PDA

View Full Version : Strength in Numbers vs. Death Magic

ce13
10-02-2011, 00:15
For the spell Spirit Leach in lore of death is the leadership value used with rank bonus or not for skaven with Strength in Numbers. For weapon teams would they use the parent unit's leadership?

jaxom
10-02-2011, 00:20
SiN does not modify Unmodifier Leadership. That's the whole point of the most recent FAQs. Steadfast is not Unmodified so SiN works there but it does not apply to spells like Spirit Leech.

There is no provision in the new Skaven book for allowing a Weapons Team to use any leadership but its own.

Necromancy Black
10-02-2011, 03:17
As above, Spirit Leech goes on unmodified leadership. SiN modifies the models leadership, therefore you can not use SiN against spirit Leech or anything else that goes by unmodified leadership.

wyvirn
10-02-2011, 03:32
SiN does not modify Unmodifier Leadership. That's the whole point of the most recent FAQs. Steadfast is not Unmodified so SiN works there but it does not apply to spells like Spirit Leech.

There is no provision in the new Skaven book for allowing a Weapons Team to use any leadership but its own.

Break checks use modified LD, but steadfast does not. It uses the unmodified LD as per p54, brb.
I find it funny that skaven who lose by one or two but out number the opponent might be testing on the lower LD...

Trodger87
10-02-2011, 04:53
Errata
Page 54 – Steadfast
Change the first paragraph to “If a defeated unit has more
ranks than its enemy, it takes a Break test without applying the
difference in the combat result scores.” Change the fourth
paragraph to “Steadfast units don’t apply the difference in
combat result scores to Break tests.”

Not "unmodified LD" for steadfast

Chris_
10-02-2011, 06:04
Break checks use modified LD, but steadfast does not. It uses the unmodified LD as per p54, brb.
I find it funny that skaven who lose by one or two but out number the opponent might be testing on the lower LD...No, this has been changed. See the BRB FAQ for details. Steadfast now lets you ignore the penalty received from Combat Resolution and not the "test on Unmodified Leadership."

Anyway, this has been argued several times. My stance is a definite no. Because a) SiN according to RAW works only on Ld-tests and b) SiN modifies Ld

Mid'ean
10-02-2011, 12:42
Anyway, this has been argued several times. My stance is a definite no. Because a) SiN according to RAW works only on Ld-tests and b) SiN modifies Ld

And you forgot c) spirit leech is not a test......:D

Chris_
10-02-2011, 13:33
And you forgot c) spirit leech is not a test......:DThat was kinda the argument in a)...

wyvirn
10-02-2011, 22:02
Ahh, i see it now.