PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen w/ Tetto'eko, or Knight heavy WoC?

vinny t
06-02-2011, 20:52
So, been playtesting a few more lists for an upcoming tourney, and have come up with 2 that I think are pretty nifty.

1st up: Lizardmen!!

Slann BSB with Banner of +1 ld, rumination, ethereal, Loremaster (Heavens), Cube of Darkness, Plaque of protection

Tetto'eko

36 Saurus with f/c

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

4 Kroxigor

Salamander

2 Salamanders

Ancient Stegadon

This list revolves around throwing out 2 comets a turn, and redeploying things to force the opponent to wade through a barrage of comets in order to reach my tough unit of 36 Saurus and Stegadon.

Pros:
-Overwhelming magic
- Can pull a refused flank like none other
- Tough units
- Lots of skinks to kill monsters
- Salamanders are good
Cons:
- Pretty weak in combat as a whole
- Not too many heavy hitters
- Relies on Magic

List 2: WoC!!

BSB with Mark of Tzeentch, 4+Ward Save, Halberd

Wizard lvl 2 with Dispel scroll, armour of immune to pysch

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne with flails

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne with flails

19 Warriors with Mark of Tzeentch, shields, banner of Frenzy, f/c

17 Warriors with Mark of Tzeentch, shields, Halberds, Banner of 5+(4+) ward against shooting

7 Knights of Khorne

7 Knights of Khorne

7 Knights of Khorne

This list is designed to annihilate people in close combat, first with the horsemen, then the knights, then the warriors. So many models with good armour saves, and high strength attacks are hard to stop.

Pros:
-Beastly close combat
- Hard to kill
- Very fast
- Can deal with all kind of opponents (Monsters, infantry, other cav)
Cons:
- Unreliable due to frenzy
- Low magic
- Fairly low model count
- Knights are neutered after losing a few of their number

So, what are your thoughts about eac list? Which is better?
If you vote for the none of the above option, please post any changes you would make to these lists to make them more competitive.

As always, thanks for any replies/votes! :)

thesheriff
06-02-2011, 21:10
Lizards
*Why not Razordons?
*Those Krox are a bit pointless. When you could have a stegamadegamadon :wtf: Sunday night slurring on the brain :p.
*In all seriousness though, its good.

Warriors
*Those 'Banner of Rage' warriors can't use the parry. So you might aswell give them halberds.
*MOK is too many points for 5 horsemen.
*Drop one of the Knight units and up the lv.2 to lv.4. Any left over points should go on redistributing knighst into 2 units.

thesheriff

vinny t
07-02-2011, 20:52
what are the advantages of a stegadon over the Kroxigor?

thesheriff
07-02-2011, 21:51
Stegadons have a giant bolt thrower, a better save, are more survivable in the long run, do impact hits and thunder stomp.

vinny t
07-02-2011, 21:52
but krox have more wounds, more attacks, better strength, and stomp

emperor penguin
08-02-2011, 07:36
one problem with your lizard list is the lack of a unit of 20 saurus to hold the watchtower if u get that mission. I also dont like to combine Tetto'eko with a slann with heavens becouse of the new miscast table, I prefer to give him another lore and use up most of the dice leaveing only enough for Tetto'eko to cast 1 big spell, becouse you will likely lose any remaining dice to the miscast.

venomx51
08-02-2011, 08:10
Lizards
I'd be tempted to drop 2 of the Skink Skirmisher units and reduce the big Saurus Warrior unit to 30. That would then give you enough points for another unit of 20 Saurus. 2 blocks of Saurus with 2 units of skirmishers will give you better flexibility than the 1 block (imo 36 is just that too big for a non-horde unit, and just a bit too small to horde).

Kroxigors you either love or hate. I've been quite unlucky with mine, they seem to get targeted early and killed or flee off the board. The main downside is their low WS (see about magic lore below), but they do bring some nice S6 hits to the board.

The Slann build looks fine. I think that perhaps the Ethereal and the Plaque of Protection is a bit over-kill (unless you're fighting Dwarfs who have magical shooting attacks), and the banner of +1 Ld is also not usually of much benefit. However, I would consider a different magic Lore. Heavens is a bit well, meh. I know it's always mentioned when Slanns come up, but Life or Light give great synergy with Lizardmen.

Light has counters for the Lizards main weakness of low WS and initiative, as well as making the army really mobile (10" move) where Life gives some great buffs that make your units nearly impossible to kill, and Dwellers is just scary as hell. Heavens just doesn't have anything that compares to either of those lores, even with Tetto in there.

Salamanders are a great choice (I take the same combination of 2 and 1 myself), as is the Ancient Steg. The only other thing is you might want to consider is something a bit more mobile to take out war machines. Finding 90 points for some Terradons or some Chameleon Skinks might be a wise investment.

Good list tho imo.