PDA

View Full Version : Good Lucius picture!

[GK]alien
21-03-2006, 21:00
Hi, this picture is good enough to see all the detail.

Enjoy ;)

squigsnok
21-03-2006, 21:02
Give that boy a cookie!

Nice work there man.

Tom
21-03-2006, 21:05
Hold on. There is one way that whip positioned like that works perfectly.

If it's sentient*.

*Wouldn't put it beyond a Slaaneshi Daemon Weapon.

Long_Fang
21-03-2006, 21:06
I think this model would look terrific if it was done in lighter colours. The scars on the face, in my humble opinion, should be done pink....look really nasty!

Thanks for the pic :)

The Laughing Man!
21-03-2006, 21:06
Now they just need to re-do Kharn and I will be a happy camper:D

giner
21-03-2006, 21:11
Brilliant, how do you get these pictures [GK]?

[GK]alien
21-03-2006, 21:19

Better don't ask...:angel:

Enjoy!:D

Latro_
21-03-2006, 21:20
why oh why don't they paint EC's purple
hehe

he seems to be a lil taller than normal power armoured marines

lord_blackfang
21-03-2006, 21:39
Not very dynamic...

Smoking Frog
21-03-2006, 21:46
He looks scary in that "I wanna play with your rear end" sort of way...

VtrAxx
21-03-2006, 21:46
I give you a cookie!

Its a very, well..nice model, but litterally not dynamic but looks like the artwork.

Just my 0.02CDN
Vtraxx Out

Kaoslord
21-03-2006, 21:54
Give me a little green stuff and some pliers... He'll be dynamic when I'm done with him... Overall, not a bad model. Good base to work with..

Stranger
21-03-2006, 21:56
Why they painted his armor leathery instead of purple/pink?

And why do I feel the sudden urge to start Emperor's Children:D

Xeres
21-03-2006, 22:05
ok im not a chaos player but i really like this model and how they have painted him. I really dont get this whole "dynamic" pose thing, i dont think him running while skipping and drinking a cup of tea is going to make a better model tbh :P

Hortwerth
21-03-2006, 23:07
@ Stranger: The armour is not pink to better represent the fact these are the faces of the previos body inhabitors. I think it'd look much better in lighter tones; purplish pale skintone for the faces on the armour instead of the leathery one. Plus, the scars on his face really deserve other paint treatment.

All in all, he's "convertible" but for the legs. The belly looks like an easy place to cut and the detail on the legs isn't that great to miss for more than 2 seconds. (except hooves maybe)

ReDavide
22-03-2006, 00:19
Doom Siren my foot. That's just a cluster of baby rattles.

The Wraithlord
22-03-2006, 01:23
Man that is a nice model. Not too much work required to convert it to other legions either.

Marduk
22-03-2006, 01:24
Doom Siren my foot. That's just a cluster of baby rattles.

Im not sure if his backpack is a doom siren, I see some white just before the "banner" and it looks more like a few vials of combat drugs as this is how the EM team seem to paint the glass canisters full of vile liquid.

As a side note I am glad I have finaly started working on my two noise marine squads with sonic blasters and EC pads plus my sonic dread and daemonettes...its going to be an interesting summer and I have a feeling my small force will be ripping up some bastard imperials with this guy leading them^^

sanctusmortis
22-03-2006, 09:06
Why oh why:

1) did they give him hooves?
2) deviate from his codex colour scheme?

Rabid Bunny 666
22-03-2006, 09:23
well, its not his armour ;)

Achilles
22-03-2006, 09:41
Why oh why:

1) because the last guy to kick his A** is CC was a Tau? :D

BlackJuju
22-03-2006, 15:25
Why you want a Doom Siren, Lucius doesnt have a Doom Siren. According to his fluff in the Codex anyway.

squigsnok
22-03-2006, 15:56
Why oh why:

1) Possibly to show his daemonic-ness. The Keeper of the Secrets has hooves. Maybe its a slanneshi thing?

2) have no idea. Artistic licence probably. Maybe painting the faces bright pink looked too wierd?

On more point, upon closer inspection of the model...

...Is that a corset? :eyebrows:

Alex Under
22-03-2006, 16:10
Mmm... Eh... Don't know if I love it or I hate it... Probably its the paint job I dislike... Lighter colours would suit it better IMO

Thane McHammer
22-03-2006, 16:28
Well, I'm totally bi-polar on this one.

Nice to see a Lucius miniture. Good sculpting, though the pose is a little static.

Hate the paint job, though. Way to dark and bland, for my taste. Could do with extending the whip and repositioning his legs....

Need to dust off my EC project...

