PDA

View Full Version : Few rules q. from returning player.

penek
30-01-2011, 18:30
Not played FB from like 2003 year. So theres pretty much of new stuff for me.

1) ASF and Always Strike Last - they cancell each other, but what about rerolls? Do i keep them or no?

2) Six Spell of Death lore, who it kills? everyone on the vortex way? Or only those where sun stops?

3) Dark Elves Dark Pegasus mount, i don't get it - you still randomize shooting vs character\mount - or MB\MC type of mount make it one model (just like ordinary horse) - ie you not distribute hits against character\mount on something small like that mount?

4) How dwarf magic defense work in 8ed? They still get sh**load of dice for dispel (highest from 2d6 + 1(2) dice for Runedude's as before)? - i mean they normally getting more die then before, and then almost same number for runeguys?

Warrior of Chaos
30-01-2011, 18:48

1) ASF and Always Strike Last - they cancell each other, but what about rerolls? Do i keep them or no?

2) Six Spell of Death lore, who it kills? everyone on the vortex way? Or only those where sun stops?

1. They do not cancel each other. ASF = always goes first (unless the other guy has ASF, in which case you go at the same time). ASF gets to re-roll hits if their "I" is equal to or higher than their opponents. ASL is just that; you go last.

2. Purple Sun template hits everything that it moves over to include the models it stops over.

penek
30-01-2011, 18:53
on ASF\ ASL you need recheck rulebook) as it clearly say in ASL section that if you have both - then "two cancel out and neither applies"

Warrior of Chaos
30-01-2011, 20:41
on ASF\ ASL you need recheck rulebook) as it clearly say in ASL section that if you have both - then "two cancel out and neither applies"

If you are referring to the same character having BOTH rules this is true; and i'd say you still get the re-rolls because it is part of the special rule. The only part i'd interpret canceling out is the striking order part. But this is just my opinion.

I misunderstood you to mean two opponents, each one having one or the other.;)

theunwantedbeing
30-01-2011, 21:16

3) Dark Elves Dark Pegasus mount, i don't get it - you still randomize shooting vs character\mount - or MB\MC type of mount make it one model (just like ordinary horse) - ie you not distribute hits against character\mount on something small like that mount?

4) How dwarf magic defense work in 8ed? They still get sh**load of dice for dispel (highest from 2d6 + 1(2) dice for Runedude's as before)? - i mean they normally getting more die then before, and then almost same number for runeguys?

1. ASF per the rules, having both means neither apply at all.

2. Everyone touched by the template suffers the effects of the spell.
This includes models the template moves over, or that move over the template. it's in the FAQ.

3. Treat as a cavalry mount, except the rider gets the wounds characteristic of the mount. No randomisation of hits.

4. Same as everyone else, highest roll for the wids of magic is the dispel dice. Plus any the army generates as normal. See the Dwarf FAQ for details.

AMWOOD co
31-01-2011, 03:30
If you are referring to the same character having BOTH rules this is true; and i'd say you still get the re-rolls because it is part of the special rule. The only part i'd interpret canceling out is the striking order part. But this is just my opinion.

The rule for Always Strikes Last is clear that if a model has both it and Always Stikes First, then the two rules are cancelled. We should conclude this means in their entirety, including the rerolls from Always Strikes First, since it doesn't tell us otherwise.

Note: High Elves conveniently ignore this little tidbit if armed with a Great Weapon due to the wording of their Speed of Assuryan rule (ie. despite weapons). It will affect them from other sources.

TheYoungin
31-01-2011, 03:50
With the dwarf magic question,

Dwarfs don't have actual wizards, but have over time developed a very strong magic resistance so instead of a wizard level bonus for dispelling they get a plus 2 every time.

penek
31-01-2011, 04:54
i played dwarfs before, but from my view of 6ed player - dwarfs now have like twice of dice then before, and opponent normally don't have many power dices to cast..
ps. too strong

H33D
01-02-2011, 04:35
Yeah Dwarf anti-magic is the best in the game. That being said, when someone IF purple sun's them there is very little they can do about it.

Warrior of Chaos
01-02-2011, 18:39
The rule for Always Strikes Last is clear that if a model has both it and Always Stikes First, then the two rules are cancelled. We should conclude this means in their entirety, including the rerolls from Always Strikes First, since it doesn't tell us otherwise.

Note: High Elves conveniently ignore this little tidbit if armed with a Great Weapon due to the wording of their Speed of Assuryan rule (ie. despite weapons). It will affect them from other sources.

Finally had access to my book again and double checked. You are absolutely correct. Damn, I must have read over that like 4 times and never noticed that last caveat! Ok i'll just be over here in the corner licking the windows....carry on.:p

AMWOOD co
02-02-2011, 02:27
Ok i'll just be over here in the corner licking the windows....carry on.:p

"Licking the..." you need a hobby.

Wait a minute...

Spiney Norman
02-02-2011, 11:13

I misunderstood you to mean two opponents, each one having one or the other.;)

If the rules cancel out, they cancel out entirely, not partially. If a model with Always strikes first becomes effected by the always strikes last rule (or vice versa such as a model with a great weapon affected by the speed of light spell) then it does not get rerolls regardless of respective weapon skills