PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Points Empire First List

Saul Tarvitz
19-02-2011, 21:59
As stated this is my first Empire list, designed as a vaguely all comers list. It is based off the models I currently own, though I am happy to expand my collection.

Any suggestions and advice will be gratefully received.

Army List
Grand Army of Nordland
Total points: 1949.0
================================================== ==============

Section: Lord - 310.0 (15.5%)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Wizard Lord - 310.0 Lore of Shadows
Book of Ashur, Talisman of Endurance
Level 4 Wizard

Section: Hero - 487.0 (24.35%)

Master Engineer - 65.0

Battle Wizard - 150.0 Lord of Life
Seed of Rebirth, Grey Wand
Level 2 Wizard

Warrior Priest - 129.0
Armour of Fortune
Great Weapon

Warrior Priest - 143.0
Talisman of Preservation
Heavy Armour, Second Warhammer

Section: Core - 845.0 (42.25%)

40 Halberdiers w. Shield, Full Command - 260.0

Detachment - 10 Handgunners - 80.0

20 Free Company w. Full Command - 120.0

20 Swordsmen w. Full Command - 145.0

Detachment - 10 Crossbowmen - 80.0

Section: Special - 307.0 (15.35%)

6 Pistoliers w. Champion w. Repeater Pistol, Musician - 132.0

Great Cannon - 100.0

Mortar - 75.0

Walls
19-02-2011, 22:16
You NEED a BSB. Empire armies simply cannot function well without them. We need to win wars of attrition and in doing so are bound to lose combats. 40 Halberds may be stubborn... but at LD8. Rerolls? So important.

SeņorSpank
19-02-2011, 22:24
I highly recommend trying to fit in a Helblaster. I may not be an Empire player, but my buddy plays them and runs two of them in his 1500pt list. they pretty much take units of mine and make them disappear and he always manages to roll a misfire on his first roll and then follow it up with a 6 which means 30 S5 shots coming my way... luckly in our last game he was foolish enough to waste this tactic on a unit of 20 gnoblars.

Saul Tarvitz
19-02-2011, 22:37
Right then, the Master Engineer is out, and BSB is in. Thinking of giving him the Banner of Arcane Warding and Full Plate for 113pts.

Walls
20-02-2011, 00:59
Yoiu could also save pts by dropping the pistolier champ. Not sure the extra couple shots are worth the price IMO.

You could also semi cheat and make the free company a detachment to the halberds and save pts from the command. However, you need the banners for the break mission.

Saul Tarvitz
20-02-2011, 02:12
I've dropped the Outrider from the Pistoliers. I think for now I'll keep the Free Company as is, until I can get another unit of State Troops or some Flagellants bought.

After some moving around this is the second draft of the list.

Armylist
Grand Army of Nordland
Total points: 2000.0
================================================== ==============
Section: Lord - 310.0 (15.5%)
Wizard Lord - 310.0
Book of Ashur,Talisman of Endurance
Level 4 wizard

Section: Hero - 555.0 (27.75%)
Battle Wizard - 150.0
Seed of Rebirth,Grey Wand
Level 2 wizard

Warrior Priest - 129.0
Armour of Fortune
2 handed weapon

Warrior Priest - 148.0
Armour of Destiny
Heavy Armour,Second warhammer

Captain of the Empire - 128.0
1 Battlestandard bearer
Talisman of Preservation
Full Plate Armour

Section: Core - 845.0 (42.25%)
10 Handgunners - 80.0

20 Free Company FC - 120.0

40 Halberdiers shield FC - 260.0

20 Swordsmen FC - 145.0

10 Handgunners - 80.0

10 Handgunners - 80.0

10 Crossbowmen - 80.0

Section: Special - 290.0 (14.5%)
6 Pistoliers Musician - 115.0

Mortar - 75.0

Great Cannon - 100.0

Algovil
20-02-2011, 02:28
Max 25% Heroes!!!

Saul Tarvitz
20-02-2011, 02:39
Max 25% Heroes!!!

D'oh! Jiggery pokery time then.

Edit: Right, I'll drop the 129pts Warrior Priest. What to replace him with though? I could put in a naked Master Engineer then still have 74pts to play about with, if I drop the Musician from the Pistoliers I could get a second Mortar I suppose.

Walls
20-02-2011, 06:17
Troops. More troops!

Algovil
20-02-2011, 07:27
Where will all characters go, since you only have 1 big unit? Combine 2 units of handgunners to one with 20, Wizard Lord here, which lores btw?

You could use the blocks of 20 as detachments, Save points with no Command. Then you could put a banner on the Handgunners.

A few more Warmachines would be great. If you drop the expensive Warrior Priest you could get a mortar. If you could find points for both 1 mortar and 1 cannon that would be the best I think. You could drop the Battle Wizard, but he could be useful.

If I had those units I would use the Halberdiers 6x7, put a Warrior Priest and BSB here, use the other 2 units as detachments. Handgunners 20 with Standard, musician maybe, with Wizard Lord. Two detachments of crossbowmen 10 each for this unit.

Do you have any more units, warmachines?

Please comment on my list in this forum. 2200 Empire that is!

Saul Tarvitz
20-02-2011, 20:38
The Wizards are going to keeping the same Lores as in the first list - so Shadow on the Lvl4 and Life on the Lvl2.

The army was bought second hand and was advertised as a 6th Edition army, which I think is a fair assessment of it. The Swordsmen are already assembled with the FC, but I could always put their FC into the Halberdiers, which have yet to be built. I think I'd rather keep the Swordsmen as a unit with FC though, as I plan to expand that unit once everything in this list is built and painted.

I'll drop the cheaper Warrior Priest, but I'd rather keep the more expensive one simply because he's potentially more survivable, though he does cost 139pts and not 148pts as he doesn't need Heavy Armour and the Armour of Destiny...

Halberdier block will be getting the BSB and a WP in it, I'd not given much thought as to where the Wizards would be deployed. I was thinking one in the Swordsmen unit perhaps, though I'm not too sure on that.

Dropping one Warrior Priest and the musician on the Pistoliers gives me 160pts, I suppose I could drop the FC from the Free Company, which means I have 180pts, meaning I can get a second Great Cannon and Mortar, and still have 5pts left over.

I'm not a fan of big units of ranged infantry, I'd much rather have them spread around in smaller units so I can have the option to tackle multiple threats if the need presents itself.

The original list represents the sum total of the models I currently own for the Empire, bar extra Wizards that can be used to represent different Lores later down the line.

So its looking like I'm dropping the cheap Priest, muso on the Pistoliers and FC on the Free Company. The 180 saved can then either be spent on more Warmachines or perhaps more infantry. I could take an 18 man unit of Flagellants for all their Unbreakable loveliness, but would I better served with a third unit with FC in their place? After all I do only have two standards in here, not including the BSB that is.

Edit: It has been suggested on Warhammer Empire that I drop the sixth Pistolier instead of the musician, as he'll be useful for when they inevitably flee. This gives me 191pts to play with, rather than the aforementioned 180pts.

Algovil
20-02-2011, 22:38
Yes, I agree dropping the 6th pistoliers might be better, I just learned the use of musician on fast cavalry too!