-Thane

The Judge
22-03-2006, 18:49
Bit too dark (paintjob) for me, but it is still a nice model, and a brighter colour scheme may not have worked.

I suppose we can't complain about the feet - they weren't in the artwork.

Alpharius
22-03-2006, 19:02
Now they just need to re-do Kharn and I will be a happy camper:D

You're kidding, right?

And I am pretty sure that by the rules in C: CSM, he is equiped with a Doom Siren...

Tom
22-03-2006, 20:03
His armour counts as a doom siren, yes. So he doesn't actually own a Doom Siren.

Satan
22-03-2006, 20:04

Don't know where he got it from, but it's in the latest WD, issue 316 UK. It's lying on my desk.

Kurai
22-03-2006, 20:15
Why oh why:

1) The Slaanesh Aspiring Champion on foot has hooves too. Guess it is a Slaaneshi thing.
2) Black and pink? It's just the pinks that seems a little bit dirty.

What I don't like are the painting of his face. Why would the scars be black? Is it a Slaaneshi thing too?

Scorpio
22-03-2006, 20:25
Great pic you get BIG cookie:D

-Scorpio

Grim Jaw
22-03-2006, 20:33
the upper part and his backpack looks like they're taken from the CSM plastic sprue, and the lowerpart from one of those statue-chaplains..

well overall I guess he's ok, though my greatest wish (warhammer related wish) is that they will change the pose to a more dynamic one...

Sakura
23-03-2006, 09:50

under his skirt is his real daemon weapon.
It streches futher too... hoo baby, im in love.

Havoc
23-03-2006, 18:21
He looks better in this pic, but its just the whip that pust me off buying him

sanctusmortis
23-03-2006, 21:44
I have sudden memories of Slaaneshi troops with prehensile, talking... "daemon weapons". Rogue Trader, IIRC.

calicojack
24-03-2006, 00:05
1) The Slaanesh Aspiring Champion on foot has hooves too. Guess it is a Slaaneshi thing.

One hoofed foot and one hermaphroditic breast has been a "thing" on Slaaneshi champions/knights/marines since away back in Rogue Trader days, and in WHFRP and in Fantasy. The "embodiment" of Slaanesh is depicted as a beautiful but androgynous hermaphrodite with one hoofed foot. The original metal Noise Marine models [from over a decade back, possibly longer] had cloven hooves much as have the Plague Marines; it seems cloven hooves is more of a "chaos" thing than a "slaaneshi" thing. Something to do with beastmen being the chosen children of chaos, most likely [grins].

2) Black and pink? It's just the pinks that seems a little bit dirty. What I don't like are the painting of his face. Why would the scars be black? Is it a Slaaneshi thing too?

Personally, I can see the armour looking good in a deep, wet-looking, lacquered crimson. And agreed, the painting on the scars makes them look less like livid scars and more like ... trenches filled with ash? Paint job will make a big difference on this one. Also appreciate the conversion potential. Might make a good "generic chaos apothecary" to walk alongside Fabius Bile....

CrashMann
24-03-2006, 02:18
I for one love this new model. IMO this is the best looking special character they have made yet for Chaos.

Alpharius
24-03-2006, 12:50
I for one love this new model. IMO this is the best looking special character they have made yet for Chaos.

Really?

Lucius model is better than Abaddon or Ahriman or Kharn?

Really?

Well, different strokes and all that...

ArtificerArmour
24-03-2006, 13:00
That face is horrible. Doomrider will be really pissed off he got replaced with that.

Jon_Irenicus
25-03-2006, 00:28
Is it a he, or a she? :p
IŽd expect him to be... prettier.
Well, still better than TC on vanilla sky. :)

Xeres
25-03-2006, 00:47
I would assume to the other slaanesh worshipers, the hooves and the face are rather attractive.

right now i must purge my mind of this taint.

Zheardok
25-03-2006, 00:48
So that's what Lucius looks like!

DarkLord
25-03-2006, 09:36
Lucius Looks not so fine... what's a pity!

Marty D
25-03-2006, 15:25
he reminds me of an alien race form star wars - the yuuzhan vong

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/index.html

Melchiah
29-03-2006, 04:33
he reminds me of an alien race form star wars - the yuuzhan vong

I agree, he does too. Looks damns good, not sure of his banner.
I think his armour should be a lighter shade. His fluff says that his armour sucks in souls of fallen enemies right? so lighter means fresh victims right?

Mazorzarch
03-04-2006, 16:28
I like this new sculpt, I have no complaints (the hooves add a little charecter I think), except that they redo Kharn now.
I rather like the whip, indeed, it does look semi-sentient. And I agree with some previous statements, the flesh and his scars need to be a bit lighter.
Perhaps make on scar an open wound, with a little purply/pink blood dripping out (that would be hard, but if done right, twould look exelent!)

under his skirt is his real daemon weapon.
It streches futher too... hoo baby, im in love.

