PDA

View Full Version : 1.3k Night Goblin "Template" list

Gen.RifulasDykes
30-01-2011, 08:09
Hey all! I am looking for advice or recommendations for what is the "core" template for my Night Gobbo themed army for games of 2,000pts+. For clarification, this is only suppose to be the characters and core choices which i'll use to make the backbone of the army. Also, never been too sure how to gear my Warboss, Great Shammy and BSB, so at the bottom i've got points I have spare from the rough 1.3k budget I assigned for this, but feel free to make recommendations that might take it over or such :). Look forward to reading any feedback or contributions soon!

Lords:
Night Goblin Warboss

Night Goblin Great Shaman
Level 4

Heroes:
6x Night Goblin Big Boss (36pts each)
Light Armour, Great Weapon

Night Goblin BSB

Night Goblin Shaman 110pts
Level 2, Dispell Scroll

Core:
2x 50 Night Goblins (205pts each)
Nets, Full Command

2x 20 Night Goblins (64pts each)
Short Bows, Musician

Total: 1,169pts
Spare: 131pts

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 08:20
For 1,5, Spider banner on the bsb. Aplicable poison is always nice. Also, combine the archers for better posien volley fire. And get some warmachiens. (all three are good, stone throwers/doomdivers=best)

For 2k, The big units should have 2-3 fanatics, the bow units 1. Catches everyone by suprise. You need some trolls too, one unit of six. Either river trolls or normals. Next to the bsb, should anchor you line and be a deterant to charges/fire-magnet. If the fanatics wasnt enough :p

thesheiff

Vulkan Rocks
30-01-2011, 17:02
Or... Wait till march.

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 18:51
Or... Wait till march.

Live in the now mate (he says hypocritically)

Just make sure you've got enough space in your case for a large, arachnid shaped monster, on a 100mmx100mm base.....:p

Gen.RifulasDykes
30-01-2011, 22:00
I think most Greenskin players are waiting till march true, but I don't think it's going to change much in terms what a Night Goblin's "Core" backbone would be, which is all i'm asking for if you read the first paragraph :P Atm i've just got planned the 2x 50 units with 3 big bosses each with GWs, then a Great Shammy and a scroll caddy shammy with a Warboss for LD, along with 2 archer detachment supports. Problems i'm having is I dunno really what to gear the warboss or the Great Shammy for and do I take a magical standard on the BSB since he should be safe in the archer bunker I assume if I combine them into a 40 man horde or give him defensive items etc anyway?

thesheriff
31-01-2011, 06:36
Now kit is something you will have to wait till march for. But as far as buying the models and incorperating them, the night gobbo kit won't change. So your safe there.

We don't even know if they'll go down to pts each yet.....

Stuffburger
31-01-2011, 14:24
I'd bump up one of those archer units to at least 30, if not more. You need one 20-strong to put in the watchtower, but the other one should be a little bigger to give it a chance at steadfast, a few more attacks when in horde mode and a few more shots for only 30 points.

sssk
31-01-2011, 14:45
Well just to conform with the current theme, the big bosses don't need light armour. It makes them more expensive and therefore less efficient. If you put them in a unit with nets, they're effectively toughness 5 most of the time, so should be well enough protected.

I don't really think the level 2 is that necessary, though it's nice to have all of the little waaaagh spells (there's a few gems in there).

Stuffburger tends to be knowledgable in the world of green, and agree with the archer sentiment. I go for a unit of 20 for watchtower/hiding characters in, and a unit of 30-40 who're excellent at stopping would be flankers from getting down you flanks. That many shortbows will deter fast cav, and monsters etc will take a long time to get through the ranks.

I'd also stick a fanatic in each unit (maybe not the 20 man one) because...well, they're great. Don't go overboard on them though. The line between genius and lunacy is thin.

If you go for the bigger archer unit, you might consider giving them nets too, but that's very much up to individual choice and how many points you have lying around.

Zetari
31-01-2011, 14:59
i must say fanatics over netters allways since they are better my personal thought and in so low army points fanatics can bring in alot of points.

Jind_Singh
01-02-2011, 05:27
Lords:
Night Goblin Warboss

Night Goblin Great Shaman
Level 4

Heroes:
6x Night Goblin Big Boss (36pts each)
Light Armour, Great Weapon

Night Goblin BSB

Night Goblin Shaman 110pts
Level 2, Dispell Scroll

Core:
2x 50 Night Goblins (205pts each)
Nets, Full Command

2x 20 Night Goblins (64pts each)
Short Bows, Musician

Total: 1,169pts
Spare: 131pts

I would combine the archers into one unit, full command, netters - the Spears need 1 fanatic each, as does the Archer unit

I would then add some pump wagons from the rare choices to add units which can add combat res to your static res.

Items for characters - well Warboss needs protection - armour of destiny is one of my all time goodies right now for a 5+/4+ save, plus a weapon such as Shagga's sword or martog's basha if you want cheap.

Level 4 needs at least one toy - I like staff of badum and 1 mushroom!

Jind_Singh
01-02-2011, 05:50
BSB could take a fun lil banner -but then he'd be at the mercy of anyone wanting to chop him up! I find the BSB has to take a defensive load up of items to stay the course - Goblin BSB most of all - as they are quite squishy!