PDA

View Full Version : Civil Unrest (genestealer cult pics)

Rokkitz
22-03-2006, 01:04
These are the first few civilians for my small but growing Genestealer Cult army.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/cult-001.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/cult-welder.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/cult-biker1.gif
The first one is a construction worker, the second is a factory worker (with welding mask) and the third is a thug from a motorcycle club. I am going to add a 'MC Talons' logo on the back of the biker vest.
They are not painted to any extraordinary standard, but I think they have character, so I figured I could share them. Since I know the question will come up, I might as well mention that the bike is an old squat bike, with a squat trike front fork and an ork plastic skull.

starlight
22-03-2006, 01:09
Actually that's a pretty good standard there.:D Looking forward to more.:D

Greblord
22-03-2006, 01:13
Looks like you'll be able to use those boys for the miner rioters in IA:3 too!

Nice work.

IG_Airborne_Ranger
22-03-2006, 01:37
Not bad at all, I too have plans to make a Genestealer Cult army to fight against my modern themed Imperial Guard. I'm going to be using Necromunda House Cawdor models.

Warboss Garfang
22-03-2006, 01:48
Pretty cool. Really like the biker, although the fact that you used an OOP squat bike almost makes me want to cry...even though there's no point in letting a bunch of metal just sit around and rust.

Rokkitz
22-03-2006, 01:59
Pretty cool. Really like the biker, although the fact that you used an OOP squat bike almost makes me want to cry...even though there's no point in letting a bunch of metal just sit around and rust.
Gah! instead of having a rare mini I now have a unique one, right? At least it got painted and will get to see some action. That's more than most squat stuff can ever hope for. :angel: I have one more, and that one will be painted up unconverted, but with a human rider of course. They just don't make bikes like these anymore :cries:

TiltinTim
22-03-2006, 02:33
I am getting a wierd Village People vibe from this. Which is why its awesome!!!!!!

starlight
22-03-2006, 02:34
<imagines YMCA poses>

:eek:

:D

Ziljin
22-03-2006, 02:43
Aren't genestealer cults supposed to have hybrids or something? Whenever I see pics of genestealer cults, I never see regular humans.

But those guys look awesome. My favorite is the factory worker.

starlight
22-03-2006, 02:54
They have the full range from *look perfectly normal* to full on icky hybrids.

ankellagung
22-03-2006, 03:23
Actually, IIRC, none of them look *perfectly normal, they still have slightly wierd faces and funny teeth, but only a trained eye can see this.

starlight
22-03-2006, 03:36
Are you saying that there's something wrong with Rokkitz's teeth?:eek:

:p

Khrangar
22-03-2006, 03:46
<imagines YMCA poses>

I got that impression too.

They do look well done though. I like the welder and the biker. The construction worker's helmet seems to be too high for him.

New Cult King
22-03-2006, 03:55
I think they are an excellent standard for tabletop, and the conversions make up for any lack of NMM or flashy highlighting. Modelling civilians like that -what an excellent idea!

Rokkitz
22-03-2006, 10:21
Thanks all for the nice comments.. and the other comments too off course :D

I like the welder and the biker. The construction worker's helmet seems to be too high for him.
That was made on purpose. Hard hats do sit very high up on your head, and they are only attached with a backstrap. It looks a bit extreme on this picture though but looks better IRL.
The YMCA thing I had not even thought of, haha. Perhaps I should make an indian too? Ive already made cops (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24145&highlight=rokkitz) you see.

yerpo
22-03-2006, 11:38
<imagines YMCA poses>

You mean like this?

(I knew that pic would come in handy one day)

:p :D

malika
22-03-2006, 11:41
why???:eek: that's jsut mean!

sigur
22-03-2006, 14:30
Looks like we have another ace converter here. I really like your miniatures, but the hardhat really looks a bit too high. That's okay though, because it surely looks better on the tabletop, when you look lown on the miniature. Your policemen also rock, all your work makes me start another 40k army because I've always had a soft spot for Genestealer Cults (to me, they are the only interesting thing Tyranids have to offer). Just keep up the good work; it's very inspiring.

Lord_Dante
22-03-2006, 14:59
Hard hats can be quite high. I'd offer everyone a picture of mine on my head but with all the Y.M.C.A. jokes I'm scared too now :(

Rokkitz
03-04-2006, 16:11
Alright, time for a small update.
This is the second biker. Same old squat bike as the last one, this time with the original handlebars. Switched out the front light though, so only minor conversion work.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/cultbiker2.gif
The second construction worker is finished.. I like these a lot and might do a whole squad of them. This one is armed with a great weapon. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/cultroadsign-001.gif

Khrangar
03-04-2006, 17:29
That's one angry looking construction worker. Looks great, and the sign is very well done.

TiltinTim
03-04-2006, 19:46
The second contruction worker rocks more than the first!!! More pics please!!

scrubout
04-04-2006, 05:05
Have you considered a nice big yellow dozer for these fellas to use? I couldn't help to mention the thought...great stuff!

