PDA

View Full Version : Lustria Hates Ogres

branchwrath
22-03-2006, 15:48
I played a lustria campaign last summer and have to say: Lustria rules are horrible for Ogres...

In particular the weird mushroom thing. If affected my unit had to take a leadership test (it was 3 bulls with a butcher so only ld7) lo and behold I fail it. So what happens? d3 sX hits? d3 wounds even? NO 'removed 1d6 MODELS from the unit'

Out of no where my entire unit dissapeared.

I don't think I actually even won a game in that campaign Yet it was almost always the terrein beating me, NOT my opponent :wtf:

Anybody else think the Lustria rules didn't quite take every army into consideraton?

Cheers

gortexgunnerson
22-03-2006, 15:54
They didnt take any army into consideration except the 2 playing lol. Only armies which can ignore terrain really had any chance of doing well. Gunline and combat armies were at horrible disadvantages

jansenm
22-03-2006, 20:50
'removed 1d6 MODELS from the unit'

Out of no where my entire unit dissapeared.

Cheers

I think that is stupid, It should just be wounds, even that is pretty harsh for an ogre.
personally I would let you get away with d6 wounds. otherwise it is majorly unfair

Avian
24-03-2006, 09:00
It should be mentioned that 2 of my 5 losses with my Ogre army have been under the Lustria rules, fighting against opponents who got way too many advantages from them.

For our Lustria campaign we did the following:

- Mushrooms altered to be the same as a Banshee scream (roll 2D6+2 and subtract Leadership. If the result is greater than 0, lose that many wounds and become Immune to Psychology (Frenzy for Night Goblins). Does not affect ItP units)
- some other encounters altered (quicksand with a -1 save modifier, both of the "all models in unit" encounters allow Look out, sir, if enough models survive)
- models in Loose order do NOT skirmish. They ignore terran penalties and get no rank bonus but otherwise stay ranked. Units may swap formation types at the start OR end of the movement phase and need a standard to get no penalty

Link to modified campaign rules (http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/trondhammer/docs/Jungle_fighting.doc), designed to work together with my Scenario generator (see link in sig)

branchwrath
24-03-2006, 15:58
Yeah Lustria in general really seemed to just be a playground for LM players...As appropriate fluff wise that may be, it just wasn't very fun for anyone else...