PDA

View Full Version : 1500 HE, need character advice

Red_Lep
31-01-2011, 00:15
I've been out of the game for a good while so I need some advice. From what I've been told about 8th is that character wise you need a Lv4 and a BSB. I understand the BSB as the reroll benifit is awesome, but wouldn't a Lv4 be too many points in one model at this points level?

The list so far:

**LIST EDITED: 2/1/11**

Lords- 360

Archmage- 360
~Talisman of Preservation
~Forlariath’s Robe
~Silver Wand
~Level 4
……………………………………………………………………………………………….
Heroes- 168

BSB- 168
~Guardian Phoenix
~Armor of Caledor
~Great Weapon
Core- 396

Spearmen(29)- 286
~Full Command

Archers(10)- 110
Special- 460

White Lions(13)- 240
~Full Command
~Banner of Eternal Flame
~Ironcurse Icon

Dragon Princes(5)- 220
~Standard Bearer
~Banner of Sorcery
Rare-100

2x Great Eagle- 50
Total- 1484

Vulkan Rocks
31-01-2011, 12:35
No. Level 4 on life, Folariaths, Loremasters, silver wand 355 deploys wth the spears, they are invulnerable pretty much lob them anywhere, they wont die or take shadows and Okkams them EVERY turn

thesheriff
31-01-2011, 12:50
BSB can't be your army general. So, you need anouther charecetr. Lv.4, as suggetsed above, sounds good.

thesheriff

Red_Lep
01-02-2011, 14:41
I edited the list to add in the Archmage, though I am still unsure of what Lore to give him. I like the look of Life and Shadow, but I'm not sure.

Any advice or preferences?

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
02-02-2011, 03:11
I edited the list to add in the Archmage, though I am still unsure of what Lore to give him. I like the look of Life and Shadow, but I'm not sure.

Any advice or preferences?

Looking at your revised list I'd suggest life as you don't have another mage for buffs. Also as the Archmage will probably be very important to your overall strategy the Throne of Vines spells to help prevent miscast will be quite beneficial (along with Regrowth, Life's Blood, & Dwellers if you gets these spells).

Shadow would be good if you had a second mage to cast buff spells.

You also have 16 pts. left so I'd suggest buying a musician for the archer unit to allow for swift reforms and purchase another archer or give someone a 10 pts. magic item.

Vordor711
07-02-2011, 04:36
I had the following comments & suggestions. The Archmage’s lore should likely be the Lore of Life. Also maybe think about cutting something so can add a Mage. Also I suggest switching the Banner of Eternal Flame to the Spearmen, switching the Banner of Sorcery to the White Lions and giving the Dragon Princes the Banner of Ellyrion.

-Wes