PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts VC wall of T4

exodusofman
30-01-2011, 03:55
Lords
Vampire Lord
lvl.3
Dark Acolyte(for those much needed +1's)
Forbidden Lore
Wristbands of Black Gold
Helm of Commandment
380pts

Heroes
Wight King
BSB
Accursed Armour
125pts

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
Staff of Damnation
185pts

Core
40 Ghouls
320pts

40 Ghouls
320pts

Special
30 Grave Guard
Great Weapons
Full Command
420pts

30 Grave Guard
Full Command
390pts

Rare
1 Varghulf
175pts

1 Varghulf
175pts

Total:2490pts

Pretty straight forward nothing in the army is below t4. Advances as quick as possible towards the enemy. Summon zombies and for speed bumps and potect flanks.Varghulfs go take out warmachines then combo attack the enemy from the rear. Only thing im worried about is not having enough banners for the scenario where banners are important(i forget what its called nd my BRB is in another room)

exodusofman
31-01-2011, 20:41
good to know I have the best VC list ever

CaliforniaGamer
31-01-2011, 20:46
No Master of the Black Arts...

the list will get owned by any of the solid anti-magic army lists (Dwarfs, Empire Double AL lists, Orc Spirit Totem+Staff of Sneaky Stealin etc etc).

vinny t
01-02-2011, 00:31
Seems like a rather straightforward list except for the magic items? Why not take the classic VC items?

exodusofman
01-02-2011, 04:41
please explain what these "classic" items are

fubukii
01-02-2011, 19:58
id assume the following:

Skull staff
Sceprte
2+ save suit.
helm of command

TheDrugLordX
02-02-2011, 17:55
I have a friend that uses a similar list, what he does is he placed his BSB with the Drakenhof Banner (most broken banner ever) in a unit of 40-ish great weapon carrying grave guard (horde formation). Coupled with Master of the Black art, he spams vanhels/raise dead and that unit and it becomes unstoppable.

He also runs a vampire on winged nightmare (that flying mount) with Forbidden Lore to Purple Sun away those booring gunlines.

Did i mention he finished 2nd in our local championship? ;)

Solid list though.

exodusofman
02-02-2011, 19:10
if i was running this list in a tournament i would use that purple sun cheese but other than that im not that big of a jerk. That banner is good and if i was playing 3k i might consider it but in a 2500pt game that banner is a bit much IMO.

Preacher
02-02-2011, 19:48
Pretty solid list, I like it quite a bit. Would be a real tough nut to crack I think.

Good for you for not using the cheese. Personally, I've never seen the fun of the 'purple sun delivery system'. So we spent 20-30 mins, setting up terrain, choosing a mission, deploying. Ok, first turn, I'm gonna fly over here, use my power scroll and ...oh...there goes a good chunk of your army. What your gonna tap? hmmm.. that was... fun? lol. But to each their own. I don't play tournaments though, so its probably due to that.

Have you thought about getting Ghoulkin on one of the vamps to help speed the two hordes into combat?

You should be ok for banners, it will be tough to take them from the Grave Guard, but one more would be nice.

Nice list, I like it.