PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Daemons of Chaos tourny list

Kriegersen
30-01-2011, 12:26
Hey guys, I was hoping to get a little help around an army list I just came up with, it is primarily for tournament gaming, but has been designed more for an aesthetic purpose, of trying to win best painted army.
I will give you the list and then I will give you the idea's of tactics I intend to use with them, that way I can get some more constructive feedback than "that unit sucks, I cannot believe your using it!!!!" etc.;)
With that in mind, here is the list...
Heroes

Skulltaker on Juggernaut 200

The Masque of Slannesh 90

Slannesh BSB with Greater Icon of Despair 190

Core

20 Pink Horrors
Musician
Standard bearer
Icon of Sorcery
The Changeling 333

22 Deamonettes
Command
Siren Standard 319

Special

5 Flesh Hounds
Karanak, Hound of Vengeance 250

4 Nurgling Swarms 140

Rare

1 Fiend of Slannesh 55

5 Bloodcrushers of Khorne
Champion
Standard Bearer
Icon of Endless War 415

Total= 1994 Points

This army list is built around 2 main Ideas.

The first is the idea of speed, hitting hard and fast, there are only 2 units in the army that are less than Movement 6 and one of these units (the nurglings) have the Scout special rule, so they will be ahead of the force to begin with.
the main idea is that Im over half way across the board in the first turn, and if the opponent goes first, there is a good chance I will be in charge range in the first turn with a few units, such as The Fiend of Slannesh, The Masque, the Nurglings, And the most likely out of all the units, The Bloodcrushers Acompanied by Skulltaker. They are rolling 3 D6 and discarding the lowest dice to begin with when they charge, then you add there movement ontop of this roll (obviously:rolleyes:) and because of The Icon Of Endless War they add an additional dice roll's worth of inches to their first charge, meaning on average you will be getting an initial charge of between 16"-20"!
these will usually be accompanied by the flesh hounds whenever possible, to create maximum carnage and to increase the chance of winning combat, allowing me to push through and be behind the enemy lines as quickly as possible...

The Second main idea behind this force is not unheard of, by far, and I do refer to "The Slannesh LD bomb".
The Greater Icon of Despair means all enemy units within 12" of the banner are at -2 LD to begin with, and then one unit of the opponent can be targeted by The Masques "Dance of Dreaming" reducing that units LD by an Additional D3, meaning that the unit will usually be at -4LD by this point, and a maximum of -5, leaving them open to panic cheques from magic, combat, friendly units breaking near them, and ofcourse, Fear tests, making combat all that bit easier for your units to win, especially against hard units like chaos warriors, horde stormvermin, black orcs, etc.

the rest of the force is mainly built to fill in gaps, The Masque ad the fiend work well at taking out war machines and the flanks of enemy units, particularly if combined, and the pink horrors are there to add some offensive magic, be it a little amount. The Changeling is there purely to help the unit if it gets into combat as this is the only unit that is a particular weak point IMO. The deamonettes are a capable unit on their own, always striking first, 2 attacks and armour piercing, they are capable of holding their own against most foes.

The only real thing that I am worried about is coming across a magic heavy army, because although I have magic resistance on some of the units, I dont have that much in the way of dispelling, as pink horrors only count towards casting spells, not dispelling them, leaving me with just what I roll on my dice.

aside from this I believe this army as a capable force, not a tornement winning force, but one that will do well, but as stated earlier, I am doing this more as a painting project than a gaming one, I just wanted a force that wasn't going to get creamed everytime I used it :D

C&C is encouraged as I am wanting to get the most out of the list before I start buying any of it, no point buying units that are useless ;)

Thanks, Kriegersen

ROCKY
30-01-2011, 15:06
well there are gonna be a few issues here, like where on earth are your heavy hitters? there is only one unit (blood crushers and they will be cannon sniped) also do you have to use skulltaker? just take a cheap herald on a jugger with the armor of khorne. he benefits the unit more than skull taker (he will give them hatred) also drop 2 of the crushers. the special units are meh. i would take 2 units of 2 fiends with the free points

and now that you go rid of the special units take out some daemonettes until they are 17, put in the bsb in the unit and give them banner of extacy and give him the banner of sundering and the sexy siren song. the masque is meh but if u want her keep her. ld bombs are not that great now, what i would do is beef up the horrors with the points u saved and stick in a herald of tzeentch and give him mos and spellbreaker. now u have loads of magic and lots of CC goodness.

