PDA

View Full Version : High Elves V Skaven 2500pts

Reiksmarshal
08-02-2011, 19:35
Hey guys im set to play a friend of mine who plays skaven this saturday and was hoping you could help me with the list.

Lords
Prince Tyrion 400pts

Heroes
High Elf Mage 145pts
-level 2 w/silver wand

High Elf Mage 175
-level 2 w/annulian crystal

High Elf Noble 168
-bsb w/ great weapon,armour of caledor and guardian phoenix

Core
20 LSG 285
-FC, Shields

20 LSG 285
-FC, Shields

20 LSG 285
-FC, Shields

Special
10 Dragon Princes-375(Tyrion goes here)
-FC, Banner of Arcane Protection

20 Swordmasters of Hoeth-380(BSB goes here)
-FC, Banner of Sorcery

Total 2498

sknich
08-02-2011, 20:53
Plain Spearmen tear up our infantry. Just the sheer amount of attacks coming in with rerolls are deadly.

Red_Lep
08-02-2011, 23:07
You might want to fit in the Banner of Eternal Flame incase of HPAs.

Trains_Get_Robbed
09-02-2011, 02:41
Banner of Eternal Flame is a must, put onto LSG.

Awesome seeing use of Tyrion! :D

Dragon Princes are great save for the fact that you won't make use of the second ranks of attacks. Instead run 13 Silver Helms is slightly cheaper, and although your not going to be able to take a banner with them, its worth the points you save. (banner of arcane isn't even worth it anyway)

You will also need to cut out a unit of LSG and run a single unit of LSG (26/7ish) and 25 Spears, so thattttt. . . you can still fit in your Dragon Princes!!! :D

You should be able to take about 5- depending on kit, I would advise this though:

6 D.P's: F.C, Ellyrion Banner.

Then give your BsB a B.Steed, and the Helm of Fortuane instead of the AoC for a +2 rerollable and put him in the D.P unit.

You will have about 47 points left from here at this point give the BoEF to the LSG, and the Crown of Command to the Silver Wand mage, and put him in the S.M unit.

So Your List:

Lords
Prince Tyrion 400pts

Heroes
High Elf Mage 180 pts
-level 2 w/silver wand, Crown of Command

High Elf Mage 175
-level 2 w/annulian crystal

High Elf Noble 184
-bsb w/ great weapon, Helm of Fortuane and guardian phoenix, B.Steed

Core
27 LSG 386
-FC, Shields, BoEF

25 Spearmen- 245
F.C

Special
6 Dragon Princes-195(BsB)
-Musc, Bearer, Banner of Ellyrion

20 Swordmasters of Hoeth-380(Lvl 2 LoL)
-FC, Banner of Sorcery

12 Silver Helms (sheilds)- 306 (Tyrion)
-FC

Great Eagle

Total 2,456

Can buy a Eagle if your group dosen't mind going over a bit, or you can just throw in the champ upgrade on D.P's or S.H etc. . . or just dump the Musc on the S.M and pick up the G.E as thats 2,500 exact.

With the S.W Mage take Life, look for in this order: Earthblood, Toughness, Regrowth

With the other Lvl 2 take Shadow (just throw into LSG or Spears) look for in no paticular order: Okaams, Withering, Enfeebling Foe, Miasma and lastly Pit.

The LoL casters job is to keep your forces alive on their way into blocks of ranked rats as he will be spam casting Earth Blood on the S.M, try to T boost (2-3 dice) the one of the Knights, while the Shadow caster looks to wreak havoc with 4-5 dice castings of whatever spells you get. Remeber it may be a good idea to switch out even a spell like Mindrazor or wither for Miasma as it does have a low cast vaule, and will make anything their army hit on 5's thus saving your bodies even more, as well as restricting their movement etc. . .

Good luck, I tried to keep with the cav theme.

Reiksmarshal
09-02-2011, 18:23
Why does nobody like Lothern Sea Guard??

Red_Lep
09-02-2011, 18:29
Why does nobody like Lothern Sea Guard??

I love LSG, but I believe they suffer from "Jack of all trades, master of none" syndrome. They are more expensive than Spearmen and have less range than an Archer.

Reiksmarshal
09-02-2011, 22:20
But i find that i like to sit them back, shoot my enemy up and then take the charge, fighting in all 4 ranks....

Red_Lep
09-02-2011, 23:27
But i find that i like to sit them back, shoot my enemy up and then take the charge, fighting in all 4 ranks....

Thats how to use them, they are a defensive unit in my opinion.

thesheriff
10-02-2011, 09:00
Thats how to use them, they are a defensive unit in my opinion.

Yeah. But if you sit them back, there only R24" on the bows. And they are VERY expensive.