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

HPD_Andy
04-04-2006, 08:17
Cool, interesting concept.

Barbarossa
04-04-2006, 13:27
A Dozer would be cool! VDR surely helps represent it.

ExoCowboy
04-04-2006, 13:43
amazing stuff. Be proud of them, they look just ace :cool:

*waiting to see more*

Rabid Bunny 666
04-04-2006, 14:22
You mean like this?

(I knew that pic would come in handy one day)

:p :D

sweet mother of Christ! :eek:

awesome work Rokkits, especially the great Weapon dude, looks suitably peeved off

He Who Laughs
04-04-2006, 23:56
Truly inspiring there Rokkit! Amazing, yet relatively simply to emulate - consider your ideas officially yoinked! :D Fitters and turners with dirty great big shifters, Boiler-makers with gas-axe flamers... well done on the idea!

And yes - to all those that think the hard hats sit a little high, you've obviously never worked with one on - Rokkit has got them spot on.

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing the rest of the army.

Rokkitz
05-04-2006, 02:09
Thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate all the feedback I get too. (the dozer is a great idea!!).
This army was actually not meant to become a real project, but rather just me playing around with my bit box. I figured that this would be the perfect army to make use of all those weird bits and models that I end up never using. Having played 40k for roughly 15 years I have collected loads of bits and bobs that don't really fit in anymore in a regular army.
However, I will probably just make a resonable patrol of 400-500 pts or so. I am almost there too, so who knows if I continue after that.

Since you all seem to like these I figured I might as well post a pic of the Magus and some of his purestrain "children".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/cultmaguswkids.gif

Tom
05-04-2006, 02:15
This is cooler than anything. Ever. Congratulations.

You need a limo though. Any GC army NEEDS a limo.

Quin 242
05-04-2006, 03:05
Very very cool. never noticed how easily the catachans could be regular Joes :)

I'm sad that there are some squats without bikes now tho :(

Tyra_Nid
05-04-2006, 10:17
WOW. You put my GS Cultists to shame :p

I love the way its like theyve gone straight from their cover jobs to The Revolution!

How did you do the end of the staff on the magus? Looks great.

calebh124
06-04-2006, 00:32
These guys are awsome do up some more and post some pics! I can't wait!

unwanted
06-04-2006, 10:10
If I ever get around to making a GC/LatD I know there's only one way to do it: Black Bloc all the way, with rocks and Molotovs all across the line!

Rokkitz
06-04-2006, 12:09
How did you do the end of the staff on the magus? Looks great.

Lets just say that another OOP miniature got chopped to peices. :eek:

To be more precise, it is the head of the staff that "Magnus the Red" is weilding. That miniature is an old EPIC/Space Marine model, patriarch of the Thousands Sons if I recall correctly.

Glad you all like 'em! I will keep working on them, but probably pretty slowly as I am doing several projects at the same time and this is not a priority as of now.
A preview of some models that are in the works.
The first one is a hybrid hierarch, the tactical leader of my army. It didn't make sense that the Magus would be on the board when playing small skirmishes, so I needed another HQ. The second pic is of two initiates, the fat guy is made from an ork buggy gunner body. He is a good example of how I am trying to really use those bits that don't look good in their standard army. The shotgun is made by cutting up a mordheim crossbow and adding a barrel. Simple, but it still needs some green stuff details added.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/hierarch.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/stockenberg/Genstealer%20Cult/initiates.gif
Until next time,

Darkseer
06-04-2006, 12:14
I'd love to play against this army :)

Dawn of the Dogs
06-04-2006, 12:23
it looks great! i like it alot :)

Quin 242
07-04-2006, 01:01
The second pic is of two initiates, the fat guy is made from an ork buggy gunner body. He is a good example of how I am trying to really use those bits that don't look good in their standard army.

Who would have ever looked at that model and said "you know...??" Excellent choice. It's ^%$ as an Ork but looks ace as a fat guy :)

Kroxhandler
10-10-2006, 16:20
Very, very nice. Good highlights. Excellent model chioces.
Been looking into updating the 2nd and 3rd edition of the rules for Genestealer cults myself, anyone else who has some spare time on their hands feel free to report in. I'm sure we can draft a suitable list to use in the current edition.

rivers3162
10-10-2006, 19:02
Loving the conversions so far. Those squat bikes look so damn good, they don't make them like that any more!

I've been thinking about doing a little GS cult myself, mainly cos I think the FW SoB Repressor (i think its called the repressor anyways) would make a really nice rhino/limousine.

Lord-Warlock
10-10-2006, 20:08
Postification of Nehek, anyone?

- LoW

philbrad2
10-10-2006, 20:20
Thread necromancy goes against the laws of nature and the forum rules! (http://www.warseer.com/forums//faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)

Thread closed

+ + WarSeer Inquisition + +

:chrome: