PDA

View Full Version : Birth of a second Emperor?

Aedes
16-02-2011, 06:11
The Emperor was a naturally born human, but with impressive psychic powers and long living.
What are the chances of a SECOND individual like this be born? It cant be that bad-- there were 10000 years since the Great crusade, a millions of worlds have been colonised by humans, and the human population is billions upon billions.
There should be a good statistical chance of another powerful psycher existing out there!

Imagine this new Emperor did really exist--
would he be able to rescue humanity in the 41st millenium?
Like the emperor has tried?
Would he learn from the emperors mistakes?
Or would he also fail?

Would somebody (maybe the inquisition) be able to stop him?
(although if he was really as strong as the emperor, I doubt it)

Iuris
16-02-2011, 06:36
A question I have been wondering about myself.

I spotted two issues. First, while we know that the Shamans who acrificed themselves to create the Emperor numbered in the thousands, we do not know how powerful they were. Possibly each shaman was far above a normal psyker, explaining why humanity hasn't produced more.

Second, possibly the calmness of the warp of those days was important. Or, to be more specific: in a calm warp, the first dead soul is released, waits calmly for the second, the third and so on and soon they are quite a power on their own. In the warp nowadays, warp predators would immediately notice the plentiful supply of souls and go for the feast far before the nascent warp entity would be ready to defend itself.

Regardless of all this, the reaction of the Imperium would be a mixed one. The imperium has a prophet born every second, so a REAL new emperor would be nothing new in a sea of emperor claimants. Also, he'd essentially be an alpha plus level psyker, of which we have a few.

In other words... unless he would strike DAMN lucky to have the Ecclesiarchy latch on to him as a living saint, he'd be off to a rough start, likely first spotted by the nearest Inquisitorial acolyte cell... and if those didn't die REALLY fast, soon, he'd have a Hereticus task force knocking on his door. And if they fail...a world with an uncontrolled alpha+ psyker on it is quite soon going to be up for exterminatus evaluation...

Inquisitor Engel
16-02-2011, 06:44
Sebastian Thor was as close as you can come to this.

Charax
16-02-2011, 07:06
The Emperor was a naturally born human, but with impressive psychic powers and long living.

What are the chances of a SECOND individual like this be born?

umm...no he wasn't. the birth of the Emperor was the culmination of a sequence of events involving premonition, ritual sacrifice and reincarnation. he's pretty damn far from being "human".

and the birth of Slaanesh made reincarnation almost impossible. the circumstances that led to the Emperor's creation will never exist again.

Iuris
16-02-2011, 14:12
Actually, he WAS born. Shamans sacrificed themselves and a year later, the Emperor was born. As in, of a woman and all.

Kildash
16-02-2011, 14:18
Actually, he WAS born. Shamans sacrificed themselves and a year later, the Emperor was born. As in, of a woman and all.

Imagine your wife giving birth, spreading her legs and a bright white light erupting from her genital area... that'd be pretty odd ;)

[lexus]
16-02-2011, 16:06
Nope, not gonna happen. The birth of the Emperor wasnt just some random chance thing, it was deliberately done by a whole bunch of shamans who deliberately committed suicide so they could reincarnate as the Emperor.

And even A level psykers come nowhere near the power of the Emperor. And those guys can destroy an entire planet if they are not careful.

Bonzai
16-02-2011, 16:43
The answer is no, it can't happen again. The better question is, can the Emperor reincarnate if the Golden Throne fails? Is the Emperor strong enough to fend off the chaos gods to do it? Is there enough worship of him to form him into a warp entity? If he is able to over come all that, he might be able to re-incarnate himself.

If that happens, then his only chance at 100% reclaiming his position is with the Primarchs. Perhaps he is able to venture into Macragge, heal Guileman, and convince him that he is who he says he is. From there he can reclaim his empire.

Chem-Dog
16-02-2011, 16:44
Imagine your wife giving birth, spreading her legs and a bright white light erupting from her genital area... that'd be pretty odd ;)

To be brutally honest, it's pretty odd to witness anyway.:eek:

LexxBomb
16-02-2011, 16:57
star child...
enough said if your a long beard

chromedog
16-02-2011, 23:25
That would be the big E reborn in human flesh.
It's kinda one of those RT myth things. Like the sensei.
It's never been directly retconned, but it isn't really talked about anymore, either.
Rather like Space marines being inducted from the most dangerous hive gangers and violent criminals (not somehow Alpha males who have reached their ideals before the onset of puberty).

For the Eldar, reincarnation is an impossibility after the birth of Slaanesh (before the fall, there was no such thing as true death for them - Eldar physical bodies could die, but their souls were still very much intact and conscious after death, and could go on to inhabit a fresh body. Without their stones these days, an Eldar soul is "torn apart" or otherwise consumed by Slaanesh upon their mortal body shedding it.

Lord-Caerolion
16-02-2011, 23:56
The entire Inquisitorial faction of Thorianism revolves around the possibility of the reincarnation of the Emperor, or at least manifestations of his divine power in appropriate hosts.

Lupe
17-02-2011, 04:34

That explains why we install all those lights around Xmas, though...

17-02-2011, 09:48
I freaking love this thread... the problem is... I cant remember where I read about the ritual sacrifice, premonition and stuff... but I DID read about it somewhere...

Can someone Inbox PM me the exact ref please?

LexxBomb
17-02-2011, 09:53
"Slaves to darkness" and "The lost and damned"... 1st edition

Lothlanathorian
17-02-2011, 10:26
I wish there would be more mention of the Star Child or the Sensei. There used to be layers within layers and conspiracies and things that made you go 'hmmm...'. Now, Space Marines shoot everything the end.

AndrewGPaul
17-02-2011, 11:23

Yes, but apart from looking like one, he's no more human than a Primarch is. It's one of the paradoxes of 40K; mankind's greatest champions and leader were about as alien as the things they were fighting against.

MagosHereticus
17-02-2011, 13:20
star child...
enough said if your a long beard

ive always thought it was a rubbish idea, why not steal as much wraithbone as you can and make a supersized spiritstone and wraithbone emperor?

or collect as much living metal as and create a new vessel for the emperors soul, he could be just as stompy and killy as a stargod!

Chem-Dog
17-02-2011, 15:04
More so, given that he managed to PwnD one without any such devices :cool:

grmpf
17-02-2011, 15:28
For the Eldar, reincarnation is an impossibility after the birth of Slaanesh (before the fall, there was no such thing as true death for them - Eldar physical bodies could die, but their souls were still very much intact and conscious after death, and could go on to inhabit a fresh body. Without their stones these days, an Eldar soul is "torn apart" or otherwise consumed by Slaanesh upon their mortal body shedding it.

It's false. The first time where they stopped reincarnate was the War in Heavens. Because of the Nightbringer.