:eek:
:cries:
You just ruined my virgin mind...... That was a disgusting image you gave me... itd probly be all purple and pink and scheisser like that.... :(

The Judge
03-04-2006, 17:17
Love it.

Having just finished Horus Rising, Lucius is certainly more appealing.

I'd want to do a pre-heresy version though.

dienekes96
03-04-2006, 17:58
I am a bit underwhelmed. It could be the paintjob, as the sculpt is competent. It's tough to compete with the awesome artwork in the Codex admittedly. It's doubly tough for Slaaneshi characters because they aren't as broadly defined. The devil is in the details.

It's not a bad figure, and I'm sure I'll get one. It's not a WOW figure either, as I hoped it would be.

Thanks for posting the image,
Chuck

drakhar
04-04-2006, 07:38
yeah i guess?....Just not as excited as i was when i saw Mr Orteza version in one of the Golden Demon competitions. you would have thought that since the Artists do the rendering and the sculptors work so closely with them that they would have tried to get more detail and a better sculpt, but i guess it gives me a base atleast to work with. Good picture bad paint job, looks like one of the customer service guys or Joe "the Hack" Slaboda had a go at this model. My question why doesn't the 'Eavy Metal guys paint any studio minis anymore?

Kurai
04-04-2006, 13:07
yeah i guess?....Just not as excited as i was when i saw Mr Orteza version in one of the Golden Demon competitions. you would have thought that since the Artists do the rendering and the sculptors work so closely with them that they would have tried to get more detail and a better sculpt, but i guess it gives me a base atleast to work with. Good picture bad paint job, looks like one of the customer service guys or Joe "the Hack" Slaboda had a go at this model. My question why doesn't the 'Eavy Metal guys paint any studio minis anymore?
In my opinion this model is far superior to the Orteza version. The face is better even if not great. The whip looks better. Have never seen a perfect whip on a model as far as I can remember. The sword is better. The paint job is worse though.

Xhalax
04-04-2006, 18:25
In itself...it's a nice model....but I don't feel particualy moved or thrilled by it to be honest.

I can't put my finger on why....but I can't say I have any strong feelings about it.

Cade
04-04-2006, 19:34
Hate the sword.

Other than that, very nice.

Icewalker
04-04-2006, 22:45
At long last! They finally come out with a good picture of Lucius, the best CSM character ever. I now must start collecting CSM again.

MaiRousi
06-04-2006, 19:10
I dunno, anyone care to post a picture of the Orteza version?

Sakura
11-04-2006, 13:12
The colour of this model is a little bit better, still I find his head the wrong colour and the magenta being a bit too rich, it needs some lightening and more shades thru out his whole body, his armour isnt simple like most marines, he has a bit of flesh there and a bit of living stuff there and some screaming soulds trapped in there.
His whip should be certainly tentacle pink in my eyes, it fits with the Liber chaotica and codex.

And it looks like his tounge is in a cheeky emoticon style. new angle, new opinion, and its getting worse. :( and i've long awaited this model since 2.5 years ago :( :(

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/albums/album99/gd2006_573.jpg

Melchiah
11-04-2006, 19:19
is it just me or does his whip seem really long? not complainging or anything. just wondering if im cazy

yerpo
12-04-2006, 22:25
is it just me or does his whip seem really long? not complainging or anything. just wondering if im cazy

It's quite appropriate, considering it is the Lash of Torment whose point is to be long (pun intended :p )

I quite like the scheme on this second pic, except the cuts on his head should be dark color, IMO.

intellectawe
12-04-2006, 23:26
In my opinion this model is far superior to the Orteza version. The face is better even if not great. The whip looks better. Have never seen a perfect whip on a model as far as I can remember. The sword is better. The paint job is worse though.

This model is horrid. Not dynamic enough. The whip looks really bad. Succubus whips are the best whip sculpts in the game.

Exterminatus
13-04-2006, 12:40
Nice model, not to hard to replace the whip or do some good conversion with.

calicojack
13-04-2006, 13:52
Personally, aim to replace the whip, and use him as the "Frankenstein's Monster" in my unit of "MGM Movie Monster" Possessed.

The Judge
13-04-2006, 14:10
I could see that.

I don't think it would be too hard to get rid of the whip - you may just need a new hand, that's all.

I like the "pink" colour scheme, even if there is too much pink IMO.

Sakura
13-04-2006, 19:37
Im a Pink lover and I think its too pink.
I paint EC's for crying out loud.