PDA

View Full Version : Woodelf magic items and other...

Tancred II von Quenelles
30-05-2005, 10:22
sprites

one is worth of X points and giwes terror. It s called terror smth and is fond of frightening lonely trawelers, the sprite with the worst charekter who brings frightrned men todeathtraps, while they are ruhhing from terror.
all other sprites are X points and are different missles. Some of them can pick out a charakter in aunit e.t.c.

Elwes may hawe up to 1 sprite per heroe, Treemanlord\dryadheroe any number points allow.
you may not have duplicate sprites in your army.

Sprites are spirits of the fofest. They are capricious creatures easy to anger and can help a human to leawe the forest or bring him to his doom in a marsh or somewhere else. They look like little balls of energy, but cah take shapr of a little elf, owl, frog or a strange
creature.

Sprites are very territorial creatures. Sprites live under hills or theeroutes, Loren is full of them. Sometimes sprites liwe in gnarled Treemen or dryada and ewen accompany elves they like. All those are host-homes for sprtes, so they stealall that lies bad and bring it to their hosts. They defend hosts like homes and attak anyone who approches to their host or dwelling, if they consider them dangerous.

Soon more news :)

The Pale Lady
30-05-2005, 10:40
Cool!!! They sound a little weird, but could be quite fun to characterise your army with and make them a little different.

Galonthar
30-05-2005, 10:41
hmm.. intresting,...

are those sprites purchased as magic items, or as something else?,...
(it could compensate the rumourd lack of powerfull magic weapons / armours)

Tancred II von Quenelles
30-05-2005, 11:19
There are 9 different sprites in total. Yes, they come from m.i. pts. allowance.

Tancred II von Quenelles
30-05-2005, 11:37
Elwen kindreds

Elwes are united by kindreds. These are not clans, but way of life. Elwes sometimes fight each other for hunting grounds or for other reason.

Kindred upgrades do not come from m.i. allowance, but like steeds e.t.c.

bsb may not be from any kindred and looses his longbow. Only 1 kindred for mages.

Eternal kindred - e. guard weweapons, always on foot, must be in a unit of e.g. (it becomes stubborn if goined by prience or heroe or bsb. X pts for lord, X for heroe.

wardancer kindreed becomes wardancer,wardancer weapons, no magic armour and knows all shadowdances of Loes, but must perform the same dances as the unit he is with.

scout - scout

waywatcher - all rules of waywatchers apply, may not use magic arrows or bows.

alter - mad elwes. liwe alone and do not mix with any kindred includind their, but consider themselwes a kindred. may not goin any unit.

Wildriders - retinue of Orion and are forestspirits, must ride a horse or White Stag (born by a worestdragon caught by an Alter, who was very lusty - joke :D ), demonic ward, may goin forestspirits but may not goin elves

kindred may be joined only by mages Same as wildriders, but unicorn instead of White Stag.

Odin
30-05-2005, 12:33
waywatcher - all rules of waywatchers apply, may not use magic arrows or bows.

Are you sure it's not just that they don't get the S4 and Killing Blow if they are using magic bows or arrows? Seems strange that theyr'e not allowed them.

Wildriders - retinue of Orion and are forestspirits, must ride a horse or White Stag (born by a worestdragon caught by an Alter, who was very lusty - joke ), demonic ward, may goin forestspirits but may not goin elves

The Wild Riders are forest spirits, not elves? I thought they were an elite version of the Glade Riders.

Il Magno
30-05-2005, 12:50
Any news on the spirits? What kind of abilities they have and how much they cost?
I hope you could tell something more...... :)
Sorry again, but what does it mean IIRC?

Arctic Angel
30-05-2005, 13:52
Sorry again, but what does it mean IIRC?

If I remember correctly.

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 14:57
Nice.

Thanks for this info, If you dont mind me asking where did you get it from.

Tancred II von Quenelles
30-05-2005, 15:29
More news later. All it I ve got from a copy of the book (there was only rules section, no background or rules for special charecters :cries: . I had 3-4 hours to read it and to remember some info. If you need certain infoabout rules - ask me, I ll try to confirm info. All info I tell is correct.

