PDA

View Full Version : Travel Guitars...

Aflo
03-02-2011, 14:50
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd get some advice from Warseer about the travel guitar I'm plannong to buy for my upcoming trip to Ecuador. Now my criteria are fairly restrictive, so let me show you what I'm after and we'll see if it's possible or not:

Metal strings
Small - the lighter the better
Resistant to humidity and heat - I'll be spending time in the rainforest aswell as in temperatures up to 32 degrees celcius
Cheap! Probably the most restrictive caveat but I'd prefer not to spend over 100 since I'll have to buy a hard case to go with it

All suggestions welcome as while I spend plenty of time playing my guitars I know next to nothing about them!

Cheers,

Adam

Aflo
05-02-2011, 14:59
Well I've had a scour of the internet and the Yamaha FG - JR seems to fir my needs pretty nicely. Does anyone have any experience with this guitar?

What I need to find still is a hard case to transport it in - anyone have any recommendations on that front?

Cheers,

Adam

noneshallpass!
08-02-2011, 22:52
Not all cases are good enough for secure flight. The two times I have brought my Stratocaster on a plane, I had it in a gigbag and brought it with me in to the cabin. Not all companies will allow this though..

Why the small size? More easy to carry? I might be a weakling, but carrying my bass or guitar in a case is an annoying load even for back and forth for a rehearsal. How about getting a guitar in a gigbag in Ecuador?