PDA

View Full Version : 2000k WoC First Try

FestHest
18-02-2011, 21:22
Hello fellow wargamers.
This is my first attempt with a WoC army.
Any comments wellcome :)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
Level 4 (Lore of Shadow)
Conjoined Homunculus
Talisman of Preservation
Enchanted Shield
Necrotic Phylactery
Spell Familiar

Exalted Hero
BSB
Mark of Tzeentch
Collar of Khorne
Book of Secrets (Lore of Death)
Shield

42 Marauders
Great Weapon
Mark of Khorne
Full Command

20 Chaos Warriors
Full command
Shields
Mark of Tzeentch
Blasted Standard

Chaos Chariot
Mark of Khorne

6 Trolls

Warshrine

Hellcannon

tmarichards
19-02-2011, 16:28
Pretty solid.

I'd suggest playing a couple of games with the trolls in 2 units, it gives your opponents 2 separate things to deal with. Also, a lot of stuff that can deal with 3 trolls (namely elite infantry with flaming banner) will also deal with 6. Worth trying it out at least a couple of times.

FestHest
19-02-2011, 16:51
Good advice.
The reason for the one unit of 6 was it is more easy to keep in range of bsb and/or general.
But I think I will try the 2x3 trolls.

FestHest
19-02-2011, 16:56
A quick question, I can't seem to find anything that prevents a character with a mark join a unit with a different mark ?

And I don't know where the best place would be to place the General and BSB. Unless their marks chooses for me.

Jack of Blades
19-02-2011, 17:04
A quick question, I can't seem to find anything that prevents a character with a mark join a unit with a different mark ?

And I don't know where the best place would be to place the General and BSB. Unless their marks chooses for me.

Yep, that rule is gone. You can put any mark anywhere.

FestHest
20-02-2011, 19:00
I played it today against a Lizardmen army...

He got first turn and did some shooting, managed to wound 2 Hellcannon twice. Then went along and casted both Stoneskin and Dwellers below with Irresistible force, killing 6 of his own saurus' and 2 chaos warriors :) I had dispelled Throne of vines.

In my turn the hellcannon went bezerg and charged some skinks, it died in a fight in my second round...

The Marauders didn't have much to do other then taking some shooting and fighting small units of skirmishing skinks, and some Cold one riders.

The chaos warriors took a lot of shooting from 3 Razordon, he didn't misfire once with them in 5 turns... When the warriors finaly came in combat they were down to 13 models. So after 1 dwellers below and 3 turns of shooting from 3 Razordons I don't think a casulty of 7 is something to complain about.

In the end The warriors and the battle standard beat up his Slaan and the saurus warriors. The Slaan had managed to kill 14 saurrusses before they charged the flank of the chaos warriors, they held and in turn 5 had killed enough to win the combat with enough to make them flee (Leadership tests on the lowest 2 of 3d6 is a pain in the butt).

He had a Ancient Stegadon which I killed with Spirit Leech and The Penumbral Pendulum in my first turn.

To sum it up, I don't think I will take the warshrine again with this army, I used it once to give terror to to the chaos warriors, after that it drove some skinks away from the battle.

I didn't get to fire the Hellcannon once! but it will be back, if it had been a little closer to the bsb then it would probably woul have passed its test, but nevertheless I will bring it next time.

The chaos warriors is awesome ! AS 3+ Ward vs shooting on 4+ is the reason they could stand against around 60-70 str 4 hits. They are lagging some hitting power especially against saurus with T4 and 5+ AS. But combined with the Thoughness lowering spell it works wonder.

The BSB build is ok, he don't perform very well in combat, made 2 wounds on the Slaan in 2 rounds. Maybe Ill rethink him.
The Sorcerer and shadow, well not much fun there eighter, I couldn't hit with Pit of Shades. I may be choosing another Lore next time.

Oh and the trolls, two died from the Slaan's Dwellers below and then got run over by them in turn 2.

To sum it up;
Chaos warriors is great for taking pain.
Marauders need some big targets to work, I didn't have access to that here.
Warshrine... meh
Hellcannon didn't really get a chance, so it will be there next time.
Trolls, maybe in 2 units as tmarichards said.
I may take another chaos warriors unit for the cost of trolls and warshrine.

Eta
21-02-2011, 12:54
Your lord is illegal, both the Necrotic Phylactery and the Talisman of Preservation are talismans and thus mustn't be used on the same character.

FestHest
21-02-2011, 13:48
Damn, you are correct, I completely missed that one.