PDA

View Full Version : I love Giants. Lots and lots of Giants.

Getifa Ubazza
13-02-2011, 09:58
Concerning the 8th edition selection of units.

I would like to use the Giants of Albion in my Orge army and while I never expect to play a game big enough to do this, I wanted to know if I used the Giants of Albion, would I still be able to include 2 Slave Giants?

Thanks

Haravikk
13-02-2011, 11:51
Albion Giants are a separate unit entry from Slave Giants, so they don't count towards the hard limit on units of the same type.

The problem is that Dogs of War aren't officially allowed in armies anymore, which means that in order to field them at tournaments you'll have to use them as Slave Giants. However for friendly games, so long as your opponent agrees to the use of their rules, then there should be no problem.

Mr_Rose
13-02-2011, 11:53
Concerning the 8th edition selection of units.

I would like to use the Giants of Albion in my Orge army and while I never expect to play a game big enough to do this, I wanted to know if the Giants of Albion counting as 1 single choice, means I can take no more than 2 Slave Giants or if they count as seperate Giants, meaning I can only include 1 Slave Giant? Better still, they are not Slave Giants, so does that mean I could Have them and 3 Slave Giants?

Thanks
Why would you ever be able to take 3 giants? They're Rare aren't they?

But for the meat of your question, the "slot limits" are for entries in army books; the albion giants are their own entry, yes? then taking them does not impinge on any other limits. It's like how a chaos army can have five spawn; two twice from the regular listing and one Scyla because he's a different unit.

Getifa Ubazza
13-02-2011, 12:02
Why would you ever be able to take 3 giants? They're Rare aren't they?

I thought it was 3 max of any type of unit. Is the limit 2 of any type for rare? I just assumed it was 3, like special choices.

Mr_Rose
13-02-2011, 12:03
I thought it was 3 max of any type of unit. Is the limit 2 of any type for rare? I just assumed it was 3, like special choices.
3 special, 2 rare. They're supposed to be, well, rare, yes?

Getifa Ubazza
13-02-2011, 12:11
3 special, 2 rare. They're supposed to be, well, rare, yes?Oh yeah! :o So The Giants of Albion and 2 Slave Giants would be legal in a friendly game, with opponents permission. Cool.

Thank you Haravikk and Mr_Rose.

Dante blackfur
14-02-2011, 00:15
3 special, 2 rare. They're supposed to be, well, rare, yes?

Thats true, unless you play a game of at least 3k. then you can have 6 special and 4 rare. :) then you could have 4 giants and your albion (W/ opponents permission of course.)

Lord of Divine Slaughter
14-02-2011, 11:07
Oh yeah! :o So The Giants of Albion and 2 Slave Giants would be legal in a friendly game, with opponents permission. Cool.

So would mounting a giant, dual-wielding hellblasters on the back of a Star Dragon for that matter ;)

Dante blackfur
14-02-2011, 17:28
So would mounting a giant, dual-wielding hellblasters on the back of a Star Dragon for that matter ;)

That I would LOVE to see. :p :evilgrin:

Getifa Ubazza
14-02-2011, 20:01
That I would LOVE to see. :p :evilgrin:As would I. That would be awesome. Were Regiments of Renown always opponents permission?

In order to field my Albion Giants and 2 Slave Giants, I would need to be playing at least 3500pts. To add the other 2 Slave Giants I would need to be playing at least 5000pts and just don't have the ability to play games of that size.

With opponents permission, I could just take an army of nothing but Giants. Now that would be fun. Although I would probably get owned pretty fast. :D

Malorian
14-02-2011, 20:05
I remember a two part battle they did on the GW website where one side was nothing but giants (this is when the latest one came out).

Maybe just recreate that mission.

Getifa Ubazza
14-02-2011, 20:29
I remember a two part battle they did on the GW website where one side was nothing but giants (this is when the latest one came out).

Maybe just recreate that mission.Thanks Malorian, I will see if I can find that online.