PDA

View Full Version : Carnage in 2 1/2 days

Dodgy Ed
22-03-2006, 13:41
Oh yes Carnage rolls around again and a member of this illustrious board decides he wants to take Tomb kings to the tournament, not a problem you might think but this is the current state of the army...
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Dodgy_Ed/Carnage/thebase.jpg

Yet another speed painting challenge bought to you by Gortex Gunnerson(he provides the booze) and Dodgy Ed(I do the painting). Updates to follow, hopefully it will all be assembled and base coated by tonight, unless of course we decide to catch a movie or go out for a quiet drink or two

Crube
22-03-2006, 13:44
Not again guys...

You did this last time, and came out with a really nice looking army...

Mind you, will be nice to see some TKs at a tournament for a change...

Rabid Bunny 666
22-03-2006, 14:16
the magic power of INKWASH!

this is going to be fun, like mission impossible 1, seemingly impossible, but ends nicely

Dodgy Ed
22-03-2006, 14:17
Well it's a bit different this time, got at least 2 days to finish them this time ;)

Anyhow, just about everything is now assembled, god damn tomb scorpions are a bitch to put together:mad: , just basing them now.

The Dragon Reborn
22-03-2006, 14:20
wow, good freaking luck!
what aremy were you originally gonig to bring?
what colors are you going with?
are you going to dip?
this is a fun thread wow

Dodgy Ed
22-03-2006, 14:34
I was and still am taking dwarfs, gortex on the other hand can never make up his mind until the week (or last year the day) before the tournament.
as to the rest of your questions,
colours; blue, white, gold and bone
dipping; nah not this time I don't really feel like trying an entirely new technique just days before the tourny.

ZAChos
22-03-2006, 15:51
Good luck to you.

God speed.

Other generic motivational phrase.

Dodgy Ed
23-03-2006, 10:46
Update time,
Why oh why did we think it was a good idea to catch a movie at six and then go to the pub for a quiet drink, which somehow trnasforms into getting back to my place something past four this morning, in a state not conducive to painting toy soldiers:cries:

Anyhow, to paint today:
8 Chariots including Setra
12 Skelly bowmen
10 Skelly cav
4 Ushabti
2 Tomb Scorpions
and a 4 base tomb swarm

plus assorted characters.

Crube
23-03-2006, 10:47
You see, that's what I meant...

Paint, paint, paint for all you're worth dammit...

Keep going :D

Dodgy Ed
23-03-2006, 10:59
Test Model, quite happy with it considering its a 5 min job
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Dodgy_Ed/Carnage/first.jpg

C'n'C welcome but may well be ignored this time due to time constraints

devolutionary
23-03-2006, 11:01
Fancy pants! Take care of flash, super thin chestnut wash, you'll be rockin. Gotta love skellies and gold :D

Crube
23-03-2006, 11:01
Does the job doesnt it.

Is it white drybrushed over black, or what?

stahly
23-03-2006, 11:04
Be aware of the moldlines (the trumpet). No matter how high the standard of the painting is, mold lines ruin it all.

gortexgunnerson
23-03-2006, 16:08
As the cause of this last minute painting rush I thought I should post something, and as per my realisation a few momnets ago the army actually needs some more models and abit of conversion work to make sure everyone has bows lol.

But at least we had 2 days this time last year for this tournment Dodgy_Ed managaed to do

18 Greatswords
15 archers
4 characters
16 swordsmen
crew for 4 artillery pieces

Between 8 in the evening and the following morning. During this evening we were using a heater for drying to decrease drying time which worked a treat till we melted the bases on one of the artillery crews. Despite this the army was actually pretty good and a few of the characters were actually pretty damn good. Am hoping for a repeat performance this year :)

Now paint man, paint like the wind

Dodgy Ed
23-03-2006, 20:21
Update time,
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Dodgy_Ed/Carnage/PIC_0023.jpg
As you can see all the basic troops are done now, and let me assure you IRL they look a damn sight better than this hideous pic, harsh lighting and flash don't produce the most flattering result:(

Oh well back to the grind, I really need to finish the carrion and the Ushabti tonight

precinctomega
23-03-2006, 20:24
Holy $#!, that's fast painting. I love the sandy bases, too. I'd like Gortex to tell me how Ed does them, because if Ed tells me, it means he's not painting.

Get to it, man!

R.

Dodgy Ed
23-03-2006, 20:30
Lol, Ahh just takin some time out to eat at the moment, the sand bases are really easy, just sand coated with (unsuprisingly) desert earth followed by a drybrush of bleached bone et voila

@Crube, close the white is actually white spray misted over a black undercoat, a technique I use on my tanks and Valhallans

Kotobuki
23-03-2006, 21:01
Lookin great there. Wish i could paint that quick. I just spent the last 6 hours painting 4 Men at arms.

Yorkiebar
23-03-2006, 21:24
The mounted test model is great considering the time it was done in, but FOR THE LOVE OF WARSEER REMOVE MOULD LINES BEFORE PAINTING!

Dodgy Ed
23-03-2006, 22:16
My god the updates just fly in thick and fast don't they
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Dodgy_Ed/Carnage/PIC_0025.jpg

I think the batteries in the camera are getting tired, the focus is starting to go

Oh and Yorkiebar I KNOW MOULD LINES ARE EVIL:p I just didn't pick up on it till I took the pic, it has now been sorted

Crube
23-03-2006, 22:22
Looking good...

Just a couple of small points..

The base on the one on the right looks different to the others

and

the other bases look a little untidy (harsh perhaps). Maybe better to paint the edges the same as the surface, rather than leaving them black?

Still - impressive work...

gortexgunnerson
24-03-2006, 12:50
What no more updates, anyone would think someone had given you an near impossible amount of painting to do today lol :)

Dodgy Ed
24-03-2006, 17:14
Hallelujah It's done, not sure if there's enough juice in the camera for pics tho'

Oh well just need to write my army background and list now

<edit Now with pics>
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Dodgy_Ed/Carnage/PIC_0028.jpg

TiltinTim
24-03-2006, 21:25
You are amazing. Some better pics would be cool.:D

stahly
24-03-2006, 21:26
Unbelievable.

Kodamas
24-03-2006, 22:26
Well done! Well done indeed. Thats a fantastic achievement now hopefully they will perform well at the tourny. Good luck!

Echos

Warboss Garfang
25-03-2006, 01:03
Wow, insanely awesome job there man.

Scorpio
25-03-2006, 03:32
Damn i know I cant paint that fast...
Insane job.

-Scorpio

Dodgy Ed
25-03-2006, 03:33
Well in order to celeberate such an 'achievement' I've just staggered in from the local late bar, where I left gortex merrily chatting up one of the regulars (curse the bus timetable:mad: ). So thanks to all who commented, and woooo first time one of my threads has been rated. I'll get some better pics next week, finally

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN CARNAGE

oh and apologies to whoever has to play us first, the hangover might have kicked in...

PS spelling & grammar will be corrected when sober