Tancred II von Quenelles
30-05-2005, 15:33
Yes wildriders are treated as forestspirits. They ride steeds, have demonic ward, S4, light armour and spears and cause fear on charge if have a musician (they get him for no points)

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 15:39
WOHO

Thanks for that. He stag riders now appeal to me much more than the did before.

Eh do you suppose you could Pm with as much info as you could remeber please.

Frankly
30-05-2005, 16:07
WoW!

Excellent job.

Al Neherim
30-05-2005, 16:10
@Tancred II von Quenelles
How are the two different armies working?
Is it like Chaos that if you choose an elven general all spirits are Special or something similar or are there two completely different army lists like Lizardmen and Southland list?
If so, are there any units excluded from one of the lists?

ghost21
30-05-2005, 16:58
the books finished??

i only heard yesterday that it was still in the rules test phase but with recent reports that the army deal will be avaliable to pre order the tenth of aug its looking sceptical

Xxcha
30-05-2005, 17:41
What about the tree-men, we havn't heard much about them. Any info?

Narandil
30-05-2005, 18:04
Are waywatchers still rare? what about the eternal guard and wild riders? are archers now glade guard meaning that former glade guard no longer exist?

Odin
30-05-2005, 18:15
i only heard yesterday that it was still in the rules test phase but with recent reports that the army deal will be avaliable to pre order the tenth of aug its looking sceptical

Oh, I think the rules have been finished for several months already. They're just gearing up to the big release and making sure they've got enough models cast and books printed.

Avian
30-05-2005, 20:16
What I've heard:

Are waywatchers still rare?
Yes.

what about the eternal guard
Core if you have a Higborn (fighter lord), not sure what happens if you don't have one...

and wild riders?
Special

are archers now glade guard meaning that former glade guard no longer exist?
Yes and yes.

Brandir
30-05-2005, 20:25
Good info.

If I understand it correctly these sprites will allow one to customise one's heroes?

Scactha
31-05-2005, 09:34
Tancred. What is this with the 'Lonely Hero' court? Never ever heard about it before. A M9 fighty upgrade for an elf? Seems just weird. You sure about that?

And the biggest question I think: are Dryads Skirmish or not?

Brandir
31-05-2005, 09:51
And does anyone know if those two stalwarts of Wood Elf magic are still around:

Bow of Loren

Hail of Doom Arrow

Odin
31-05-2005, 11:47
Tancred. What is this with the 'Lonely Hero' court? Never ever heard about it before. A M9 fighty upgrade for an elf? Seems just weird. You sure about that?

Sounds like the old style beastmasters, who could change into bears, wild cats etc.

Galonthar
31-05-2005, 11:49
And does anyone know if those two stalwarts of Wood Elf magic are still around:

Bow of Loren

Hail of Doom Arrow

and what about that schield?,... "schield of Ptolos"I think it was called... :eyebrows:

Lion El Jason
31-05-2005, 13:20
Well Ptolos was an empire wizard so I recon WE shouldn't get his shield.

I hope both the BoL and the HoDA are in the list.

Galonthar
31-05-2005, 13:39
Well Ptolos was an empire wizard so I recon WE shouldn't get his shield.

I hope both the BoL and the HoDA are in the list.

huh?,.... now this IS strange..... for in the warahmmer cronicles 2003 (the thing which includes the teporary WE army list), there`s a "schield of Ptolos" item,......a schield wth a 1+ save against arrow fire...

but I didn`t know that Ptolos is an Empire wizzie,...in that case,....I wouldn`t want that thing,.... even if it is a quite powerfull item... (sry,.. but I hate the humies.. :evilgrin: )

Puppyblue
31-05-2005, 13:54
Shield of Ptolos sure sounds WE tho. Maybe thats what they were going off and if they'd realized he was a human wizard they'll change it to krounos or something similar.

