PDA

View Full Version : Is this CHEAP?

ROCKY
23-03-2006, 17:56
I was designing a dwarf army to face a magic heavy friend and came up with this:
Runelord: with the anvil, 3x rune of spell breaking
runesmith with 1x rune of spell breaking and the spell eater rune

Is this considered a low blow? I feel bad yet evil:evilgrin:
So should I continue as planned or just fidel around and make it easier for him to cast spells?

ROCKY
23-03-2006, 18:20
WoW. Talk about a straight forward answer. Anyways I think I will add a master rune of balance (I take one powerdice from him and add one spell dice for me) then I will take out one rune of spell breaking and add a spell eater rune. all this change BTW is for my runelord,

leeoaks
23-03-2006, 18:27
I would go ahead as planned. After all, winning is all that counts.i bet people love playing you! i have to say that is the worst comment ive ever seen! come on winning is only fun if you beat an opponent who is a match for you!

i hope he changes all those models for fighting characters and shreads you to bits for being a cheese! and teaches you a lesson!

ROCKY
23-03-2006, 18:31
i bet people love playing you! i have to say that is the worst comment ive ever seen! come on winning is only fun if you beat an opponent who is a match for you!

i hope he changes all those models for fighting characters and shreads you to bits for being a cheese! and teaches you a lesson!
Ummmm, what do I have to do with the comment listed above? I enjoy playing!:cries: Not winning (although It is nice sometimes to dominate an opponent).I am merely asking is it OK? I am asking for recommandations! I did not say hehe this guy is going all magic so I am DEFINATELY going to do this! I feel like I have been misunderstood....:cries:

Lyonator
23-03-2006, 18:50
Wanna explain what all these things do?
I dont think I'm the only one who doesn't know anything about dwarven rules/items/runes.

ROCKY
23-03-2006, 22:51
ooops! terribly sorry. haha,ah....Yes the runes of spellbreaking act as dispel scrolls and the rune of spelleating acts like a dispel scroll and can make an opponent wizard forget a spell. as for the master rune of balance takes one power dice from the opponent and turns it into a dispel dice for me each turn!

Lyonator
23-03-2006, 22:57
Thats not cheap, its just a more proactive method o going anti-magic.
As someone who likes to magehammer, I wouldn't want to see it, but I wouldn't call it cheap.

Alco Engineer
23-03-2006, 23:08
It'd be good agaisnt magic heavy armies. They have to have some sort of opponent to fear. My VC's use 10 power dice in 2000pts. But I was outclassed by a Tzeentch army last game I had who had 15! End of the day, so long as you always take this list, then whoever you play will have a fair chance (if they don't spend much on magic, then you're at the disadvantage). Just don't taylor it to specific lists, or only bring it out when you know what your opponents taking.

MisterHeavy
24-03-2006, 22:49
One piece of advice that I ususally give people who ask the "is this cheesy" type of question is to ask yourself if you would take that army against "all comers". Try to make a list that you'll use against everyone, regardless of what army they play. Not only will it help you avoid the metagame, but it'll make you a better general in the long run.

warlorded78
02-04-2006, 01:02
I always like to take "tournament" lists. But if you want to take an anti-magic list then make sure your troops can do the killing they need to do to win. My best defence against magic is killing the mages. Take a gyrocopter or something that can run out and do the job.

oma
02-04-2006, 08:51
i think that runelord and anvil gives you enough dice, give the runelord some scrolls aswell (3) and you dont need anything other.. have some magic resistance on some of your thanes in the elite units (a mix of oatshone and RoWarding or just 2 RoWarding)

I wouldent say that your list is a cheesy list, as your opponent might have a cheesy list if he's going macig heavy

lord_blackfang
02-04-2006, 09:02
Hve you and your opponent agreed to tool up specifically against eachother? If yes, it's obviously OK. If your opponent is expecting you to bring a normal take on all comers list, you should do so. Playing a balanced force without special gimmics designed specifically for the current enemy will (in time) make you a better general, too.

drubenor
04-04-2006, 20:20
i think it is not cheap but if you have a good shield of defence before your anvil than it is okay 'caus evenelse it would just been killed by anything that could see it

ROCKY
04-04-2006, 20:45
Thanks guys. What I did is that I made an army to fight everyone and took the runelord with some runes of dispel and a an anvil and threw out the runesmiths and took thanes. it worked better than what I hoped! plus I did take a gyrocopter and managed to kill 1 of his mages. which became the cripple in his strategy.