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 16:17
...He benefits the unit more than skull taker (he will give them hatred)

He doesnt. Bloodcrushers are not bloodletters.

I would first make your herald bsb tzeentch, not slaanesh. better wardsave, lv.2 magic user will come in handy.

I would then drop the daemonettes. USe the points to bulk out the horrors, and save the rest. Then, drop the flesh hounds and add in some bloodletters.

thesherif

ROCKY
30-01-2011, 16:37
He doesnt. Bloodcrushers are not bloodletters.

I would first make your herald bsb tzeentch, not slaanesh. better wardsave, lv.2 magic user will come in handy.

I would then drop the daemonettes. USe the points to bulk out the horrors, and save the rest. Then, drop the flesh hounds and add in some bloodletters.

thesherif

Actually he does affect the bloodcrushers. If you would take the time to read your book you would find that in the bottom of page 30. he bestows the hatred to blood letters AND blood crushers. I think i know how to play daemons being i that i have decimated people with chaos for years and years. the locus of heralds affect any unit that is similar to its origin (so pleasure seekers ALSO get the locus of slaanesh). and not only is he better because he bestows hatred, he also doesnt have flaming attacks so you wont be challenged by units that are immune to fire or have that stupid helm.

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 18:53
sh1t. Never mind, gotta be wrong sometimes.

ROCKY
30-01-2011, 18:58
sh1t. Never mind, gotta be wrong sometimes.

no worries, it happens to us all, but most importantly you should look at the amount of wasted points on the blood crushers. he needs to spread out his killing power. otherwise hes not gonna inflict enough damage.

thesheriff
30-01-2011, 20:51
For the points of the bloodcrushers, you could get a bloodletter horde w. A herald fir hatred and Icon of endless war.

Also, that means you could have more fiends and some Flamers.

Kriegersen
31-01-2011, 15:03
Hmmm, seems I have some correcting to do then, the only reason I never put bloodletter's in to begin with is that I never really rated them, but I can definitely see your point when it comes to adding those characters to the unit to make it tougher....
I am seriously debating on dropping skulltaker, after looking at him, I'm realising he seems a fair chunk of points in 2000 point games, especially for what he does in game.
Would you really take the unit of bloodcrushers out completely? I could see why you would drop them down to a smaller unit, but to remove them completely I don't believe would be wise, they do hit really hard and when combined with a unit of two, or even 3 Seekers of Slannesh (from the saved points ;) ) are capable of taking units out quickly.
I will take on suggestions and write a second, hopefully improved version of the list....

ROCKY
31-01-2011, 19:32
Hmmm, seems I have some correcting to do then, the only reason I never put bloodletter's in to begin with is that I never really rated them, but I can definitely see your point when it comes to adding those characters to the unit to make it tougher....
I am seriously debating on dropping skulltaker, after looking at him, I'm realising he seems a fair chunk of points in 2000 point games, especially for what he does in game.
Would you really take the unit of bloodcrushers out completely? I could see why you would drop them down to a smaller unit, but to remove them completely I don't believe would be wise, they do hit really hard and when combined with a unit of two, or even 3 Seekers of Slannesh (from the saved points ;) ) are capable of taking units out quickly.
I will take on suggestions and write a second, hopefully improved version of the list....

look you are headed in the right direction. you only issue is to spread out your power more. you cannot simply take a little of something and then one big something. use the units that help you get roles. like why not take a unit of 5flamers and 2 units of 2 fiends? they are fast and pack a whallop and dont forget they move 20inches on the march and charge 3d6 (pick the highest 2)+10. so they can easily zip past your opponent and take out his fragile stuff (archers, handgunners, warmachines, etc) also look at the units that will help, the best core you can get are blood letters and horrors. daemonettes are not that great. if you want a herald take him in a unit of pleasure seekers and the siren song.