PDA

View Full Version : Alive Necrontyr

Borg451
02-02-2011, 17:42
Picture Thread

Has anyone sculpted any alive Necrontyr?

or seen any scuplted?

or perhaps you've drawn pictures?

This is the thread for them.

grmpf
02-02-2011, 20:05
Honestly, I don't think that such a thing exists... :/

TheLaughingGod
02-02-2011, 20:26
Actually, GW released a whole LINE of Necrontyr models as they would appear in the 41st millenium, years ago!

Unfortunately, no one was really happy with the design and the players were mostly Otaku and pre-teens.

Here's a link.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/listProducts.jsp?catId=cat440178a

PondaNagura
02-02-2011, 20:28
there have been threads in the past discussing what they may have looked like, but no images.
one side argues that the hunched skeletal frames that current 40k timeline identifies as necrons, are shadows of their withered bodies from life.
While others say that what we see is how the c'tan envisioned their form in order to scare the crap out of their enemies as walking death-spitting skeletons...since most life forms that could put up a fight were anthropomorphic and/or have bones.

grmpf
02-02-2011, 20:44
Actually, GW released a whole LINE of Necrontyr models as they would appear in the 41st millenium, years ago!

Unfortunately, no one was really happy with the design and the players were mostly Otaku and pre-teens.

Here's a link.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/listProducts.jsp?catId=cat440178a

Hahahaaha! you made my day :D

oCoYoRoAoKo
03-02-2011, 08:42
There is no official artwork of them at the moment. However, if we assume that as Pariahs look like humans, it wouldnt be too far a stretch to say that your basic necron warrior is what a necrontyr would look like.

Lord Damocles
03-02-2011, 08:48
'From the waist up the ancient, hate-filled being [the Undying One] was humanoid, a deathly parody of what it had been in life.'
Dark Creed, pg.364

We might therefore conclude that the Necrontyr were more or less humanoid from the waist up. Other than that, no descriptions are ever given.

Borg451
03-02-2011, 09:58
There is no official artwork of them at the moment.

Picture Thread

or seen any scuplted?

This is the thread for them.

or seen any scuplted?

Slazton
03-02-2011, 15:32
Wouldn't your questions be best suited to looking for a comissioned artist?

If there is no known fluff that gives you an idea how can one begin to fathom their own impression? People on this thread are trying to aide in giving ideas of what they could possibly look like, is that not enough to begin to fuel your imagination?

I am also interested in what the Necrons previously looked like and I am with the idea the current Necron skeletons look similar to what a 'Cron was looking like when he was alive. Tall, gaunt, perhaps a hunched frame from a different planetary gravity, and long limbed....I doubt they had green fire for eyes though

Idaan
03-02-2011, 17:56
There was one fan art I've seen long ago, looking exactly like Slazton described, with a very human-like and depressed facial features. I didn't like it though so didn't save it, and I don't remember the artist. But some art definitely exists.

'From the waist up the ancient, hate-filled being [the Undying One] was humanoid, a deathly parody of what it had been in life.'
Dark Creed, pg.364

We might therefore conclude that the Necrontyr were more or less humanoid from the waist up. Other than that, no descriptions are ever given.Interesting, especially in the light of the fact that all humanoid life is theorized in "Xenology" to be Old One-created or at least influenced by them.

BobtheInquisitor
03-02-2011, 21:20
Is it possible that they started making their life forms based more and more on the Necrontyr form, starting with the Eldar and the Krork and eventually on to the Humans?

It seems like the Old Ones' first creations were the Slann and the Hrud and some of the other less-humanoid aliens out there.

[lexus]
03-02-2011, 22:03
I thought humans was a species that was left untouched by the old ones. Besides, that wouldnt really fit in the whole timeline, as the war in heaven happened millions of years in the past, way before humanity even existed.

Also, humanoid in appearance just means that it has two legs, two arms and a head in roughly the same way as a human. It could have just naturally evolved, without meddling from the old ones. Tau are also humanoid right? And Im quite sure the old ones didnt mess with them.

TrooperTino
03-02-2011, 22:42
I found zhis somewhere on the net some time ago