What I'm going to miss most isn't the BoL Or HoDA but the hunting spear. rumours all point to that being taken out of the WE magic items. Hopefully this means they'll let us keep the other two...

Galonthar
31-05-2005, 16:24
euhm... stupid little question,...

what do you people mean with BoL and HoDA...????

Jedi152
31-05-2005, 16:27
euhm... stupid little question,...

what do you people mean with BoL and HoDA...????
Ta Da...! BoL = Bow of Loren, HoDA = Hail of Doom Aroow.

Galonthar
31-05-2005, 18:35
Ta Da...! BoL = Bow of Loren, HoDA = Hail of Doom Aroow.

OMFG!,..... DA bow of loren.......and hail of doom arrow.....
LIGHT!! how could I ever forget,....

Kurnous,... you may kick me for that,.. :cries:

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 18:35
So, the rules are in my hands ;) I hope i hawe time to write all of them, but I ll be absent for a week. Note, i hawe no background (only that is written on the sides of armylyst section as in W40K Codexes.

Il Magno
31-05-2005, 18:39
Please could you tell us more about magic items and spirites?
I will be very pleased.
Thanks in advice

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 19:03
It s hard to write in my situation (aggressive parents), but I start.
Woodelwes call themselwes Asrai.
All their units treat forests as normal terrain.
Woodland ambush Place extra wood ^6^ in diametr anywhere on their half.
Asrai archery - no -1 to hit for mowement.

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 19:14
[Edited for posting the army book]

Narandil
31-05-2005, 19:20
are wild riders the "heavy cavalry" or is that tree-kin? will there be a forest spirit swarm?

Slyracoon
31-05-2005, 19:24
Just to put to bed an argument that's been going on for a while; are Dryads S3 or S4?

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 19:45
Please could you tell us more about magic items and spirites?
I will be very pleased.
Thanks in advice
later -too much of them. First - armylist, then - kindreds, sprites and m.i.

Special unitswardancer troupe(ws6) 5-15, 18pts, bladesinger +14, mus +7pts
skirmish, shadow dances of Loec -nin 5th edition - HElven god of tricks ang laughter, steals elveh souls from stupid gods of Chaos.
whirling death - Killind blow
Storm of blades - +1a
The Shadows coil - 4+ ward
Wowen mist - -1 a for dancers, but they strike first.

immune to psih

Wardancer Weapons - swords, glaiwes and doublehanded, but treat them all as +1a, +1str. on charge.

talismanic tatoos - 6+ ward, M.R. 1

Warhawk riders
3-12, 40 pts, wind rider =20pts(2A)

Flying cawalery(6+) armour, hit and run (as Terradons), spear and longbow.

Wild riders of Kurnos 5+
26 pts, ws5, str4, bodyguard of Orion, elwen steeds, L.Armour and spears. mus for free (while he isaliwe - fear on charge - Wildhunt rule), std. and Wild Hunter +18 pts
magic banner up to 50pts

forest spirits, talismanoc tatoos, fast.caw, The Fury of Kurnos - on any round of hth when did not charge +1 attak

treekin - 65pts, 3-12 per unit

ws4, T,T - 6, W,I,A - 3, ld8, Elder +20 pts
flamable, F.S, fear, Scaly skin 4+

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 19:47
Just to put to bed an argument that's been going on for a while; are Dryads S3 or S4?
ws,s,t - 4, m5(as treekinand treeman),a2, Ld8, I6

Narandil
31-05-2005, 19:56
can you tell me ALL the troop types please

The Pale Lady
31-05-2005, 20:01
If you really have the army book, can you please post some info on Orion?

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 20:03
rare
1greateagle per slot
DoW
strange words that hey can ally with brets, but no rules(mayby alternate list in an appendix or in wait fir allied contingents?) - on pictures wild and warhawk riders with horns which decorate their heads, bret knight and greateagle fighting side by side against orcs in a wood

treeman

wAYWATCHERS

*edit by Sylass*
From now on, please be a bit more careful with posting stuff like this. It's breaking GW's copyright. Generally they aren't that happy with leaked armybook information like this. If possible we'd prefer to avoid fighting off their lawyers...

