10 Archers
Musician 115pts

10 Archers
Musician 115pts

2 Bolt Throwers 200pts

5 x Dragon Princes
Full Command 200pts

1996 pts

Hey im looking to start using my High elves again, and will be playing a few competitive games soon so need a pretty decent list!
Anything sudgested will be appriciated,

Riocard
10-02-2011, 21:37
Your mage looks fine but your BSB should have some defensive items to survive better instead of a magic banner. Standard load out nowadays is a Great Weapon, Armor of Caledor and Guardian Phoenix. Give the Banner of Sorcery to your Phoenix Guard. Further i would probably drop a unit of Spearelves and increase the size of the other unit and the size of both Archer units. Spare points you should invest in the Banner of Ellyrion for your DPs and a Great Eagle. A Banner of Eternal Flame is a good investment too if you are going to meet regenerating stuff.

W A L 5 H Y
10-02-2011, 23:15
Thanks Riocard some very good ideas there. How big would you suddgest i make the spear unit and the archers? I like all the ideas tho, is one eagle going to be enough, or do you think ill need to take two?

immortal git
11-02-2011, 00:52
one eagle will get killed, you need two so that one can die and one can kill a warmachine or two, i wouldnt reccommend using two bolt throwers, or any for that matter, i have played, erm, 6 games now and it has only performed well in one where it killed quite a few brett knights, units of ten archers will... not do much, soo with these points...white lions? swordmasters?

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
11-02-2011, 04:57
2000 Points High Elves

Archmage Lv 4
Folaraiths Robe , Dispell Scroll, Loremasters Cloak 360pts

Battle Standard Bearer
Great Weapon, Dragon Armour, Banner Of scorcery 174pts

24 Spearmen
Full Command 241pts

24 Spearmen
Full Command 241pts

20 Pheonix Guard
Full Command, 330pts

10 Archers
Musician 115pts

10 Archers
Musician 115pts

2 Bolt Throwers 200pts

5 x Dragon Princes
Full Command 200pts

1996 pts

Hey im looking to start using my High elves again, and will be playing a few competitive games soon so need a pretty decent list!
Anything sudgested will be appriciated,

Just a couple points:

1) Keep the core point total to 500 pts. as at 2000 pts. you'll need your special choices to win the majority of CQB engagements. That being said you already have 2 RBT for reliable shooting attacks so I'd dump the archers and get some White Lions or Swordmasters for some additional close combat punch.

2) You should mount the BSB on a barded elven steed if you give him a magic banner to give him a better armor save. It's too easy to take him out on foot with your current setup so I'd put him on a steed mount and attach him to your Dragon Princes.