PDA

View Full Version : Devastating Charge

stashman
19-02-2011, 16:38
"Models with this special rule have +1 Attack during a turn in which they charge into combat."

So both rider and mount get +1 attack?

Thinking of the new specialcharacter in O&G book that makes his unit of spiderriders to get Devastating Charge. Lets say the charge a building = atleast 40 attacks!!! Awesome, when half is poison!!

Lord_Squinty
19-02-2011, 16:49
nope, "Model" covers mount and rider.

IIRC Frenzy doesnt apply to mounts, so think the +1A will only apply to rider too.

T10
19-02-2011, 16:51
See "Cavalry and Special Rules" p. 82.: Special rules that apply to the mount do not normally apply to the rider and vice versa.

I am not familiar with the text of the O&G special character's special rules, but it it's a blanket rule that applies to the entire unit, or all models in the unit, then it seems to me that it will apply to both rider and mount.

-T10

FestHest
19-02-2011, 16:54
Normaly a special rule only aplies to the rider, or to the mount. The rules can be found in the BRB p. 82 under "Cavalry and special rules."

The new O&G may of course overrule any rule in the BRB..

stashman
19-02-2011, 17:01
Forget that is is O&G - just Devastating charge.

Can't find anything under cavalry that says anything about Devastating Charge, just frenzy, ItP, fear, terror and stupidity.

RAW if not FAQ both rider and mount get +1 Attack

And with spider riders getting to charge buildings and 10 models, thats 40 attacks with special character rule. Thats heavy and brutal!!!

FestHest
19-02-2011, 17:13
If you would please read the rules given.
Those you mention is the exceptions where a special rule aplies to both the rider and the mount.
As you yourself pointed out Devastating charge is not among those.

stashman
19-02-2011, 17:18
Yes, and now I got it! And no devastating charge on buildings.

Thanks for all help.

FestHest
19-02-2011, 17:21
You are welcome.

Btw I think buildings are immune to poison ;)

theorox
19-02-2011, 19:39
RAW if not FAQ both rider and mount get +1 Attack

Ehhr, RAW (And i believe RAI, but whatever) it says the model gets an extra attack. Singular. :p

Just to be picky.

Theo

Rogzor87
19-02-2011, 21:01
If you would please read the rules given.
Those you mention is the exceptions where a special rule aplies to both the rider and the mount.
As you yourself pointed out Devastating charge is not among those.

But those exceptions are in reference to if one part of the model the other gets it. If a rule says the UNIT or some other sort of blanket statement then wouldn't both get it? since both the rider and mount are in the same unit?

Ehhr, RAW (And i believe RAI, but whatever) it says the model gets an extra attack. Singular. :p

Just to be picky.

Theo

Now i understand this part. where the entire model only benefits from +1 attack. So if thats the case are you able to choose what gets it? either the rider or the mount? str3 poisoned from a mount has a upside against things that are really tough compared to the str 4 on the charge rider.

FestHest
19-02-2011, 21:13
If the rule for the model say it gives it to both rider and mount, then yes. It may be so in the upcomming O&G book.

For the most part the special rules a model (a rider and his mount is considered one model or unit of one if alone) may have only aplies to one of them, unless specified otherwise in the unit entry.

antihelten
19-02-2011, 21:39
Isn't this basically a repeat of the Mark of Khorne discussion from some time ago, which if I remember correctly never really reached a conclusion, other than the fact that it needs a faq (which still hasn't shown up)

Harwammer
19-02-2011, 22:28
Now i understand this part. where the entire model only benefits from +1 attack. So if thats the case are you able to choose what gets it? either the rider or the mount? str3 poisoned from a mount has a upside against things that are really tough compared to the str 4 on the charge rider.

There appears to be a gap in the rules so you just need to agree with your opponent whether both parts of the model having devastating charge gives +(2x1) attacks or whether it's a single attack for the whole model having devastating charge (and if so you need to agree on how to determine which part benefits from the single attack).

Dux
20-02-2011, 09:52
Isn't this basically a repeat of the Mark of Khorne discussion from some time ago, which if I remember correctly never really reached a conclusion, other than the fact that it needs a faq (which still hasn't shown up)

I would say: Yes it is.

Errata/FAQ needed.