PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves vs High Elves 2200

Noght
07-02-2011, 04:22
Hey All:

Posted this over on the Wood Elf forums. Thought I'd drop a link here.
You can hear the crickets over there.
Hope you enjoy.

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19914

Noght

Maarten K
08-02-2011, 12:26
I don't think you're opponent could combine the +1 dice item and the one that takes one away(Annulian crystal): both are arcane items.

Other than that: looking at the army lists you did good. Wardancers are indeed incredibly fragile. Their main use is confined to mage -bodyguards.

all in all nice batrep! ( I really need to paint my woodelves!)

Noght
08-02-2011, 14:54
Thanks Maarten, really digging the 60 Glade Guard. I'll probably drop the Wardancers for cheaper, tougher, though potentially less killy Dryads.

Played the Treekin poorly.

He had 2 mages, lvl 4 and lvl 2. Amazing that the Bright Lore keeps popping up when the Wood Elfs are the opponents, almost never see it otherwise:).

Squigkikka
08-02-2011, 15:39
I know, this forum really is the only one with a slight interest in battle reports! :D

Nice to read about Wood Elves too, well done on the small paint things to help illustrate the battle :)

zork rumpscratcha
08-02-2011, 17:42
love the battlechronicler! I call it a win for the woodelves. I was kind of surprised how little combat the dryads saw. Would it be better to switch their placement with the treekin, put the monster bases on the flank?
And I was also surprised by how much he moved up. Are woodelf bows better at a distance than high elf? I would have thought it'd be the opposite.

Noght
08-02-2011, 20:37
love the battlechronicler! I call it a win for the woodelves. I was kind of surprised how little combat the dryads saw. Would it be better to switch their placement with the treekin, put the monster bases on the flank?
And I was also surprised by how much he moved up. Are woodelf bows better at a distance than high elf? I would have thought it'd be the opposite.

Wood Elf bows at short Range (Glade Guard only have S4) so they destroy T3 High Elves. Long Range is 30", so that is a lot of shots coming in.

Sent the Dryads up through the Woods so they would be Steadfast if in combat and -3 to shoot while they moved.

Thanks for the note about Battlechronicler, getting the hang of it...
Noght