PDA

View Full Version : Artwork Ideas???

Greendragon
09-02-2011, 14:37
I'm an artist just starting out with Warhammer and am interested in creating artworks based upon the characters and stories of this world. Considering me and my partner are starting in a business, selling minniatures, hobby supplies and yes, artwork, I suppose I should know what people want.

So there you are - if you were looking for artwork based upon Warhammer.... what would you look for?? I'm good at landscapes, but can turn my hand to anything really, if given time. What's your opinion on Warhammer artwork and what would you like to see created?

Exitas-Acta-Probat
09-02-2011, 15:35
well im no expert but the artwork in alot of the rulebooks is rather imppressive, especially the older books. very dark. very gritty.
maybe you could garner some inspiration from them?

Greendragon
09-02-2011, 16:47
well im no expert but the artwork in alot of the rulebooks is rather imppressive, especially the older books. very dark. very gritty.
maybe you could garner some inspiration from them?

I do like the artwork in the rulebooks, especially the Skaven, very dark and impressive. However, i work predominantly with acrylics, and am not so hot with pencil, monochrommatic artworks. Are there any particular battles or characters you think people would want to see painted?

Jaraknarn
09-02-2011, 22:11
Macragge!!! Macragge!!!

Only joking, take a look at a thread on here called 30k in 60 minutes, little glimpses into the battle for Terra would make a few cool paintings.

Space battles are some things not heavily covered in the codexi, Epic space battles with pristine planet backdrops anyone?

Exitas-Acta-Probat
10-02-2011, 15:51
ah yes - that makes me think of an old warp rift the last page was an epic picture of an emperor battleship crumping a chaos light cruiser!

Greendragon
28-06-2012, 05:08
Thanks for the ideas guys. Emma (the creator of this thread through my account) is very happy and inspired. She's knocked up two pieces so far just to test the water... But the REAL meat and bones is coming soon as she is working on an artists impression of the Warhammer world map, something 40k related and something with a fracking dragon in it =D

Here is her latest piece

juddski
08-07-2012, 10:48
looking good GD