Saying something along the lines of "Treeman will be similar to Giants, just with 1 more point of S & T..." is always less harfull than posting statlines.

Whole statlines are definatey a no-no.

Thanks.

Slyracoon
31-05-2005, 20:03
ws,s,t - 4, m5(as treekinand treeman),a2, Ld8, I6
Thanks for the confirmation, there goes my plan for a pure elf army! This is looking like a list with very few dud entries, which makes me very happy indeed. After all, that's how all armies should be: every unit a valid choice.

Brandir
31-05-2005, 20:05
All this is good, but are we breaching GW copyright?

Lord Setra
31-05-2005, 20:06
Thanks for the info mate. very much appreciated.

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 20:07
If you really have the army book, can you please post some info on Orion?
I hawe only armylist, magic items, sprites and courtsrules. No background or sp. chars - i hope to grt them, butnot earlyer then in 3 weeks :(

Lux
31-05-2005, 20:13
so, first thank you so much, how can i Thank you for teh much Informations?

Please go one with the Heroes/Lords and the Magical things (spririts, Items etc.)

samw
31-05-2005, 20:17
I don't think we're breaking copyright, I mean no-ones gonna not buy the book because of this thread.

BlackRose
31-05-2005, 20:22
Do the treekin really have S and T 6 ???
And what about th eMagic Items ;) ... I can't waint :D

Darkjeys
31-05-2005, 20:27
Is the profile/cost for the great eagle is the same than others ?

thanks for this great informations !

Brandir
31-05-2005, 20:27
I don't think we're breaking copyright, I mean no-ones gonna not buy the book because of this thread.

That does not matter I'm afraid. Quoting so much from the army book is beyond 'fair use' and clearly breaches copyright.

May I suggest that no more posts are made containing stat lines?

Lux
31-05-2005, 20:32
is he allowed to post Items Spirits and so on? If yes, come on, do it! :D ;)

Lord Setra
31-05-2005, 20:39
Yeah he should be allowed to post them, its just we are nto really meant to post stats.

Aelorien Darkthorn
31-05-2005, 20:41
Can you verify the upgrading of glade guard archers to scouts? Do they really lose the S4 shot at short range?

Are dryads core no matter who is the general?

Brandir
31-05-2005, 20:43
Can you verify the upgrading of glade guard archers to scouts? Do they really lose the S4 shot at short range?

Are dryads core no matter who is the general?

Please don't encourage people to breach GW's copyright!

Lord Setra
31-05-2005, 20:45
Brandir Im quite sure you can post descritptions just not stats.

Pertinax
31-05-2005, 21:13
Tancred II von Quenelles. I would like to remind you that posting rules, stats, points etc is against the forum rules.

I would consider this thread a breach of that, if it was not for the fact that this is, to my knowledge, unconfirmed.

Please bear that in mind in the future.

Thanks.

Brimstone
31-05-2005, 21:15
Brandir Im quite sure you can post descritptions just not stats.

But you don't make that decision we do. As you can see this thread is under a lot of scrutiny so be very very carful about what everybody posts.

The Portent Inquisition.

Tancred II von Quenelles
31-05-2005, 21:23
First - excuses if I did wrong :eek: :confused: :)
Eagles ere the same, but 1 per rare slot.
S4 shost at short range is only for GG, nobody else can do it.

Lord Setra
31-05-2005, 21:24
But you don't make that decision we do. As you can see this thread is under a lot of scrutiny so be very very carful about what everybody posts.

The Portent Inquisition.

I was just stating a point brimstone, if I was wrong I apologise and if I was out of place again, sorry.

Inquisitor Engel
31-05-2005, 21:32
First - excuses if I did wrong :eek: :confused: :)
Eagles ere the same, but 1 per rare slot.
S4 shost at short range is only for GG, nobody else can do it.

Umm... in case you haven't noticed, we're not in the mood to be picked on by GW. Take the hint. Regard this as your final warning.

I'm closing this thread.

The [Pending] Inquisition