88
29-01-2011, 21:19
The Highborn has a ward already, the Armour of Fortune gives a 5+ ward as well as being heavy armour. So he has a 3+ armour (with a once per game re-roll) and a 5+ ward. But thank you for saying he is cool, i love the setup personally and have an awesome conversion done up already :)
I agree, giving the weaver a ward would be a good idea, so drop all the singer's equipment (HoD and Ranu's Heartstone) for the talisman of preservation. Where then can i get the 15 points needed to buy the dispel scroll (if we are working off the second character build that is...)?

I dunno about dropping the dryads, i really like them and they will be great in either a building or forest, being stubborn and immune to the dangerous terrain tests for marching through/out of it...
Not sure about Eternal Guard though, personally dont like them all that much and dont like the metal models either.
Should i really combine the kin? i like the idea of the synergy of the list with covering both flanks, or should i just bite the bullet and then use a refused flank tactic?
But thank you very much for the comments Sheriff, has helped a lot :)

*edit* If i give the weaver the talisman then i go 21 points over my lord cap... not sure what to do about that.

How about this: If i take the armour of fortune and the luckstone off of the highborn and give him light armour and the stone of the crystal mere and give the weaver the talisman of endurance then i am 1 point under the points cap for lords, how does that sound?

New list is as updated:
Highborn, great eagle, bow of loren, arcane bodkins, stone of the crystal mere, shield, spear, light armour 294pts
Spellweaver, level 4, WoWE, Talisman of endurance, lore of life 330pts
Spellsinger, level 2, dispel scroll 155pts
12 glade guard, musician, standard 162pts x3
10 dryads 120pts x2
4 warhawk riders 160 x2
6 treekin 390pts
Treeman 285pts

2500pts total.

Dead on, seems pretty good to me.
Anything anyone else anyone would change?

Cheers
Matt

Matt.Wood88
29-01-2011, 23:22
Anyone willing to comment on it now? Anything to change/switch up?
Cheers
Matt

puckus10
30-01-2011, 00:59
Hello,
Welcome to Wood Elves again!
I like the revised list but I recommend getting eternal guard with a highborn with rhymers harp. It is a really amazing combo that works wonders. Maybe drop the dryads, six GG to switch your highborn for the rhymer harp one and 20-25 eternal guard. Sounds like a fun list though!

Matt.Wood88
30-01-2011, 08:14
Cheers, yeah, I'm not a big fan of eternal guard, and I re-heally don't want to get rid of the highborn lol, it's fluffy and I have an awesome conversion for him built up already :D
And I think now after reading over my list and coming up with a few tactics and stuff I'm happy with the overall mix of snooty and combat troops.
But thank you all for the advice!

Cheers
Matt

Grim Tuesday
30-01-2011, 10:15
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the second wizard at all, the lvl 4 is going to be using all your dice to cast her superior life spells. If you take out the singer, you could buy a BSB with asyendi's and hail of doom, and buy the flaming banner for one of your units of glade guard to help against Hydra's and the like.

I would also swap talisman of endurance for stone of rebirth, as you can now use it more than once (thanks to the newest errata).

Matt.Wood88
30-01-2011, 13:15
Tempting, I only bought the lvl 2 for treesinging and some of the other spells in the lore are quite useful, but it's tempting to do as you say, take a bsb with stuff and then take either the flaming banner or the armour piercing banner...
Although asyendi's bane would have no effect on the HoDA as it specifically states that magic bows have no effect when using it.
Cheers
Matt

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 16:22
Although asyendi's bane would have no effect on the HoDA as it specifically states that magic bows have no effect when using it.

Its not the bonus he needs its the bow. When he buys bsb, he loses the bow. So, aseyndi's is the only way to give him one.

Matt.Wood88
30-01-2011, 16:26
Yeah, i just realised that lol... Silly me.
Do you think it's a good idea to drop the level 2 for a bsb built that way and the Banner of Eternal Flame for one of the Glade Guard units?

Ok then, so the final list (I'm pretty sure at least :D) is as goes:
Highborn, great eagle, bow of loren, arcane bodkins, stone of the crystal mere, shield, spear, light armour 294pts
Spellweaver, level 4, wand of wych elm, stone of rebirth, lore of life 330pts
Noble, BSB, Aysendi's bane, HoDA, dragon helm, light armour 142pts

12 Glade guard, musician, standard, banner of eternal flame 172pts
2x 12 Glade guard, musician, standard 324pts
2x 10 Dryads 240pts
2x 4 warhawk riders 320pts
6 treekin 390pts
treeman 285pts

2497 pts total

How's it looking now?

Cheers
Matt

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 20:54
Vest version with the models I would say

Matt.Wood88
30-01-2011, 22:33
Cheers Sherriff! I'm finally truly happy with it now and I'm unwilling to change anything else lol, someone over on the tactics thread recommended getting rid of one unit of warhawks for some other stuff but I can't rightly remember ATM, but that's all water under the bridge now :D
Cheers
Matt

Jetty Smurf
10-02-2011, 03:04
I like the latest version of the list.

Good to see you stick to your guns about the dryads, and interesting to see a highborn on eagle and warhawk riders being used in 8th. :)

Have you had a chance to test out the list yet? If so, how did it go? Would you change anything for further games? Try new tactics etc.?

EDIT: Also, where would you be putting your spellweaver and bsb? Same unit? Different units but close together still?

That's a lot of questions ><

Matt.Wood88
10-02-2011, 09:08
Thank you :) the list sadly is going to be postponed for a while while I wait for and then build an army of crest goblins and savage orcs! :O
And no, I haven't played a single game lol...
Cheers
Matt

Fnords
11-02-2011, 20:43
Would be interesting to see how the Warhawk Riders do in 8ed. Please let us know once you tried them out.